IGNORED

Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?

Bailey

Lets assume that Sam and Walsh is gone in the summer (hopefully sooner!) and we have a manager/DoF that want to play attacking and exciting football, or at least, not the defensive rubbish we have had to put up with this year. With that in mind, out of the current squad, who do you want to keep, who do you want out of the club and who do you not really care about?

Goal Keepers

Pickford is a must keep.

Id like to keep Joel but Stek can go.

Left Back

Baines can only be a back up option so we need a new starting LB.

The options behind Baines arent likely to be good enough.

Right Back

This is one position we are sorted. Coleman starts and Kenny is the back up.

Centre Back

Where do we start here? I wouldnt say any of them are good enough anymore for what we need. If Jags is healthy enough I would definitely keep hm as he knows the club inside out.

Williams, Keane, Funes Mori can all go if the money is right. Williams isnt going to get any better, Keane is too easily exposed and I'm not convinced by Funes Mori. If he is at the same level as he was before his injury I would probably be most inclined to keep him as the money isnt likely to be there for him and he wont be on a big wage himself.

Holgate is the unknown quantity at the moment. He has shown flashes of being a top centre half but he needs to mature. Id certainly keep him around.

Defensive Mid

Schneiderlin can fuck right off. Besic can go too.

Gana I would definitely keep and Benni should be stepped up into the first team.

Centre Mid

I would probably keep hold of all of Klaassen, Davies, Siggy and Rooney. You have two pairs to dovetail in Klaassen and Davies and then Rooney and Siggy.

Wingers

Bolasie can go, I just dont get him. Mirallas can do the same.

Vlasic, Lookman and Walcott are all more than capable. I would like to see another quality winger added to this list so that we have 4 quality options, preferably someone a bit trickier and smarter in the Vlasic mode. We have Dowell coming back too.

You could include Sandro in this. I have watched some more videos of him and he looks more of a wide player than a striker. There is promise there but he also has some bad habits which he doesnt get away with in England when coming against packed defences.

Strikers

As hard as he tries, Niasse ultimately isn'tt good enough for a team that should be challenging the top 6. He is great for a relegation team that need that drive, but if we want to progress as a club we need more than hard work.

Tosun is an unknown and DCL has showed that he is a capable deputy.

I still think we will need a 3rd option, possibly allowing DCL to get some game time on loan.

Out: Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Martina, Williams, Sandro, Besic, Keane, Bolasie, Steklenberg, Mirallas. I'd not be planning on using Jags and Baines much so if they want regular first team football, they can go too. 

Forget being nice, forget 'oh let's just give them a chance.' it's slash and burn time, cut our losses and start again. 

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

Out: Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Martina, Williams, Sandro, Besic, Keane, Bolasie, Steklenberg, Mirallas. I'd not be planning on using Jags and Baines much so if they want regular first team football, they can go too. 

Forget being nice, forget 'oh let's just give them a chance.' it's slash and burn time, cut our losses and start again. 

Its not about being nice though, its more about keeping some stability, even if it is because they are good characters like Jags and Baines, who whilst not at their best anymore, are still capable of holding their own in the premier league and in their case it is probably harder to find a replacement at the right price than it is just to keep them.

Just look at the money we have paid trying to replace some of Martinez signings! Niasse, Funes Mori, McCarthy, McGeady, Kone, Barry, Gerry... All pretty inexpensive in the grand scheme of things, and most of them arent really good enough, but the big price and high wage players we have bought into replace them have performed worse!

Jags cannot be captain next season even if he stays. Great club servant and all that but since Neville hung up his boots in 2013 we haven't had a leader on the pitch which doesn't help when things are against us. Need someone bossy and gobby. Coleman for me if he really gets back to peak fitness and can start every week. Tom would be good for the future.

Go:

Defenders:

Coco, Williams, Jags

Midfielders:

Schneiderlin, Mirallas, Besic, 

Strikers:

Niasse

I would like a team of:

Pickford

Coleman / Kenny     Holgate / Keane    Mori / ?    Garbutt / ?

Gana / Baningime  Davies / ?

Walcott / Lookman           Siggy / Dowell / Klaassen    Vlasic / Bolasie / Sandro

Cenk / DCL / ?

We have allot of talented young players who need first team football and deserve a shot given we will probably not have Euro football so no need for a massive squad. Ship out the dead wood, get in quality players.

Most importantly get a manager who can blend the players into a team who can play the Everton way.

Sell/Retire:  Martina, Schneiderlin, Jags(Retire), Baines(retire), Besic, Mirallas, Stek, Mccarthy, Tarashaj, Niasse, Klaassen

Loan Out - Dowell, Pennington, Galloway, Browning, Onyekuru

Keep

GK - Pickford, Robles

LB - Garbutt

RB - Coleman, Kenny

CB - Keane, Holgate, Williams, Mori

DM - Gana, Beni, Davies

ACM - Rooney, Gylfi

LW - Lookman, Bolasie

RW - Walcott, Vlasic

ST - Tosun, DCL, Sandro

Spend half the kitty on a LB young and for the future who can start now, the other half on more promising youngsters, the rest of the squad looks fine.

Lets assume that Sam and Walsh is gone in the summer (hopefully sooner!) and we have a manager/DoF that want to play attacking and exciting football, or at least, not the defensive rubbish we have had to put up with this year. With that in mind, out of the current squad, who do you want to keep, who do you want out of the club and who do you not really care about?
Goal Keepers
Pickford is a must keep.
Id like to keep Joel but Stek can go.
Left Back
Baines can only be a back up option so we need a new starting LB.
The options behind Baines arent likely to be good enough.
Right Back
This is one position we are sorted. Coleman starts and Kenny is the back up.
Centre Back
Where do we start here? I wouldnt say any of them are good enough anymore for what we need. If Jags is healthy enough I would definitely keep hm as he knows the club inside out.
Williams, Keane, Funes Mori can all go if the money is right. Williams isnt going to get any better, Keane is too easily exposed and I'm not convinced by Funes Mori. If he is at the same level as he was before his injury I would probably be most inclined to keep him as the money isnt likely to be there for him and he wont be on a big wage himself.
Holgate is the unknown quantity at the moment. He has shown flashes of being a top centre half but he needs to mature. Id certainly keep him around.
Defensive Mid
Schneiderlin can fuck right off. Besic can go too.
Gana I would definitely keep and Benni should be stepped up into the first team.
Centre Mid
I would probably keep hold of all of Klaassen, Davies, Siggy and Rooney. You have two pairs to dovetail in Klaassen and Davies and then Rooney and Siggy.
Wingers
Bolasie can go, I just dont get him. Mirallas can do the same.
Vlasic, Lookman and Walcott are all more than capable. I would like to see another quality winger added to this list so that we have 4 quality options, preferably someone a bit trickier and smarter in the Vlasic mode. We have Dowell coming back too.
You could include Sandro in this. I have watched some more videos of him and he looks more of a wide player than a striker. There is promise there but he also has some bad habits which he doesnt get away with in England when coming against packed defences.
Strikers
As hard as he tries, Niasse ultimately isn'ttt good enough for a team that should be challenging the top 6. He is great for a relegation team that need that drive, but if we want to progress as a club we need more than hard work.
Tosun is an unknown and DCL has showed that he is a capable deputy.
I still think we will need a 3rd option, possibly allowing DCL to get some game time on loan.

Pretty much go along with all of that