IGNORED

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

markjazzbassist

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I hope we play the same way we did against Brighton.  Same lineup as Brighton match for me :)

I agree where fitness allows same line up then if we find ourselves in a comfortable position with 15-20 minutes to go give Klaassen a longer run out, there's definitely a good player in him and it would be nice to see if a team in control can bring it out.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-admits-everton-might-14397140

“We could play on the break and use Yannick Bolasie and Theo Walcott as breakout areas while conceding the majority of possession.

“I’ve just seen Manchester United beat Liverpool doing that – and on their own patch – so maybe that be a way forward for us?”

These are second from bottom, you enormous shit bag!

I would like to keep the same shape as the Brighton game and see how it goes. I would replace Sigurdsson with Vlasic given his injury, as I think they have similar profiles. Given that he seems to be completely out of contention, I imagine it will be Klaasen. It would be a shame to see Schneiderlin back in. You couldnt argue with Gana/Rooney/Davies again though.

I presume Walcott is fine after his 'cramp' so the rest should stay the same.

15 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We will 1000000% get turned over here- bet a months wages on it- they will out muscle us and want it so much more. Never been so sure of something in my life.

How shit is it that I think like that- fuck off Everton 🖕🖕🖕

:rofl:

its one of those matches that is such a no brainer that we should win, that you just know we will get spanked.  the everton way.

21 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm starting to think he just sees another game and copies that teams game plan regardless of whether he thinks it will work or not.

You know I used to play Championship Manager while I was younger in 90's, one of the very early games of Championship Manager series. I think I was 10, 11 years old. Back in that time, my mind was working like "Sign any player who scores against you, so they can score for you as well." It didn't work out of course and I was looking at the screen with around 10 strikers in my squad, ha!

Those statements of Fat's and your comment on it reminded me that. Good old days.

5 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

You know I used to play Championship Manager while I was younger in 90's, one of the very early games of Championship Manager series. I think I was 10, 11 years old. Back in that time, my mind was working like "Sign any player who scores against you, so they can score for you as well." It didn't work out of course and I was looking at the screen with around 10 strikers in my squad, ha!

Those statements of Fat's and your comment on it reminded me that. Good old days.

You'd probably have a better philosophy than Sam there mate!

Sam out! McGiven in!

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

You'd probably have a better philosophy than Sam there mate!

Sam out! McGiven in!

Seeing as Sam seems to watch match of the day and set us up how the winning team played ala Swansea win over Arsenal and comments earlier this week.

18 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Good. He's been one of our better players for sure, and he links up with Coleman well.

He has indeed been one of our better players barring the Burnley game; if his control hadn't been off and he'd not got in the way of a tap-in for Davies we'd have been 2/3/4 up at half-time instead of just the one.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He has indeed been one of our better players barring the Burnley game; if his control hadn't been off and he'd not got in the way of a tap-in for Davies we'd have been 2/3/4 up at half-time instead of just the one.

Definitely. He's a smart player and technically he is very sound. He also has good end product for a winger. It's just his injury history that is worrisome.

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point.  i'm guessing gana, with davies playing more advanced.

That’ll well and truly kill it, same as last week please with Klaassen in for Gylfi why make more changes than necessary with something that worked really well, to much tinkering is like one step forward two steps back. 

I think I'd rather see Vlasic have a go behind the striker. Tell him this is his opportunity to impress in the position he wants to be in so to go and grab it with two hands. Klassen will not be a good attacking midfielder in the premier league.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Davies needs to be rested, in the last few games he has faded out, to be expected of a youngster but it costs us games when attacks break down when Tom Davies receives the ball on the edge of the box.

Faded out is very kind. He's been awful throughout nearly all of the past 4 or 5 games we've played I don't understand how he had kept his spot.