Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Marcel Brands (DoF)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

I've been critical of Pickford, but it's way too soon to be calling for him to be sold. He's still young and GKs get better with age. He's been one of our best players and we probably won't get a better keeper than him. 

I'm not sure...

Couple of moments today where he turned a non threatening situation in to a red alert cos of his decisions.

Schmichael had one thing to do and was smart about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm not sure...

Couple of moments today where he turned a non threatening situation in to a red alert cos of his decisions.

Schmichael had one thing to do and was smart about it. 

Schmichael is experienced though and has years on Pickford.

Like others have said, he has saved us more points than he's cost us. He just needs to get his head straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Schmichael is experienced though and has years on Pickford.

Like others have said, he has saved us more points than he's cost us. He just needs to get his head straight. 

Someone who seems go be itk on Twitter mentioned pickfords increasing arrogance around the club... pinch of st of course but for me seems plausible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Someone who seems go be itk on Twitter mentioned pickfords increasing arrogance around the club... pinch of st of course but for me seems plausible. 

It’s from a fake Charles Stevenson account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good keeper, could end up being a great keeper.

But he’s not immune to criticism. Had a few shaky games recently and needs to get his head back on it.

Though he’s not alone. Gomes, Richarlison and Sigurdsson are having bad patches as well.

 Can’t wait till we have a few players like Lookman snapping at their heels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get it, does this change his job? Everton haven’t said it does, so if it doesn’t then what was the point? I don’t get it at all, don’t get me wrong if it’s a positive thing then yay go Marcy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aaron said:

I don’t get it, does this change his job? Everton haven’t said it does, so if it doesn’t then what was the point? I don’t get it at all, don’t get me wrong if it’s a positive thing then yay go Marcy! 

I thought that too. Maybe its a move that will make it harder for other clubs to pinch him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aaron said:

I don’t get it, does this change his job? Everton haven’t said it does, so if it doesn’t then what was the point? I don’t get it at all, don’t get me wrong if it’s a positive thing then yay go Marcy! 

instead of him taking orders from the board on the direction of the club, he's now a member of the board helping to guide the direction of the club.  means 2 things:

1.  he wants to stay here for a while

2. the people above him value him highly

 

all good things for me, i'm sure some on here will try and find fault with it (like they do most things)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many 'Directors of Football' actually have seats on the board of directors? Makes sense really. Suggests that people at the top think turning things around from a footballing perspective is a bigger and longer term job than expected and need a specialist running the job from a high up position in the club. I wonder if this means he'll have more control over transfers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nogs said:

 I wonder if this means he'll have more control over transfers? 

I think when it says he'll have broader powers covering all aspects of the playing side at the club, that's an absolute given.

And Kenwright having less to do with anything important can only be a good thing. He'll be nothing more than a figurehead soon enough, thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, London Blue said:

Great news, shows he buys into us and gives us stability.

Shows he gets a nice pay rise. Everything else is just internal powers that we probably won’t see. I do hope it adds some stability though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Mike sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just don’t see you getting appointed to the board any time soon 

😂

I'd get the stadium built in no time, IKEA and Allen Keys are my middle names!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×