Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

Some really hard to please people on here. There have been calls for Davies to be subbed since about the 15th minute, most people want us to go more attacking - so Davies goes off for DCL and still there are moans!! 

Martin Atkinson stops play when zouma is down but didn't bother when Davies went down in the first half. Embarrassing, one of the many awful refs in the league.

Come on Sam, Where's the defensive substitution? You've got 10 minutes to avoid being the first Everton manager since Mike Walker to lose 6 away games on the bounce. Shut up shop! 

Allardyce looks like the cat that got the cream, he's gonna milk this for all its worth, but we all know it was shite I pray Moshiri sees it the same way.

Should never have been in doubt after the Adam sending off, but it's us. Great result nonetheless, overshadowed by the increased likelihood we'll be crossing our fingers to scrape to 40 points next March under this tool. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We won, and i honestly don’t give a shit

Whereas I'm over the moon. Great win, keeps us in with a chance of Europe. Really happy for Tosun too, these goals will do his confidence going into next season the world of good. He'll know now that he's more than good enough for the Premier League. 

A good away win to take home even though Everton was pretty bad. Good game for Cenk on the second half (still think that foul which turned into a conceded goal was pretty stupid) and great double salvo. Rooney was good in general.

Not pretty. But we won. Away. We won...away!!!

We need to build on this. 3 points off 7th and only 8 points off 6th (ok...too far!).

Pretty unimpressed with Gana and Bolasie today but the rest did their usual.

It feels like an accidental win as we never really looked like we were meant to win! Even in the subs department, we held back. Should have been so much better.

Absolutely made up for Cenk. Even in the 93rd minute he was chasing like he'd only just come on.

16 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Whereas I'm over the moon. Great win, keeps us in with a chance of Europe. Really happy for Tosun too, these goals will do his confidence going into next season the world of good. He'll know now that he's more than good enough for the Premier League. 

I wish I could be, but we got lucky. At Stoke. 60 minutes against 10 men. 

Gotta give the Ps some credit today... Gana was awful. Had a few good moments, like winning he ball and setting Bolasie on his way, but some of it was lazy. Terrible today.

The away form has been so terrible this season that I'm very happy with that. Cenk is quickly becoming one of my favorites; he was chasing in the 90th as if it were the 1st. Gana looked a bit rusty and Pickford should have been more aggressive on the goal. But other than that, well done!

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Missed the match, it was my daughters first birthday party.  So pleased to read the score and watch highlights.  Cenk the hero!

Happy birthday for your daughters:) gifts from CENK...

A couple thoughts:

Gana didn't look great at the beginning of the second half, but neither did anyone else. In the first half, he was getting forward more than anyone else and playing a few tricky through balls to Walcott on the wing. I saw the two bad giveaways in the second half, and he did look a bit off it for about 20 minutes, but I think he was one of the better performers today and the only midfielder who offered anything going forward.

As evidence of that, fucking Michael Keane had the second longest completed dribble for us (after Gana), and took the most cracking shot on goal outside of the two that went in.

Lastly, my girlfriend dragged me out of bed on a few hours sleep to watch the game at Mr. Dennehy's in the Village for its last Everton match ever, and I'm glad she did. Fourteen years as THE Everton bar in NYC, and as such, probably the best place to catch an Everton match in the states. I'll miss you Mr. Dennehy's. Not the best send off ever, but I'll take it.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Missed the match, it was my daughters first birthday party.  So pleased to read the score and watch highlights.  Cenk the hero!

Mark make the most of it mate in no time at all your be at her 18th wondering were the time went there's a few on here who can vouch for that.

6 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

A couple thoughts:

Gana didn't look great at the beginning of the second half, but neither did anyone else. In the first half, he was getting forward more than anyone else and playing a few tricky through balls to Walcott on the wing. I saw the two bad giveaways in the second half, and he did look a bit off it for about 20 minutes, but I think he was one of the better performers today and the only midfielder who offered anything going forward.

As evidence of that, fucking Michael Keane had the second longest completed dribble for us (after Gana), and took the most cracking shot on goal outside of the two that went in.

Lastly, my girlfriend dragged me out of bed on a few hours sleep to watch the game at Mr. Dennehy's in the Village for its last Everton match ever, and I'm glad she did. Fourteen years as THE Everton bar in NYC, and as such, probably the best place to catch an Everton match in the states. I'll miss you Mr. Dennehy's. Not the best send off ever, but I'll take it.

Sad day mate gutted for you guys.