IGNORED

Leicester City (Home) Wednesday January 31st

markjazzbassist

i'm expecting a loss here.  they sit back and play on the counter, we sit back and do nothing.  It's home but Sam has shown that doesn't mean anything to him, just another chance to get 1 point.

what i want and will never see

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Garbutt

Gana

Walcott   Gylfi    Lookman

Tosun DCL

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm expecting a loss here.  they sit back and play on the counter, we sit back and do nothing.  It's home but Sam has shown that doesn't mean anything to him, just another chance to get 1 point.

Pickford

Gana

Tosun DCL

How can you even post this so soon after that shit? I try to forget about them until at least Monday.

Pickford

Gana

Tosun DCL

I’d give Vlasic another chance because he looked positive despite fuck all support ahead, beside it behind him. Then let Lookman come on against tired legs. 

Just not Bolasie. He’s so very clearly not ready (/good enough in my opinion)

Pickford

Gana

Tosun DCL

That's the lineup I'd want to see. Maybe Sandro for DCL for a pacey foil.

We dont seem to be able to make 451 work, we haven't got the players for a 532 so I think we should try 442. What else have we got to lose?

If we do go 451 I would line up like this:

Pickford

Kenny / Holgate / Williams / Cuco

Gana

Davies / Siggy

Walcott / Tosun / Vlasic

If we went 442 I would line up like this:

Pickford

Vlasic / Davies / Gana / Siggy

Walcott / Tosun (or DCL)

I dont like the middle of midfield as I think they are both a bit too indisciplined but now that McCarthy is out I dont think there is a better option, especially after the stats from todays game for Schneiderlin.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

just remembered our D is so shite maybe 3 at the back.  hows this look fellas

Pickford

Holgate     Jags     Williams

Davies Gana Gylfi  Kenny       

Walcott  Tosun  Vlasic

Personally I would want to avoid confusing things more than they already are. We are struggling with defending as it is, and adding another defender into the mix isnt going to help. Look what happened at Southampton!

I am also not a fan of 5-3-2, everyone has tried to copy Chelsea but its messed Spurs up, City tried it and it didn't work for them, Arsenal can only do it when they need to sit in against a better side.

Allardyce has been around now for long enough to know what he wants to do and how he wants to do it. If he starts tinkering with going to a back 5, which is something I dont remember him doing before, then to me it shows that he doesnt have a clear plan of how he wants to move us forward.

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

They should absolutely batter us - they are quite a good side. Puel is clearly a good manager and Mahrez and Vardy still have it.

His counter attack style was “too boring” for Soton (even though it got them to a cup final) but it’s perfect for Leicester.  I like the guy, glad he got another chance.

On 1/20/2018 at 18:03, Bailey said:

We dont seem to be able to make 451 work, we haven't got the players for a 532 so I think we should try 442. What else have we got to lose?

If we do go 451 I would line up like this:

Pickford

Gana

Davies / Siggy

Walcott / Tosun / Vlasic

If we went 442 I would line up like this:

Pickford

Vlasic / Davies / Gana / Siggy

Walcott / Tosun (or DCL)

I dont like the middle of midfield as I think they are both a bit too indisciplined but now that McCarthy is out I dont think there is a better option, especially after the stats from todays game for Schneiderlin.

In midfield, why was Beni dropped? He was a pleasant surprise, but Crooked Sam appears to have sent him back down. I’d bring him back now McCarthy is out. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

His counter attack style was “too boring” for Soton (even though it got them to a cup final) but it’s perfect for Leicester.  I like the guy, glad he got another chance.

Southampton sacking him looks more of a head scratcher every day. He had a great record in France as well.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:01, Matt said:

I’d give Vlasic another chance because he looked positive despite fuck all support ahead, beside it behind him. Then let Lookman come on against tired legs. 

Just not Bolasie. He’s so very clearly not ready (/good enough in my opinion)

must have watched a different game to me, he was absolutely shite I thought, rather Lookman be given a chance after his superb cameo against the shite.

On 1/21/2018 at 18:31, Cornish Steve said:

In midfield, why was Beni dropped? He was a pleasant surprise, but Crooked Sam appears to have sent him back down. I’d bring him back now McCarthy is out. 

Didn't play in the last U23 game against Spurs, so hopefully it was because he was with the first team and not an injury.

I would like to see:

Pickford

Kenny    Keane   Jags   Martina ( no f-ing choice)

Gana

Rooney

Walcott        Gylfi            Bolasie

Tosun

Let Gana do all the donkey work with Wayne in close proximity to dictate the game. Let Gylfi do his work up field rather than left back. Bolasie will be fucked by half time doing 2 jobs so swap him for Lookman. DCL on for Tosun with 25 to go. Easy peasy this management malarkey ;-)   

I repeat. Any team without Schneiderlin, Cuco and Sandro. 

Pickford Holgate Keane Jags Kenny Gana Davies Rooney Walcott Tosun DCL

P.S. Fat Sam is full of complete dog shit when he says Gylfi and Rooney can't play in the same team. He watched from the stands when they played at beat WHU 4-0, then put them on the same field when we beat Huddersfield, Newcastle, Swansea and tied Liverpool. The rot set back in when Rooney got sick and they weren't playing in the same team. And to say they aren't athletic enough...perhaps he should take a fucking look at the fucking statue he has sitting in front of the back four who covers no ground, doesn't play the ball forward, and makes few tackles.

Last thing - said this many many times, as a fan I can accept having inferior talent, i can accept having superior talent and losing, I CANNOT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT LACK OF EFFORT AND DESIRE. We concede and act like a bunch of petulant school children who had their ball stolen. How about we grow a fucking pair and take our ball back. I physically ache watching this team play every weekend. My blood boils at the lack of commitment. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I repeat. Any team without Schneiderlin, Cuco and Sandro. 

Pickford Holgate Keane Jags Kenny Gana Davies Rooney Walcott Tosun DCL

P.S. Fat Sam is full of complete dog shit when he says Gylfi and Rooney can't play in the same team. He watched from the stands when they played at beat WHU 4-0, then put them on the same field when we beat Huddersfield, Newcastle, Swansea and tied Liverpool. The rot set back in when Rooney got sick and they weren't playing in the same team. And to say they aren't athletic enough...perhaps he should take a fucking look at the fucking statue he has sitting in front of the back four who covers no ground, doesn't play the ball forward, and makes few tackles.

Last thing - said this many many times, as a fan I can accept having inferior talent, i can accept having superior talent and losing, I CANNOT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT LACK OF EFFORT AND DESIRE. We concede and act like a bunch of petulant school children who had their ball stolen. How about we grow a fucking pair and take our ball back. I physically ache watching this team play every weekend. My blood boils at the lack of commitment. 

They can play in the same side as long as they have some energy around them. If you played Schneiderlin, Siggy and Rooney as your midfield 3 you would have quite a few problems!

Completely agree with the second paragraph!

__________Pickford 

_____Baningime Besic 

Walcott___________Sigurdssen 

_______Tosun Rooney 

Besic to man mark Mahrez, he's the heart of their team always showing for the ball stifle him and don't leave any gaps at the back for Vardy and it's half the job done. 

Rooney up top as Leicester are hardly the most mobile at the back and Tosun would learn a thing or two plus do the running for him. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

__________Pickford 

_____Baningime Besic 

_______Tosun Rooney 

Besic to man mark Mahrez, he's the heart of their team always showing for the ball stifle him and don't leave any gaps at the back for Vardy and it's half the job done. 

Rooney up top as Leicester are hardly the most mobile at the back and Tosun would learn a thing or two plus do the running for him. 

Like it, but I'm not sure Besic would last too long man marking Mahrez.

25 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Cheers mate. Only other player we've got who could man mark is Gana, and bias aside, I wouldn't trust him to stay goalside as he ball chases. Plus Besic done a decent job on Messi albeit 4 years ago, there's a risk Besic has dropped off a cliff mind, but think most of us would like to see him get a chance and find out if there's still a player in there. 

14 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Cheers mate. Only other player we've got who could man mark is Gana, and bias aside, I wouldn't trust him to stay goalside as he ball chases. Plus Besic done a decent job on Messi albeit 4 years ago, there's a risk Besic has dropped off a cliff mind, but think most of us would like to see him get a chance and find out if there's still a player in there. 

The bigger problem is that you can't have 1 person in a 2 man midfield man marking. Benni looks a good prospect but he can run a midfield all by himself.

On 1/24/2018 at 16:43, pete0 said:

__________Pickford 

_____Baningime Besic 

_______Tosun Rooney 

Rooney up top? Has been tried and he is never in the box. More likely to be found at LB.  If you were going to go with that formation I'd bring in DCL.

Personally I'd go with this:

Pickford

Kenny    Holgate  Williams   Martina ( no f-ing choice)

Rooney        Gana

Walcott        Gylfi            Vlasic

Tosun

Why? Because we always play that formation.  Beni played the last u23 game so I am betting he won't be in the squad (looked good too). Vlasic to start for a shift (worried about Mahrez) with Lookman on later.  Davies on later as well with Morgan dropped from the squad (won't happen tho)

Gunna need a drink or two before this game kicks off...