IGNORED

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

markjazzbassist

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They're expecting their biggest crowd today. We're the easy game that they have left, let's piss on them chips and turn that away form around. 

Hopefully they crumble to the pressure rather than rise to it. we need to keep the same mentality as our last win. 

Well, understandable line-up. I mean Gana has both haters and supporters but as he was consistent in Sam's mind, that makes this line-up understandable. I could criticize this as being defensive again if it wasn't an away game and Siggy wasn't injured but I have nothing to say now. Bolasie deserved a chance this game with his performance last week. Good to see Cenk, Walcott, Coleman, and Baines together as well.

How long will Siggy be out by the way?

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Disappointed to say the least. Brighton are a better side than Stoke and we've changed Sigurdssen for Gana. No Vlasic in sight either. Booooh! 

Sigurdsson is injured. He's gone back to the shape and midfield 3 that has played in the majority of our victories this season. Or are you one of these who believes Klaassen suddenly deserves a starting place?

7 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sigurdsson is injured. He's gone back to the shape and midfield 3 that has played in the majority of our victories this season. Or are you one of these who believes Klaassen suddenly deserves a starting place?

Gana has played in the majority of defeats. His form is woeful. Anyone should be getting a pick a head of him. 

Vlasic, Klassen, and Baningime should all have been considered before him. But given an attacking team won last game out comfortably you'd imagine you'd stick with that set up. 

I can remember first game of the season and Stoke won the midfield battle mostly down to Gana being positionally shite and Fletcher controlled the middle and found players in the space Gana left exposed. 

Just now, pete0 said:

Gana has played in the majority of defeats. His form is woeful. Anyone should be getting a pick a head of him. 

Vlasic, Klassen, and Baningime should all have been considered before him. But given an attacking team won last game out comfortably you'd imagine you'd stick with that set up. 

I can remember first game of the season and Stoke won the midfield battle mostly down to Gana being positionally shite and Fletcher controlled the middle and found players in the space Gana left exposed. 

Look, we all know your personal vendetta against Gana. Personally I think you're wrong, I think Gana does a job when he is allowed to play to his strengths, which is sitting in front of the back four and snuffing out danger. But my point is you're being disingenuous saying 'we've changed Sigurdsson for Gana' because you know full well it's not a straight swap. To keep the same shape as v Brighton we'd need someone else to come in and play in the hole with Rooney and Davies behind. The only real option would be Klaassen, which would be madness given how poor he has been. So as much as I can't stand Allardyce, he's made the right decision here.