IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday March 10th

markjazzbassist

A lot of people on here don’t like Chris hughton, not sure why.  He did well with a tiny Norwich club and now has done the same with Brighton.  To be honest I haven’t followed them At all or watched them other than our match.  I don’t know how they like to lineup or what style them play.

i think we will win just because it’s home and we’re due one.

Pickford

coleman holgate Jags Baines

Gana

Davies    Gylfi

walcott              Tosun      Vlasic

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Whichever centre halfs we play in our defence, you can guarantee that Dunk and Duffy will be better than ours. We must have the worst central defenders in the league.

Yep. Yet all the pundits bang on about is the fact we didn't replace Lukaku blah blah blah. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Despite being poor last game, I hope Davies starts. 

He'd deserve to really, because in the previous 2 or 3 games he'd been excellent.

If his problem had been a lack of effort then I could understand him being dropped after 1 game, but he just wasn't on it against Burnley, and an off day can be forgiven and easily rectified in the next game.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'd deserve to really, because in the previous 2 or 3 games he'd been excellent.

If his problem had been a lack of effort then I could understand him being dropped after 1 game, but he just wasn't on it against Burnley, and an off day can be forgiven and easily rectified in the next game.

Exactly, all part of the learning curve. Dropping him would be detrimental.

On 05/03/2018 at 18:52, nogs said:

Yep. Yet all the pundits bang on about is the fact we didn't replace Lukaku blah blah blah. 

Half the pundits and journos are kissing allardyces arse..... bunch of sycophants.

It's all because he's happy to indulge them with interviews. 

A 6-pointer in terms of finishing top half of the table.

That’s the optimistic view.  The realistic view - given the utterly foul mood enveloping almost every aspect of the club at this moment - is that this match represents our best chance in our next 5 matches to take 3 points.  Fail to take all 3 points against Brighton at Goodison, the players and managers will be booed walking off the pitch, the mood darkens even further, bad momentum isn’t arrested, and we could still be sitting on 34-35 points heading into our final 4 matches.

Genuinely feel so disenfranchised with the club at the moment that for the first time in my life I couldn't give a shit what happens on Saturday. Really don't care if we lose. 

Thats not right, Everton FC. 

Sort it out, get rid of that toxic unambitious clown and all his cronies.

Hippo headed, chippy tits has pissed me off that much I've sold my ticket for Saturday, just cba going to watch us play absolute shite against a team we realistically should be beating 3 or 4 -0.

To whomever bought the ticket from stub hub I thank them for letting me miss this shit show on Saturday. They got a good deal too, well below face value for them!

I would like to see.

Pickford

Coleman     Holgate   Jags  Baines

Gana

Walcott              Rooney       Siggy

DCL      Tosun

It's Brighton at home so know doubt the old crook will still be cautious and start 2 holding mids.

2 hours ago, milesey05 said:

I would like to see.

Pickford

Coleman     Holgate   Jags  Baines

Gana

Walcott              Rooney       Siggy

DCL      Tosun

It's Brighton at home so know doubt the old crook will still be cautious and start 2 holding mids.

If you’re going to put  Gylfi on the left you would be better off not playing him, he has shown so many times he can’t play in that position very inafective and doesn’t help LB, you would be better off putting Vlasic there and sticking Gylfi in the middle he was one or if not our best player last week in that position, or put him on the bench.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you’re going to put  Gylfi on the left you would be better off not playing him, he has shown so many times he can’t play in that position very inafective and doesn’t help LB, you would be better off putting Vlasic there and sticking Gylfi in the middle he was one or if not our best player last week in that position, or put him on the bench.

Thought most of siggys goals and assists have come whilst he has drifted in from the left. He's not completely ineffective there but we need a better defensive LB as he's shite at covering him.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Thought most of siggys goals and assists have come whilst he has drifted in from the left. He's not completely ineffective there but we need a better defensive LB as he's shite at covering him.

They probably have Aidan the point I was trying to make is when he played central last week he ran the show in the first half and kept us on the front foot the most dangerous we've looked for months, stick him out on left and he becomes too quite you don't get the best out of him.

Yes you might get the odd goal now and then but I believe play him down the middle and you a lot more which benefits the team, some of the interplay between him and Tosun was the best I've witnessed this season, so I believe we need to start with them 2 in the same positions as last week.

I hope to see Coleman and Baines along with 2 of Jagielka, Holgate, and Funes Mori.  Want to see Rooney deep lying with Gana, but strongly prefer Rooney getting forward as passer-attacker, Gana mostly staying back.  Keep Davies on bench, to replace Rooney in second half if (likely) necessary.  Walcott on right, Sigurdsson middle, probably Niasse on left, with Tosun up top.  Want all 4 attackers in the box over and over.

But ...... whoever starts and whatever formation, we need fierce energy from the opening whistle.  Fierce.  Energy.  This match is clearly our best chance in our next 5 matches to take 3 points.  Blow this best chance at 3 points - a draw is a bad result today - and we will be in a nosedive toward a relegation battle in our final matches.  And the utterly abysmal atmosphere surrounding this club at this moment will thicken.  It’s already poisonous.  We’re in a momentum slide, and it will either be stopped or propelled downward in this match.

If these players don’t play with mad energy from the beginning, the foulness affecting this club will envelop Goodison.  Today can either lift our spirits or get very ugly.