Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Might get called off at this rate, snow really coming down and visibility is awful. At least the officials have an excuse!

Was about to say the same.

Just now, Matt said:

I could see the card, but not the tackle. 

Bye bye, Adam. Horrible tackle, though wondering if should only be a yellow

it should be yellow IMO, I don't think it was intentional but hopefully, it'll be a wake-up call for the team. They were terrible so far. Bad passes, bad first touches...

Are they playing with a white ball?  Can't see the fucker.  Surely it should be yellow or pink, which they seem to play with half the time when it isn'tt snowing.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I could see the card, but not the tackle. 

Bye bye, Adam. Horrible tackle, though wondering if should only be a yellow

Yeh, maybe a yellow and letting Adam know that he should calm down. But as Aiden said; I'll take it.

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Are they playing with a white ball?  Can't see the fucker.  Surely it should be yellow or pink, which they seem to play with half the time when it isn'ttt snowing.

It' a yellow ball...not that you can tell!

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Did Adam get sent off? My stream was showing Shaquiri.

Yes. And it's deffo easier to see Adam than Shaquiri :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Looking at the replay, it was a bad one. He's fully off the floor when he goes in, therefore no control in the tackle.

Red all day these days.

Thats why the ref has done it, because of the jump into the tackle. At the point of contact he is on the floor but the jump beforehand looks bad.

With a man more than Stoke we should really go for three points. Take out Gana and let Klaasen get some minutes. Or DCL for that matter.

Gana and Davies are preventing us from creating decent chances in this game. At least one of them needs to come off along with Bolasi because he can't be arsed today apparently, the amount of times I've seen him going inside rather than stretching the play against 10 men is outstanding. Professional football bloody player, what an idiot.

2 shots. 0 on target - at least 1 of those was before they went down to 10 men on the half an hour mark. 

15 minutes of play against 10 men against stoke and we can't manage a shot let alone a shot on target.

Another reason for Sam to kindly fuck off.

Back to creating 0 chances, even with 15mins of an extra man.

Don't need all of Rooney, Davies and Gana on. One has to go...between Davies and Gana I would say. Not arsed which. Just bring on another more attack minded player.

We don't seem keen to play the ball down our left where Bolasie is, so change that a bit...might have been because that side is heaviest with snow so we are preferrng the right side.

Its been really poor so far. I don't really get the impression that we want to win this.

The back 5 have done what they have had to do but I cant say that anyone ahead of them has done particularly well. Rooney has started driving us forward since they went to 10 men but he was largely uninvolved before that.

They are going to sit back so we need our wide players to have that blue chalk on their boots and then we need runners from midfield popping up and moving their defenders around. You can leave Rooney deep, sit Davies alongside him and take Gana off for Klaasen because if anyone is going to lurk around and find some space in the box it is probably him. I would argue against taking Davies off either, with Niasse not being a bad shout in the conditions.

Poor half-time for Everton.

Stoke: 5 shots (2 on target)

Everton: 2 shots (0 on target)

Stoke: 10 headers won

Everton: 2 headers won

Everton only trying to play from the right wing and it gives Stoke the option to cover that wing easily. On the other hand, they are playing mostly on the left wing but at least they were producing more than Everton. (based on heat map)

Pass successes are equal (%77) for both teams however we've seen a lot of easy, inaccurate passes on Everton side.

Expecting 2 upfront by calling Davies out and getting Niasse in or keeping the same formation and subbing Cenk and Davies, getting Niasse and Klaasen in. DCL for Bolasie is also likely.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Tried my hardest to bite my tongue, but fuck me get Gana off and Klaassen on this is shit.

It's March - you don't need to bite your tongue anymore this season!

Gana has been anonymous this half and then I just watched him jog back on that Stoke attack. 

Walcott good little dribble but yet again he makes a poor decision / pass and it comes to nothing.