Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I hope we play the same way we did against Brighton.  Same lineup as Brighton match for me :)

I agree where fitness allows same line up then if we find ourselves in a comfortable position with 15-20 minutes to go give Klaassen a longer run out, there's definitely a good player in him and it would be nice to see if a team in control can bring it out.

Stick with the same team as it won last time out, although I think Davies does need a rest, so possibly replace him with Klaassen, he can't do much worse.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-admits-everton-might-14397140

“We could play on the break and use Yannick Bolasie and Theo Walcott as breakout areas while conceding the majority of possession.

“I’ve just seen Manchester United beat Liverpool doing that – and on their own patch – so maybe that be a way forward for us?”

These are second from bottom, you enormous shit bag!

No doubt we will revert back to gana/Morgan midfield. I would like to see the same team but obviously gilfi will be out. Stoke are poor so I’m hoping we go for a win and sam is just playing mind games. 0-2 Cenk double 

I would like to keep the same shape as the Brighton game and see how it goes. I would replace Sigurdsson with Vlasic given his injury, as I think they have similar profiles. Given that he seems to be completely out of contention, I imagine it will be Klaasen. It would be a shame to see Schneiderlin back in. You couldnt argue with Gana/Rooney/Davies again though.

I presume Walcott is fine after his 'cramp' so the rest should stay the same.

We will 1000000% get turned over here- bet a months wages on it- they will out muscle us and want it so much more. Never been so sure of something in my life.

How shit is it that I think like that- fuck off Everton 🖕🖕🖕

15 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We will 1000000% get turned over here- bet a months wages on it- they will out muscle us and want it so much more. Never been so sure of something in my life.

How shit is it that I think like that- fuck off Everton 🖕🖕🖕

:rofl:

its one of those matches that is such a no brainer that we should win, that you just know we will get spanked.  the everton way.

21 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm starting to think he just sees another game and copies that teams game plan regardless of whether he thinks it will work or not.

You know I used to play Championship Manager while I was younger in 90's, one of the very early games of Championship Manager series. I think I was 10, 11 years old. Back in that time, my mind was working like "Sign any player who scores against you, so they can score for you as well." It didn't work out of course and I was looking at the screen with around 10 strikers in my squad, ha!

Those statements of Fat's and your comment on it reminded me that. Good old days.

5 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

You know I used to play Championship Manager while I was younger in 90's, one of the very early games of Championship Manager series. I think I was 10, 11 years old. Back in that time, my mind was working like "Sign any player who scores against you, so they can score for you as well." It didn't work out of course and I was looking at the screen with around 10 strikers in my squad, ha!

Those statements of Fat's and your comment on it reminded me that. Good old days.

You'd probably have a better philosophy than Sam there mate!

Sam out! McGiven in!

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

You'd probably have a better philosophy than Sam there mate!

Sam out! McGiven in!

Seeing as Sam seems to watch match of the day and set us up how the winning team played ala Swansea win over Arsenal and comments earlier this week.

18 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Good. He's been one of our better players for sure, and he links up with Coleman well.

He has indeed been one of our better players barring the Burnley game; if his control hadn't been off and he'd not got in the way of a tap-in for Davies we'd have been 2/3/4 up at half-time instead of just the one.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He has indeed been one of our better players barring the Burnley game; if his control hadn't been off and he'd not got in the way of a tap-in for Davies we'd have been 2/3/4 up at half-time instead of just the one.

Definitely. He's a smart player and technically he is very sound. He also has good end product for a winger. It's just his injury history that is worrisome.

On 3/11/2018 at 20:31, markjazzbassist said:

I hope we play the same way we did against Brighton.  Same lineup as Brighton match for me :)

Hope so as well.  Guess gana or klaassen in for Siggy?

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point.  i'm guessing gana, with davies playing more advanced.

That’ll well and truly kill it, same as last week please with Klaassen in for Gylfi why make more changes than necessary with something that worked really well, to much tinkering is like one step forward two steps back. 

I think I'd rather see Vlasic have a go behind the striker. Tell him this is his opportunity to impress in the position he wants to be in so to go and grab it with two hands. Klassen will not be a good attacking midfielder in the premier league.

Davies needs to be rested, in the last few games he has faded out, to be expected of a youngster but it costs us games when attacks break down when Tom Davies receives the ball on the edge of the box.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Davies needs to be rested, in the last few games he has faded out, to be expected of a youngster but it costs us games when attacks break down when Tom Davies receives the ball on the edge of the box.

Faded out is very kind. He's been awful throughout nearly all of the past 4 or 5 games we've played I don't understand how he had kept his spot.

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Faded out is very kind. He's been awful throughout nearly all of the past 4 or 5 games we've played I don't understand how he had kept his spot.

I don't want to bash an academy product. In my opinion he will make a great player but he would be much better off on loan getting game time in the Championship or even like Lookman in the Bundesliga.

We can't afford to have our attacks break down when they knock the ball across to Davies and he fumbles it and loses possession. It's happening far too often, he just doesn't have the composure yet to make the correct play.

The reason he gets game time is because the other options are even worse. Schneiderlin looks disinterested all season, Klaassen appears even weaker, Rooney is just as bad at giving away possession cheaply.

It's going to drive fans made but this summer I can see us buying even more centre midfielders.

Pickford.  

Coleman.   Keane.        Jags.         Baines

Davies.     Klaassen.     Rooney

Walcott.            Tosun.                Bolasie

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They're expecting their biggest crowd today. We're the easy game that they have left, let's piss on them chips and turn that away form around. 

Hopefully they crumble to the pressure rather than rise to it. we need to keep the same mentality as our last win. 

Well, understandable line-up. I mean Gana has both haters and supporters but as he was consistent in Sam's mind, that makes this line-up understandable. I could criticize this as being defensive again if it wasn't an away game and Siggy wasn't injured but I have nothing to say now. Bolasie deserved a chance this game with his performance last week. Good to see Cenk, Walcott, Coleman, and Baines together as well.

How long will Siggy be out by the way?

Probably a 4-2-3-1, with Rooney lying deep, Davies getting forward in the middle?  I suppose any of Davies, Rooney, and Gana could get forward, but I hope Gana stays back.  Let Coleman and Baines get forward, too.  Not Gana, please.

Again, only pick I disagree with there is Keane, but maybe Holgate just doesn't look good enough in training. Apart from that, that's our strongest available XI. 

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Disappointed to say the least. Brighton are a better side than Stoke and we've changed Sigurdssen for Gana. No Vlasic in sight either. Booooh! 

Sigurdsson is injured. He's gone back to the shape and midfield 3 that has played in the majority of our victories this season. Or are you one of these who believes Klaassen suddenly deserves a starting place?

7 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sigurdsson is injured. He's gone back to the shape and midfield 3 that has played in the majority of our victories this season. Or are you one of these who believes Klaassen suddenly deserves a starting place?

Gana has played in the majority of defeats. His form is woeful. Anyone should be getting a pick a head of him. 

Vlasic, Klassen, and Baningime should all have been considered before him. But given an attacking team won last game out comfortably you'd imagine you'd stick with that set up. 

I can remember first game of the season and Stoke won the midfield battle mostly down to Gana being positionally shite and Fletcher controlled the middle and found players in the space Gana left exposed. 

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Anyone have a link? Mine is down 🙁

i don't know if sharing links approved mate, forgive me if it is not allowed, if it is not allowed admins can delete it then. but you may try this: 

Just now, pete0 said:

Gana has played in the majority of defeats. His form is woeful. Anyone should be getting a pick a head of him. 

Vlasic, Klassen, and Baningime should all have been considered before him. But given an attacking team won last game out comfortably you'd imagine you'd stick with that set up. 

I can remember first game of the season and Stoke won the midfield battle mostly down to Gana being positionally shite and Fletcher controlled the middle and found players in the space Gana left exposed. 

Look, we all know your personal vendetta against Gana. Personally I think you're wrong, I think Gana does a job when he is allowed to play to his strengths, which is sitting in front of the back four and snuffing out danger. But my point is you're being disingenuous saying 'we've changed Sigurdsson for Gana' because you know full well it's not a straight swap. To keep the same shape as v Brighton we'd need someone else to come in and play in the hole with Rooney and Davies behind. The only real option would be Klaassen, which would be madness given how poor he has been. So as much as I can't stand Allardyce, he's made the right decision here.