IGNORED

Eliaquim Mangala

c1982

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're going to be very disappointed. We're bringing in the French Titus Bramble.

I have watched him in a handful of games for City over the last two seasons and I didn't think he was that bad defensively, he is just terrible on the ball. He is a terrible fit for City in that respect.

I look at our CBs and I think him and Williams would be a good partnership. No nonsense, aggressive and one of them can organise whilst the other has pace and power.

5 hours ago, scouse said:

i don't think this is as bad as people are making out, he is an upgrade on our defense - left sided centre back and a more typical style defender is what we need - think is an upgrade on our aging defence - hopefully with a point to prove and on loan so if it doenst work like some of our expensive flops we are rid come summer.  lets give him a chance and see how we go.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Some pace at the back and an upgrade from what we have.... still fans dont want him?

For the rift fee or on a loan is fine with me. We need to sort out our defence so we can feel confident to attack.

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Totally agree , I think he is better, younger and faster than any of our current CB’s and has a point to prove in a World Cup year so a loan is a no brainier for me

If it works great, if it doesn’t then we pack him off back to City

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

He's a stopper.  Not a ball playing defender.  A bit of a distin defender. 

I agree with you all. I dont really fancy having here long term BUT whilst we have fat Sam as our manager it makes sense. Hopefully they can help pack each others bags when they leave in the summer.

17 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Oh well- I’ll get behind him obviously but he’s like Bambi with the ball at his feet- an already nervous defence is about to get worse. At least he’s left footed and he is quick.

So a left footed Michael Keane? 

Can't actually say that I remember watching him at city and thinking "that lads shit".  Id rather have a left back but this isn'tt a bad gamble by any means.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If there is hopefully that doesn’t mean he’s a manager’s signing or it’s another signal the fuck will be sticking around. 

That’s why I’m curious. I suppose (thinking about it) an option to buy is just that an option so it still wouldn’t give any clues of the clubs intentions.

23 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Is there any option to buy on this? I don’t seem to be able to find anything that says there is just all saying a loan deal.

I hope so or there would be no point in this. He isnt going g to get us into Europe, so it needs to be an option to look and buy. Would be typical Everton to be a loan with no option haha.

22 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Isn’t that the argument used to bring in Martina? Low cost, low risk?

Martina brought it last night. (Mostly) and i have to give him credit for getting his head down and working hard despite the fans getting on his case week in and week out. I still feel that it was a low risk signing. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think he’s an awful defender, and he didn’t play well tonight, but our manager completely threw him under the bus by throwing him in in that set-up tonight. I felt quite sorry for him. 

Yep lets take a player low in confidence, throw him into a defense that changes more often than a  tribute act, then get everyone to play a system they hardly know. Feel sorry for all the defenders today.

For a manager who is a supposed to be defensive genius, he is looking more and more like a manager, out of his time, out of energy and ideas.

I’m not going to judge him on today’s performance, considering he was thrown into the worst possible situation. That said, beyond a few anticipated errors, he did better than expected with the ball at his feet and was even attempting to shout orders around. Hopefully we can settle him into a pairing with Jags or Holgate (and keep it together for more than one match). 

Hope his knee is okay, but he's complete bobbins. Just like Keane and Williams.  However, he's Sam's bobbins, so he's going to play.

He's supposed to be a big hard old fashioned centre back, but he looked soft as shite yesterday getting muscled off the ball.  Oh and he can't pass for shit either.