12 hours ago, Btay said:

Strong win % through out his career. Hadnt heard a whole lot about him before this season to be honest.

Neither have I, and although his stats look good, I'm nervous about giving another "up and coming" manager a go. Not a reflection on Fonseca at all, just been burnt too many times in quick succession.

11 hours ago, Matt said:

Neither have I, and although his stats look good, I'm nervous about giving another "up and coming" manager a go. Not a reflection on Fonseca at all, just been burnt too many times in quick succession.

Tbh I am more concerned about hiring a manager that has been around the block. 

Moyes and Martinez were both relatively inexperienced when they joined where as Koeman and Allardyce had been around for a while. 

I much prefer someone with something to prove and new ideas rather than managers who have shown themselves to have limitations. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd laugh if I didn't think he might actually go there :wacko:

yeah i've lost faith in moshiri as well, been pretty vocal about it on here.  business decisions have been fine but the footballing decisions have been atrocious.

Watching the Roma - Shakhtar game. 

The Shakhtar squad is playing some really attractive football and working as a unit.  Unsure if it is the coach or the players but either way, I am jealous.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Watching the Roma - Shakhtar game. 

The Shakhtar squad is playing some really attractive football and working as a unit.  Unsure if it is the coach or the players but either way, I am jealous.

Well.... a CB got roasted and picked up a straight red followed by a silly yellow by another player pushing a ball boy over the boards.  No longer as jealous as I am familiar with such meltdowns. (ala Williams)

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I hadn’t heard that, quiet the endorsement!

Not sure the volume matters mate, but would explain why you hadn’t heard it :P 

I lived in Ukraine for almost 2 years, in Luhansk - Shakhtar zone just before Russia's invasion...

Back in that time, I used to go Shakhtar's CL game and some league games when my schedule was available. So the league is most of the time between Dinamo and Shakhtar but I like Shakhtar more. When I was there, their manager was Mircea Lucescu.

Who is Mircea Lucescu? For Turkish football fans, he is known for his UEFA Super Cup and League Title with Galatasaray and League Title with Besiktas. Then he moved to Shakhtar. Shakhtar president was and still is a shady businessman Rinat Akhmedov, pretty rich man. He used to own half of the city's properties, not sure if it is still like this after Russia's invasion. Anyway...

What Shakthar has now has been created back in those days, under the partnership of Akhmedov and Lucescu. It worked really well, they were buying cheap players from Brasil, Africa, and polishing them, putting in the market in CL, selling with high profit.

What I am trying to say is what Shakhtar has now is a heritage of Lucescu. Fonseca is a successor but it doesn't change the fact that he is a very capable manager can do good at Everton. It is pretty sure he can give more than Fat's giving at least. If Everton is not going to convince more capable manager in the summer then he is a good one to capture. He is charismatic, young, has an attacking-minded tactical approach and understanding of modern football. Definitely worth to try. 

I want Fonseca but failing that...I'd hope others like Favre, Emery (seems inevitable that PSG part ways), Ancelotti, and probably a couple of young Bundesliga coaches are in the mix along with/ahead of Silva.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

I doubt any top manager will entertain us at the minute.

Most top jobs are comfortably taken.  To a good manager he should be able to look at our team... transfer funds.... ability to pay good wages and get some quick wins

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Most top jobs are comfortably taken.  To a good manager he should be able to look at our team... transfer funds.... ability to pay good wages and get some quick wins

Any good manager would. A manager without confidence and ability won’t.

Any manager that doesn’t want to come here due to position... we dont want because they simply aren’t good enough for us. We want managers who are up to a challenge... as we do the players!

If true, I'd hope Moshiri has moved straight on. 

Plenty out there that are either available or gettable, Unai Emery would be up around the top of mine.  Sticking with Sam, given the quality around, would be absurd.

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t see anyone with a promising future would got to West Ham 

Be better off there than with us as long as Allardyce is around.

15 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Be better off there than with us as long as Allardyce is around.

Not sure how that one would work....

9 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Not sure how that one would work....

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah....theres a puzzle in there I think!!!

Whoops. Thought I was in the Kluivert thread.

West Ham fans are hoping Fonseca will become their new manager. I will be shocked if that really happens, but they are in talks with him apparently.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

West Ham fans are hoping Fonseca will become their new manager. I will be shocked if that really happens, but they are in talks with him apparently.

The Echo disagrees, for what that's worth (not much).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-linked-paulo-fonseca-turns-14665720.amp