IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

great news.  not to mention in 2 days we've had a board re-structure, DOF and manager fired and new DOF brought in.  old everton that would take 2 weeks!

Some might say its 6 months too late ;)

Joking aside though it shows they have a clear plan. No fucking around, we mean business this summer.

Manager in the next 2 weeks I reckon.

Well this is all going swimmingly!! I still stand by my belief Moshiri has to shoulder part of the blame for bringing Koeman and Walsh, then Allardyce, to the club in the first place. But you have to respect the decisive way he's going about sorting it. 

On the face of it, Brands is a far, far superior appointment to Walsh, who I think was promoted beyond his ability. Brands has the track record moulding whole clubs from the football side, not just making signings, which Walsh completely fucked up on during his time here anyway. I'm also excited by his apparent commitment to youth development - exactly what we should be prioritising, and why our last two managers were completely the wrong fit for us. 

Be very interesting to see who they bring in as head coach/manager now. If Brands is going to get full remit as DoF, it has to be someone operating more as a head coach than traditional manager - a real DoF is the boss. Would someone like Silva be happy in that role? 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Well this is all going swimmingly!! I still stand by my belief Moshiri has to shoulder part of the blame for bringing Koeman and Walsh, then Allardyce, to the club in the first place. But you have to respect the decisive way he's going about sorting it. 

On the face of it, Brands is a far, far superior appointment to Walsh, who I think was promoted beyond his ability. Brands has the track record moulding whole clubs from the football side, not just making signings, which Walsh completely fucked up on during his time here anyway. I'm also excited by his apparent commitment to youth development - exactly what we should be prioritising, and why our last two managers were completely the wrong fit for us. 

Be very interesting to see who they bring in as head coach/manager now. If Brands is going to get full remit as DoF, it has to be someone operating more as a head coach than traditional manager - a real DoF is the boss. Would someone like Silva be happy in that role? 

He chose to manage Watford, which cycles through managers near annually and doesn't give them personnel decision making ability.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

I would expect Silva would be fine with it as I would have expected him to work in that type of structure when he was in Portugal / Greece.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would expect Silva would be fine with it as I would have expected him to work in that type of structure when he was in Portugal / Greece.

I just wonder if his short tenures at Lisbon and Olympiakos had anything to do with power struggles. 

24 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sure he will have a say in players. Let’s get lookman and Henry in/back and sort out our attack. I would deffo play just one holding mid and gilfi alongside a playmaker 

Hell yes, the hope of playing fast attacking football, its so alluring. 

Not the dross under "it" we had to suffer this season.

Rangnick would have been the ultimate get, he seems to have it all (playing style, coach and player type) down to a science for long term success, but he was a dream too far. 

Brands is a very good appointment, large improvement on Walsh (Imo).  Not sure what he's like with coaching appointments but we should see some very smart player purchases and further improvement in the youth academy. Hopefully the Dutch connection helps to get de vrij to come on a free transfer.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Did you hear Alan Brazil the other day backing his mate up? Graham beacroft was giving sam a right going over then mentioned brands and what his experience is with PSV. Brazil goes “really? What have they won lately?” Beacroft goes “err the league this year” 😂

Allardyce has won fuck all, so I’m not sure why Brazil was even bothering to bring that up. 

The defence of the man from all and sundry is embarrassing.