IGNORED

Eliaquim Mangala

c1982

i don't think this is as bad as people are making out, he is an upgrade on our defense - left sided centre back and a more typical style defender is what we need - think is an upgrade on our aging defence - hopefully with a point to prove and on loan so if it doenst work like some of our expensive flops we are rid come summer.  lets give him a chance and see how we go.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We are a million miles away from being a top 6 side so loaning players to help bridge the gap is fine by me

We spent 150 million last summer with the express ambition of becoming a top 6 side. Yeah we all know that's gone tits up - but how are we ever going to reach our stated ambition for the past 15 years if we keep buying players who have been rejected by the top 6 because they aren't good enough? It's lazy recruitment if you ask me, 'oh they've played for City/Arsenal/Man Utd, there must be a good player there.' Mentality wise, players like this are a risk because they see their shot at the big time gone, you're dealing with bruised egos on massive wages. 

Plus, I don't rate him at all. 

i don't think this is as bad as people are making out, he is an upgrade on our defense - left sided centre back and a more typical style defender is what we need - think is an upgrade on our aging defence - hopefully with a point to prove and on loan so if it doenst work like some of our expensive flops we are rid come summer.  lets give him a chance and see how we go.

Totally agree , I think he is better, younger and faster than any of our current CB’s and has a point to prove in a World Cup year so a loan is a no brainier for me

If it works great, if it doesn’t then we pack him off back to City

21 minutes ago, hafnia said:

By all accounts he was very good for Valencia on loan. Had ronaldo in his pocket against Real Madrid.

Definitely worth a go. 

Besic had Messi under control for a game too, Sandro had a cracking season in Spain. 

Hoping his poor performances he has for City stay there and he shines