IGNORED

Leicester City (Home) Wednesday January 31st

markjazzbassist

46 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Rooney up top? Has been tried and he is never in the box. More likely to be found at LB.  If you were going to go with that formation I'd bring in DCL.

Personally I'd go with this:

Pickford

Kenny    Holgate  Williams   Martina ( no f-ing choice)

Rooney        Gana

Walcott        Gylfi            Vlasic

Tosun

Why? Because we always play that formation.  Beni played the last u23 game so I am betting he won't be in the squad (looked good too). Vlasic to start for a shift (worried about Mahrez) with Lookman on later.  Davies on later as well with Morgan dropped from the squad (won't happen tho)

Gunna need a drink or two before this game kicks off...

That's were the manager needs to be stronger. He'd still have 2 maybe 3 excellent seasons in him if he just stayed up top and was used like the season after RVN left United and he was more disciplined taking over the role.

Mid week game so fingers crossed. After last week, I'd not even have Schneiderlin near the training ground. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

That's were the manager needs to be stronger. He'd still have 2 maybe 3 excellent seasons in him if he just stayed up top and was used like the season after RVN left United and he was more disciplined taking over the role.

Mid week game so fingers crossed. After last week, I'd not even have Schneiderlin near the training ground. 

My fingers crossed too!

PeteO is spot on that Mahrez is the man who makes them tick, and he's right when he says Besic could do a job on him he will nullify him or be sent off trying but he won't give him an easy time, you couldn't ask Rooney or Gona to do that role Mahrez would piss all over them, Davies is another option he as that never say die attitude and again won't give him an easy time.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Martina

Davies Schneiderlin Besic

Walcott Tosun Lookman

That's right Bill but for all the money we've got for all the transfer windows we've been through the poor decisions of the management and directors have let us down, and unfortunately we are where we are when it comes to the left side of the team, another option do we have go 3 across the back five across the middle that hasn't worked in the past, our CBs are to slow and scared to push up there not mobile enough, so Cuco in some ways is the less of two evils.                                 So I would hope that Besic and Lookman would offer a bit more on the left than Rooney, Gona and Gylfi.

On 1/27/2018 at 07:01, Palfy said:

That's right Bill but for all the money we've got for all the transfer windows we've been through the poor decisions of the management and directors have let us down, and unfortunately we are where we are when it comes to the left side of the team, another option do we have go 3 across the back five across the middle that hasn't worked in the past, our CBs are to slow and scared to push up there not mobile enough, so Cuco in some ways is the less of two evils.                                 So I would hope that Besic and Lookman would offer a bit more on the left than Rooney, Gona and Gylfi.

30 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Cuco is nailed on for LB. Crooked Sam appears to have made up his mind on this point, but heaven knows why. 

Garbutt is in the team. One can hope. Or, failing that, fat Sam can make another bad decision and start Coleman, pushing Kenny to the left, which is still a better option than #neverCuco.

He should stay with Cuco as he is the best we have at that position at the moment and has been doing a decent job as far as basics go. He isn’t the right player though and it leaves us short of an attacking left back. 

Mid things are going well then he should let Garbutt have a go. Not sure it would do the guy any good to have him start... knowing he will want to make an impression... only to be faced with one of the leagues best attacking right sides mids. 

Long game. Let Cuco kill himself trying to cope and then let Garbutt come on knowing he can’t do any worse.

14 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Garbutt is in the team. One can hope. Or, failing that, fat Sam can make another bad decision and start Coleman, pushing Kenny to the left, which is still a better option than #neverCuco.

I don't know mate seems like out of the frying pan and into the fire by switching Kenny there, he probably wouldn't fair much better than Cuco, the board need to get us a natural LB and a natural left footed wide man, let's be honest it's not rocket science we've all on here known this for a couple of seasons now, how they haven't made it a priority has bemused me.

Yeah, and hopefully that'll mean he doesn't play tomorrow, because "his mind is elsewhere" as the managers always say, and they'll want to wait until after the deadline before putting him on the pitch again. 

That said, I'm still pessimistic. It's just a general thing with me these days, it doesn't matter the opponent or their line-up, I just assume a miserable scraped 1-1 draw is the absolute best we can hope for, and a 2-0 loss to whoever is the most likely outcome. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't know mate seems like out of the frying pan and into the fire by switching Kenny there, he probably wouldn't fair much better than Cuco, the board need to get us a natural LB and a natural left footed wide man, let's be honest it's not rocket science we've all on here known this for a couple of seasons now, how they haven't made it a priority has bemused me.

I don't disagree. I just don't see any fullback being worse. I don't at all think it would be fair to Kenny or help his maturation, though.

Not bothered if he plays or not. The players should lift themselves for better opponents.

It could even have he opposite effect, with the rest of their players sending out a big F U! We don’t need you.

wow, usually I’m just happy we are playing again. Feeling kind of meh about it today. 

So Tosun doesn't start then.

What is going on at this club? I feel like it's being managed by people with absolutely no knowledge of the sport what so ever.

Tosun seems to want to play quick, purposeful football, and seems clever and has come from a club which allows this to happen. As has Rooney.

Rooney needs to start with along with Tosun not Niasse. Why did Rooney get dropped and now hes back in Niasse is starting with him? 

I love to see Seamus back and I want him to improve the squad so much, but has he played enough for the u23s to start a premier league game? 

And don't get me started on a midfield two of Davies and Gana.