IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 10th

markjazzbassist

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Switch Walcott and Vlasic, and I think we'd be ok

I thought about that, but Coleman and Walcott had some really good link-up play against Leicester, so I'd hate to break that up. I guess we haven't seen him with Vlasic though -- could be just as good.

Just now, tonkaroost said:

I thought about that, but Coleman and Walcott had some really good link-up play against Leicester, so I'd hate to break that up. I guess we haven't seen him with Vlasic though -- could be just as good.

I missed that game, but even so, they could switch wings again if needed I guess 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

I really am surprised that Vlasic hasn't had an extended run. After seeing Rooney, and Sigurdsson pushed out to the wing, Rooney and Sigurdsson should be in the middle.

Should play Rooney or Siggy,  as both tend to drift into the middle trying to occupy the same space and leaves a gap om the wing and overcrowded in the middle.

9 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Baningime in a back three? Do we want to destroy all of our youth?

Covering when the team attack, if both full backs go forward you need someone to drop. Williams is too slow to play left so would need the midfielder closest to defence to cover that side. 

On 2/4/2018 at 15:53, London Blue said:

Right, the Arsenal game has gone and we need the team to have a reaction against Palace.

Pickford

Coleman       Holgate   Jags    Garbutt

Davies       Gana

Walcott             Siggy          Vlasic

Cenk   

We can wish, but it won't happen. Crooked Sam may swap the starting 11 every game, but he always sticks with Martina. He'll play Mangala because he brought him in so he's his man. For some odd reason, he also has a penchant for playing Schneiderlin. Clearly, he either doesn't like Cenk or believes he needs time to adjust, so he'll play Niasse again (who really should be a sub). He praised Davies, which probably means he'll drop the lad! Still, if I had to guess, I would suggest the following (which I really don't want to see).

Pickford

Coleman     Mangala     Williams     Martina

Davies    Gana   Schneiderlin

Walcott    Rooney         

Niasse

16 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

Pickford 

Coleman   Holgate   Williams   Garbutt   

Gana   Davies 

Sigurdssen/Rooney

Walcott           Tosun           Vlasic

This is the formation and players I'd like to see. I would be worried about inexperience on the left... but we really don't have better options at the moment. Our left side is by far our weakest side, and Gylfi shouldn't be playing out wide.

This is what we should be playing - but holgates been out of the team for awhile, Garbutt hasn’t played at all and Vlasic has had no minutes as well. I would like to see it but it needs to be this line up for the next few games.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

This is what we should be playing - but holgates been out of the team for awhile, Garbutt hasn’t played at all and Vlasic has had no minutes as well. I would like to see it but it needs to be this line up for the next few games.

I totally agree. It's risky to throw Garbutt in when he hasn't played at all, and Holgate's been unlucky not to get a consistent run lately. I have no fears over Vlasic though. Anytime he has come in he has performed well.

I think this lineup shows just how weak our left side is -- that, and the fact that Gylfi is being pushed out wide there.

6 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

I totally agree. It's risky to throw Garbutt in when he hasn't played at all, and Holgate's been unlucky not to get a consistent run lately. I have no fears over Vlasic though. Anytime he has come in he has performed well.

I think this lineup shows just how weak our left side is -- that, and the fact that Gylfi is being pushed out wide there.

I don’t quite understand how Vlasic hasn’t gotten minutes.

incredible we have no proper left winger or left back.

11 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

This doing the rounds on Twitter, several pages posting it. Don't know how true it is.

Fuck off playing Sigurdsson on the left! Stop starting Niasse (or if you do play him in a 2). I wouldn't dare be starting Keane and Mangala together - Mangala is a fucking disaster waiting to happen, and that will just make an already fragile Keane worse. One or the other with Jags or Williams.

I feel very worried at how exposed we're going to be.

If the leaked celebrity nudes, oh sorry, leaked fat sam lineup is correct;

- Keane & Mangala, dangerous duo. Dangerous for Everton itself btw.

- Surprisingly best midfield preference.

- Walcott & Siggy is what you can have at the moment as far as I see... Siggy is performing his best as AMC or MC but unlucky for him, there is no proper AML yet. Maybe next season.

- Regardless what day, what time, what year, which species dominating the earth I will not understand why Niasse is on starting lineup.

Looks like he is learning by trying out some sort of new tactics, new lineups. Good for him but somebody should remind that fat idiot, end of the league is not that far away.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Oh, and just so you all know, Palace haven't won without Zaha since 2016 (can't remember the month of the top of my head). So you all know what's happening later today :lol: 

They have almost no threat without Zaha, Puncheon or Loftus Cheek. Sako is also out.

Towsend is hit and miss, Benteke isnt going to win a game on his own, Cabaye has some quality but there really isnt much of a threat from them.

They have a couple of new players in the squad but they dont immediately jump out at me as players who will cause particular problems.

We simply have to win this game!

They've got nothing going forward that we should be scared of, but fatty will approach this game with a negative set up and packing the defence which will let them off the hook and allow them to dominate the middle and give there defence an easy afternoon.

Surely even he should see we need to take the game to them, and have a really good go, if we can't be positive against teams like this then frankly we don't deserve to be in this league, I for one am sick of the bullshit Allardyce is serving us up, every team in this league would look shit with his tactics of never less than 9 men behind the ball.

On 06/02/2018 at 09:07, seve said:

I dont think there is any chance of relegation now, im not saying we are to good to go down but 2 more wins should see us safe i think 35 or 36 points will stay up.

But one things for certain there is something rotten at the heart of the club and im not sure if there is anyone their capable of sorting it out.

There most certainly is something rotten.

I sense a power battle in the boardroom. I sense an indifference between the players, I sense a massive problem in the management team. 

39 minutes ago, hafnia said:

There most certainly is something rotten.

I sense a power battle in the boardroom. I sense an indifference between the players, I sense a massive problem in the management team. 

I don't think its a boardroom thing, I think its the coaching staff who are rebelling against Allardyce, and leaking this as a sign of their anger.

I assume the leaked team sheet is accurate.  Unless Kenny is injured, I’d much prefer him at LB.  I like Niasse, but prefer Tosun, and frankly would prefer 2 strikers, Tosun and DCL to start.  We need attackers, goals.  Remove Gana, play Davies as main DCM.  Mangala, no idea.  Attack, attack, attack.

Pickford

Coleman    Keane   Mangala    Kenny

Davies    Rooney (DLP)

Walcott        Sigurdsson

Tosun             DCL

I think we have a decent chance at 3 points today, but I’m more fearful than hopeful, even against a weakened opponent.  A dull performance today, even an undeserved point, and we’ve little chance at points the next 2 matches.  Although not mathematically must-win, psychologically it is.