IGNORED

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

markjazzbassist

Gana and Davies are preventing us from creating decent chances in this game. At least one of them needs to come off along with Bolasi because he can't be arsed today apparently, the amount of times I've seen him going inside rather than stretching the play against 10 men is outstanding. Professional football bloody player, what an idiot.

2 shots. 0 on target - at least 1 of those was before they went down to 10 men on the half an hour mark. 

15 minutes of play against 10 men against stoke and we can't manage a shot let alone a shot on target.

Another reason for Sam to kindly fuck off.

Back to creating 0 chances, even with 15mins of an extra man.

Don't need all of Rooney, Davies and Gana on. One has to go...between Davies and Gana I would say. Not arsed which. Just bring on another more attack minded player.

We don't seem keen to play the ball down our left where Bolasie is, so change that a bit...might have been because that side is heaviest with snow so we are preferrng the right side.

Its been really poor so far. I don't really get the impression that we want to win this.

The back 5 have done what they have had to do but I cant say that anyone ahead of them has done particularly well. Rooney has started driving us forward since they went to 10 men but he was largely uninvolved before that.

They are going to sit back so we need our wide players to have that blue chalk on their boots and then we need runners from midfield popping up and moving their defenders around. You can leave Rooney deep, sit Davies alongside him and take Gana off for Klaasen because if anyone is going to lurk around and find some space in the box it is probably him. I would argue against taking Davies off either, with Niasse not being a bad shout in the conditions.

Poor half-time for Everton.

Stoke: 5 shots (2 on target)

Everton: 2 shots (0 on target)

Stoke: 10 headers won

Everton: 2 headers won

Everton only trying to play from the right wing and it gives Stoke the option to cover that wing easily. On the other hand, they are playing mostly on the left wing but at least they were producing more than Everton. (based on heat map)

Pass successes are equal (%77) for both teams however we've seen a lot of easy, inaccurate passes on Everton side.

Expecting 2 upfront by calling Davies out and getting Niasse in or keeping the same formation and subbing Cenk and Davies, getting Niasse and Klaasen in. DCL for Bolasie is also likely.