Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Marcel Brands (DoF)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

You're right of course.

A lot of the previous excitement was more about us spending £££ and acting so quickly. I think after years of being subdued Evertonians, we let ourselves go and just enjoyed the moment. Well, I did!!!

Comparing the two though, this looks and feels better. It makes more sense...theres no 'hang on, why have we bought so many central midfielders?!'

 

At least this time we also have the option of sending a couple back if they flop. 

Plus if they do well, we know how hard it is for them to not come back the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Good transfer window but we'll probably get battered over the first month or two of the season. New players need to get healthy and gel. 

We'll see if patience remains.

they will have to be patient, statues take a bit to be created and then installed, i'm thinking more like spring when we will see it unveiled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2018 at 04:39, Quinn31 said:

Good transfer window but we'll probably get battered over the first month or two of the season. New players need to get healthy and gel. 

We'll see if patience remains.

After wolves I can honestly see us top 6 with our best 11 in tune and on fire for the arsenal game. 

 

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but Brands has done massive work in one window to drop our average Age.

I think Coleman/Gylfi/Walcott be our oldest first 11 with the others 25 and under.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Btay said:

After wolves I can honestly see us top 6 with our best 11 in tune and on fire for the arsenal game. 

 

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but Brands has done massive work in one window to drop our average Age.

I think Coleman/Gylfi/Walcott be our oldest first 11 with the others 25 and under.

We're 39 points from safety and I enjoyed our first match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quinn31 said:

We're 39 points from safety and I enjoyed our first match. 

Completely agree mate!

 

I was away camping, woke up by chance when the game was on (second half) and couldn’t stop watching. I even find myself excited to play the “bigger” teams this year because we will atleast give it go it seems!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it five matches or six so far?

played well in one and rubbish on all the rest. Good start to the season, but I want to see us do it consistently for a few weeks before I get carried away.

Oh stuff it! COYBs, let’s take the title home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Is it five matches or six so far?

played well in one and rubbish on all the rest. Good start to the season, but I want to see us do it consistently for a few weeks before I get carried away.

Oh stuff it! COYBs, let’s take the title home!

One match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

One match?

Your comment was filled with as much sarcasm as mine haha.

Pre season is important! It’s a way for the manager to judge what players he has, what positions he needs and what to get rid of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Your comment was filled with as much sarcasm as mine haha.

Pre season is important! It’s a way for the manager to judge what players he has, what positions he needs and what to get rid of. 

Haha I know mate. 

Pre season is important for the manager to judge, as a fan I don’t think we should though. The manager will be looking at it from a different perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Btay said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/15/everton-deny-manchester-uniteds-claims-excessive-agents-fees/

 

Brands giving a good insight on the deals done. Think he has done well. Confirms that is was 40million for richarlison. 

great info there, he's really transparent which is something new in regards to our transfers.  sounds like he's a good negotiator though, held firm with mina, asked marco to help sway Gomes, and went to the table over richarlison even though he and silva didn't think it was possible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

great info there, he's really transparent which is something new in regards to our transfers.  sounds like he's a good negotiator though, held firm with mina, asked marco to help sway Gomes, and went to the table over richarlison even though he and silva didn't think it was possible.  

He’s got some big balls that’s for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Btay said:

He says pretty much exactly what I and I’m sure most other fans want to hear. He’s clearly a respected figure in the game and he will have a clear plan and actually get things done. I like how he talks about the longer term project - feel very optimistic reading this!

Loads more interviews with him and Denise (forgotten her full name) on Sky Sports News today supposedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the story about watching Mina against England and saying “shit, he’s scored”. It’s lovely to hear what we had in place before the World Cup and the type of players we were in for. Brands is top bloke and obviously knows the market. I shudder to think what it would have been like with Walsh and Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Loved the story about watching Mina against England and saying “shit, he’s scored”. It’s lovely to hear what we had in place before the World Cup and the type of players we were in for. Brands is top bloke and obviously knows the market. I shudder to think what it would have been like with Walsh and Sam. 

https://www.football365.com/news/sht-hes-scored-brands-on-evertons-62-1m-double-deal

Quote

 

“And, honestly, I was watching England v Colombia in Farhad’s house with the chairman and Marco and I said: “Sh*t, he’s scored”.

“Because that makes it more difficult for us and especially as it came against England, so that was double sh*t.

 

:lol: It made me laugh too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Loved the story about watching Mina against England and saying “shit, he’s scored”. It’s lovely to hear what we had in place before the World Cup and the type of players we were in for. Brands is top bloke and obviously knows the market. I shudder to think what it would have been like with Walsh and Sam. 

The bits on Mina also blow out of the water all the mud that was being flung at Mina that he was using us, delaying etc etc. Why people continue to do these things without knowing anything...I dunno.

Also shows that we had our targets lined up in plenty of time but it seems that the early deadline favoured European clubs who wanted to squeeze the pounds out.

Encouraging that he says him, Silva, Moshiri and BK all sat and watched Mina together...you can't work closer than that.

It's all going a bit to 'right'...not used to it...but love it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The bits on Mina also blow out of the water all the mud that was being flung at Mina that he was using us, delaying etc etc. Why people continue to do these things without knowing anything...I dunno.

Also shows that we had our targets lined up in plenty of time but it seems that the early deadline favoured European clubs who wanted to squeeze the pounds out.

Encouraging that he says him, Silva, Moshiri and BK all sat and watched Mina together...you can't work closer than that.

It's all going a bit to 'right'...not used to it...but love it!!!

yeah they thought it was the uncle and agent, it was Barca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from sky.  let's hope bill already has a contractor for the statue of brands lined up

 

Everton could offload more players before the European transfer window closes, according to the club's sporting director Marcel Brands

Brands has assured supporters that Marco Silva's key players will not be leaving the club, but that those on the fringes of the first team may be loaned or sold to streamline the squad. 

When asked in an interview with talkSPORT if more players could leave Goodison Park before the August 31 deadline, he said: “Yeah, it’s possible. 

“I’m still busy with a few things.You never know, there still can be something happening in our squad.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

 

Seems like a very likable person and also seems very switched on and down to earth. Love what he said about agent fees, don't think he's the type of man to mess about with all that I just hope he still manages to get deals across the line. Reinforced this with the comment's about refusing the change the fee for Mina with United lurking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

the pleasing thing is brands has connections to the top teams and will continue to do so. It’s also pleasing to hear Gomes was out of our price range on a permanent deal, and we had a budget on Mina that we never budged on 

Where did he say Gomez was out of our price range and we had a budget on Mina Finn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Where did he say Gomez was out of our price range and we had a budget on Mina Finn?

He does say in his recent interviews that there was a price we wanted to pay for Mina and we didn't want to go above it, so took a risk and held out.

And I'm sure he says Barcelona only wanted to sell Gomes, the transfer would be too expensive so he held out for a loan.

Thing with these interviews, annoyingly, is you have to read several sources to get the full interview. Each source seems to just cherry pick different quotes etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

He does say in his recent interviews that there was a price we wanted to pay for Mina and we didn't want to go above it, so took a risk and held out.

And I'm sure he says Barcelona only wanted to sell Gomes, the transfer would be too expensive so he held out for a loan.

Thing with these interviews, annoyingly, is you have to read several sources to get the full interview. Each source seems to just cherry pick different quotes etc.

Ah ok- I listened to that 3 times thinking I kept missing it :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×