IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday March 10th

markjazzbassist

8 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I hope to see Coleman and Baines along with 2 of Jagielka, Holgate, and Funes Mori.  Want to see Rooney deep lying with Gana, but strongly prefer Rooney getting forward as passer-attacker, Gana mostly staying back.  Keep Davies on bench, to replace Rooney in second half if (likely) necessary.  Walcott on right, Sigurdsson middle, probably Niasse on left, with Tosun up top.  Want all 4 attackers in the box over and over.

But ...... whoever starts and whatever formation, we need fierce energy from the opening whistle.  Fierce.  Energy.  This match is clearly our best chance in our next 5 matches to take 3 points.  Blow this best chance at 3 points - a draw is a bad result today - and we will be in a nosedive toward a relegation battle in our final matches.  And the utterly abysmal atmosphere surrounding this club at this moment will thicken.  It’s already poisonous.  We’re in a momentum slide, and it will either be stopped or propelled downward in this match.

If these players don’t play with mad energy from the beginning, the foulness affecting this club will envelop Goodison.  Today can either lift our spirits or get very ugly.

I like this a lot my only concern is that Gana doesn't stay which would be vital in this set up due to constant drifting then getting caught out of position, you could go with Schneiderlin he wouldn't desert his position but you've got the issue of is his head in the right place.

So start with Gana but take him off if his headless chicken side starts to take over, which unfortunately it will it always does.

21 hours ago, milesey05 said:

I would like to see.

Pickford

Coleman     Holgate   Jags  Baines

Gana

Walcott              Rooney       Siggy

DCL      Tosun

It's Brighton at home so know doubt the old crook will still be cautious and start 2 holding mids.

That's how they should have lined up last week but the twat wasted DCL on the left

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

They probably have Aidan the point I was trying to make is when he played central last week he ran the show in the first half and kept us on the front foot the most dangerous we've looked for months, stick him out on left and he becomes too quite you don't get the best out of him.

Yes you might get the odd goal now and then but I believe play him down the middle and you a lot more which benefits the team, some of the interplay between him and Tosun was the best I've witnessed this season, so I believe we need to start with them 2 in the same positions as last week.

Hopefully he bosses it today then mate.

It's good to see him in between two out and out wingers

Not quite sure how Baines will perform after his recovery after a long-term injury but still excited to see Coleman and Baines as Wing Backs as they can support attacks better and faster than the other options in the squad. It can help Walcott and Cenk and reduce their workload on the pitch and they can focus on what is expected of them. We'll see about Bolasie as well. If he can accommodate with the rest of the team, I expect an easy win.

P.S. In the framework of this post, "unexpected" Keane or Jagielka mistakes are not calculated.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Davies is though!

Davies closes very well. Like most people next to Gana he can look awful at times as they get caught in two minds whether to go for their man or go and cover for Gana. Likewise Gana doesn't cover for them so when they get caught out it is always noticeable. 

Would have preferred Baningime to Rooney though. Rooney isn'tt quite mobile or experienced/disciplined enough (like Barry) in the middle to have the responsibility. 

Just now, plaidharper said:

So why was Gana dropped from the lineup?

Very aggressive move, in my opinion. Davies probably isn'tt a natural 6 - he likes to roam and get forward. Neither is Gana though.

Schneiderlin is our only natural 6 since we sold Barry and he's been an asshole all year.