IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 10th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Should be an easy 3 here but with sam Im not confident.  Not even going to put a lineup when we won’t see it anyways. 

Palace are playing well, certainly far better than us. They should have beaten Newcastle but didn't take their chances. 

It's these type of games we can' afford to lose because they are 6 pointers. 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Palace are playing well, certainly far better than us. They should have beaten Newcastle but didn't take their chances. 

It's these type of games we can' afford to lose because they are 6 pointers. 

Bailey I can't think of anyone playing or looking worse than us at this present moment in time, but that could all change next week. 

Right, the Arsenal game has gone and we need the team to have a reaction against Palace.

Pickford

Coleman       Holgate   Jags    Garbutt

Davies       Gana

Walcott             Siggy          Vlasic

Cenk   

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Bailey I can't think of anyone playing or looking worse than us at this present moment in time, but that could all change next week. 

Thats true although Leicester were terrible in the week!

Huddersfield are looking pretty crap of late, Soton were but picked up 3 points yesterday and even Brighton who looked like they couldn't score knocked 3 past West Ham! 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

We're going to get spanked again

I hope this works.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A team fighting to stay up vs a side plodding along to stay up? Arguably this will be a tougher game than if we were playing a side above us. 

But I worry about this.

Especially given the story mentioned by nutmegwolf on the Allardyce thread, about a possible “troubled locker room.”  Although I concede this is rumour, it rings true, or close enough to be part of what seems a foul mood surrounding Everton right now.  The only thing that will slow our dispiritingly bad momentum is 3 points on Saturday.  Maybe we could take some relief from a good performance and, say, a 2-2 draw.  But another dismal performance and we’re on the verge of panic.  We’d have no confidence going to Watford and Burnley.

We have to stop, at minimum slow, the momentum slide on Saturday.

And we need an attacking lineup, no Gana- Schneiderlin.  Five attackers, and I’d prefer 6.

I dont think there is any chance of relegation now, im not saying we are to good to go down but 2 more wins should see us safe i think 35 or 36 points will stay up.

But one things for certain there is something rotten at the heart of the club and im not sure if there is anyone their capable of sorting it out.

On 2/4/2018 at 15:53, London Blue said:

Right, the Arsenal game has gone and we need the team to have a reaction against Palace.

Pickford

Coleman       Holgate   Jags    Garbutt

Davies       Gana

Walcott             Siggy          Vlasic

Cenk   

Like that alot. I'd rather see DCL than Vlasic but would be thrilled if Sam picks a team close to your selection. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Like that alot. I'd rather see DCL than Vlasic but would be thrilled if Sam picks a team close to your selection. 

26 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Also agree.  Let's hope.

Its greed I'll tell Allardyce 

20 minutes ago, jofanon said:

Zaha vs Martina would be almost comical

Almost

It would be a footballing  miss match of biblical proportions.

Rooney sitting deeper with Sigurdsson drifting centrally further up when in possession, I'd rather have Lookman on the left and Vlasic would be better centrally imo 

We will likely see some patch work shite formation to shoehorn players in a system totally alien to every fucker on the planet but we'll see.... 

He'll definitely stick Mangala on to man mark Benteke  

-------------------------Pickford 

Coleman---Keane---------Jags---Garbutt 

---------------------------Gana

------------Rooney---------------Sigurdsson 

Walcott------------------------------------------Vlasic

---------------------------Tosun

The main thing I want to see is Tosun start and have a good game, maybe nick a goal.

------------------Pickford

Coleman Jags Mangala Martina

---------------------Gana 

Walcott Rooney Davies Sigurdsson

-------------------Tosun 

I would like to see Jags and Mangala together as I believe they could form a good partnership. As long as Keane doesn't start I'm content.

Rooney to drop deep, to spread the ball and look for Walcott to get in behind. Sigurdsson to drift out and get crosses in to Tosun who looks like he could be a good player in the air.

Although I don't usually like the look of Martina and Siggy on the left together, seeing as Zaha is out I want us to see us with a little attacking incentive. 

Davies recently looks to work hard for the team and take responsibility. 

Tosun works hard, as does Walcott, Rooney and Davies so hopefully we can get a press on them and try to gain a little confidence.

No doubt we will sit back and scrape a 1-1 draw and look extremely unconvincing, though.

_____________Pickford 

Coleman Holgate Williams Garbutt   

Walcott Baningime Davies Sigurdssen 

_________Rooney Tosun 

Shifting to accommodate both fullbacks into attack if we are fairly okay in possession.

______________Pickford 

______Holgate Williams Baningime 

Coleman______Davies_________Garbutt 

_____________Sigurdssen 

____Walcott___Rooney____Tosun 

Or if only one full back goes up Baningime staying in the middle and Davies pushing to cover the left side as Sigurdssen pushes up the pitch. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

_____________Pickford 

Coleman Holgate Williams Garbutt   

Walcott Baningime Davies Sigurdssen 

_________Rooney Tosun 

Shifting to accommodate both fullbacks into attack if we are fairly okay in possession.

______________Pickford 

______Holgate Williams Baningime 

Coleman______Davies_________Garbutt 

_____________Sigurdssen 

____Walcott___Rooney____Tosun 

Or if only one full back goes up Baningime staying in the middle and Davies pushing to cover the left side as Sigurdssen pushes up the pitch. 

Baningime in a back three? Do we want to destroy all of our youth?

Pickford 

Coleman   Holgate   Williams   Garbutt   

Gana   Davies 

Sigurdssen/Rooney

Walcott           Tosun           Vlasic

This is the formation and players I'd like to see. I would be worried about inexperience on the left... but we really don't have better options at the moment. Our left side is by far our weakest side, and Gylfi shouldn't be playing out wide.

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

Pickford 

Coleman   Holgate   Williams   Garbutt   

Gana   Davies 

Sigurdssen/Rooney

Walcott           Tosun           Vlasic

This is the formation and players I'd like to see. I would be worried about inexperience on the left... but we really don't have better options at the moment. Our left side is by far our weakest side, and Gylfi shouldn't be playing out wide.

Switch Walcott and Vlasic, and I think we'd be ok