IGNORED

Personalities

Matt

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I had to do this test for work;

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

The results I got are quite accurate, but where it isn'ttt it's way off. Has anyone done something like this before? 

I apparently ended up under this definition “The Campaigner” (ENFP-T), curious to see how others turn out :)  

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:

CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-A)

vroom.gifI couldn't even beat a dog in a car race me  :D

DEBATER PERSONALITY (ENTP, -A/-T)

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ’crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.

ADVOCATE PERSONALITY (INFJ, -A/-T)

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

definite truth in that, i like to help people and am a dreamer.

I got "defender" whatever the hell that means, maybe Sam will offer me a contract:P.

Second to last question is a bit odd though. "You have always been interested in unconventional and ambiguous things, e.g. in books, art, or movies."

When did books, art and movies become unconventional and ambiguous:huh:?

Edit; means this apparently.

https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality

On these tests years ago, I used to be INTP, but it seems I've morphed into an ENTP-A. Using the labels they've assigned, that makes me a Debater personality. Since in my career I've sometimes been a key-note speaker or panel participant (and was once a parliamentary candidate), I'm quite OK with that. :) 

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ’crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

Ah the old Myers Briggs.... I did a big department wide study on this in work. Very interesting.  Think I was ENFP.... I will do this one. 

Yep.... still an ENFP

We are rare Matt. 

The thing that surprised me is that I've always thought I much more logical than emotional. I've been compared to a Vulcan on a few times :lol: That said, Vulcans are just masters of supressing their emotions, and on the rare occasion when their emotions flare up, it tends to be volatile. After the events of the last 6 months in my private life, that's pretty much spot on, so maybe the ENFP conclusion is more accurate than I initially thought. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Finding it a bit funny that the logisticians voted to leave the EU :P

It's interesting seeing the mix of personalities we have, I wonder if it will help me better understand their points of view in future

Its because we thought it through, weighed up the pros and cons and took a considered decision. That and the fact that the EU is crap.:D

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've been trying to read posts through this lens now.

To be honest, your's is spot on so I don't have to worry about you :)

Just now, johnh said:

Its because we thought it through, weighed up the pros and cons and took a considered decision. That and the fact that the EU is crap.:D

I do love irony and satire, John ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

INFP (- A / - T) / Mediator Type

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Says, “Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.”

Funny because I see myself as quite cynical, and I do love a debate, pissing loads of my friends/acquaintances off. I think that part of me has cooled, and I do think a later bit is quite accurate.