IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Dont forget that he has come back from a pretty serious injury and hasn't played much football for a long time.

But an Argentian international and plenty of years left. With this market I’d see us getting 20-25m for McCarthy for example, just because it’s blown out of control 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The Echo say we got our money back on him (£9.5m), with possible add-ons giving us a small profit.

Obviously why it’s being reported as undisclosed - allows us to show the fee at its highest and them to show it at its lowest - helps both with FFP.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

But an Argentian international and plenty of years left. With this market I’d see us getting 20-25m for McCarthy for example, just because it’s blown out of control 

Only if there’s interest from Prem clubs which I doubt there will have been.

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Id be amazed if we got 20-25 mil for MCCarthy if he came back from.injury and then barely played for 4 months after. We would be lucky to get half that.

If he came back and played lots of games and proved himself it would be different.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s u disclosed publicly, but has to b shown accurately on accounts books.

It does but it can be manipulated as it’s likely to be complex with instalment payments, add-ons based on appearances, silverware bonus, international caps, etc. As the selling club it may benefit us to announce the whole package, while Villarreal may only announce the initial fee.

It’s very rare for a fee to be paid straight up so, with the exchange rate always changing, payments can be very different over the course of a contract anyway.

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

like the williams rumor i would just be happy to get mccarthy off the wage bill, same as williams.  leave on a free mutual contract termination.  just get rid and get young hungry healthy players.

Quite frankly, McCarthy is our best midfielder. As I've mentioned before, It's hardly his fault he's suffered injuries. It would be a big mistake to sell him, let alone give him away. Ask Seamus.

15 hours ago, c1982 said:

It does but it can be manipulated as it’s likely to be complex with instalment payments, add-ons based on appearances, silverware bonus, international caps, etc. As the selling club it may benefit us to announce the whole package, while Villarreal may only announce the initial fee.

It’s very rare for a fee to be paid straight up so, with the exchange rate always changing, payments can be very different over the course of a contract anyway.

The transfer fee when buying a player is in the accounts spread over the length of the first contract anyway. Doesn’t matter if it’s paid in instalments or one off, that’s just cash flow, from an accounting point of view it’s spread regardless. 

When selling a player it will be shown in the accounts as each individual payment arrives, whether it be scheduled or bonuses. 

Just some info. 

On 25/06/2018 at 00:10, Gwlad all over said:

The last tib fib not his fault but too often susceptible to hamstring. Not long term option IMHO.

Maybe the time out from the leg break will help him as either Martinez or MON rushed him back leading to repeated bad hammy injuries. May do him good. 

I think he had a hat trick of hammy tears under Martinez and under MON his groin which led to koeman kicking off. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Maybe the time out from the leg break will help him as either Martinez or MON rushed him back leading to repeated bad hammy injuries. May do him good. 

I think he had a hat trick of hammy tears under Martinez and under MON his groin which led to koeman kicking off. 

I thought Allardyce's comments on McCarthy needing psychological help regarding the injuries were interesting especially as he managed a good run of games. It wasnt that it was all in his head, I think it was more of a trust / belief barrier that he had to overcome. 

Its quite sad to see when you go on physioroom.com and look at the amount of hamstring, groin, back and pelvis injuries he has had. He must have some sort of physical weakness in that area as they are all likely to be linked.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought Allardyce's comments on McCarthy needing psychological help regarding the injuries were interesting especially as he managed a good run of games. It wasnt that it was all in his head, I think it was more of a trust / belief barrier that he had to overcome. 

Its quite sad to see when you go on physioroom.com and look at the amount of hamstring, groin, back and pelvis injuries he has had. He must have some sort of physical weakness in that area as they are all likely to be linked.

I never had injuries till I was 26.  I took a whack to the back of my right leg which by all accounts put my pelvis out of alignment and gave me a bad back.  After that I had a groin tear and often felt hammies tighten.  Posterior chain... all linked. 

I’m beginning to wonder what Brands was told his remitt was by Moshiri, because the lack of activity in the transfer market bar selling or releasing players is starting to concern me, is Silva going to be third manager to fail by having to create a team out of Koemans poor buying. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m beginning to wonder what Brands was told his remitt was by Moshiri, because the lack of activity in the transfer market bar selling or releasing players is starting to concern me, is Silva going to be third manager to fail by having to create a team out of Koemans poor buying. 

The press keep reporting that they still want more players gone before they bring any in. 

Though I would be shocked if there hasn’t been conversations with agents, and if other clubs started showing interest in our targets we would move for them. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not the patient type eh?

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

The press keep reporting that they still want more players gone before they bring any in. 

Though I would be shocked if there hasn’t been conversations with agents, and if other clubs started showing interest in our targets we would move for them. 

That’s playing a dangerous game what if the players they want gone don’t go for what ever reason does that mean we don’t buy. What if as you said they’ve ear marked players and other clubs become interested that just pushes the price up. 

If we are no longer in the camp of a selling club buy what you want and get rid of what you don’t want in due course, because if we wait for the latter to happen first we will find ourselves panic buying in the January window. 

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Not the patient type eh?

Supported this club 52 years now and we always seem to miss the boat by poor decisions at board level, I’m a great advocate of strike while the irons hot, unless of course we don’t have the funds until we’ve sold and if so same old thing. 

I'd be very surprised if a list possible talks or even pre agreed deal/agreements haven't already been made, Brands seems a very astute man who knows exactly what he's doing 

We need to trim the squad down we've to many jobbers and fringe players who fall short, maybe the plan is to trim the side recruit a handful of players and promote the likes of Dowell Lookman Beni etc 

I'm impatient at the best of times and I want to see some incomings but it's a world cup year which always fucks things over and I've faith in Silva and Brands so I'll hang fire....for now 

Hardly anybody has signed players yet. There will be a mad 3 weeks after the world cup. As others have said with the bloated squad we have we need to shift players before bringing players in. Besides until the players have been assessed they won't know what we need, save left back, centre back, and striker.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s playing a dangerous game what if the players they want gone don’t go for what ever reason does that mean we don’t buy. What if as you said they’ve ear marked players and other clubs become interested that just pushes the price up. 

If we are no longer in the camp of a selling club buy what you want and get rid of what you don’t want in due course, because if we wait for the latter to happen first we will find ourselves panic buying in the January window. 

If we want a player and we bid, other clubs will get involved anyway and push the price up. 

Just wait and see for now mate. It’ll be fine. 

I think we have 3 weeks after the window closes to sell players abroad anyway. Players that aren’t wanted will have plenty of time to find a foreign club like Mirallas, Morgan, klassen, Sandro etc. We have players that prem teams will like that will drum up decent money. Besic, Bolasie. If the right players come up we will be in there