Louis

Marcel Brands (DoF)

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Do you really think him putting a spread on at Finch Farm with a few battenbergs and chocolate truffles is going to convince top players to sign for us ?

I give up haha. I’m always in too much of a rush.

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

I give up haha. I’m always in too much of a rush.

You’d be better off being a contestant on the Great British bake off you seem more knowledgeable about your cakes than anything else 😀

If you believe the rumours he could be looking at about ten players. We've been at some point linked with at least N'Dombele, Toussart, Mendy, Terrier and Fekir from Lyon and Soumaoro, Menes, Soumare, Leao and Pepe from Lille.

14 minutes ago, Makis said:

If you believe the rumours he could be looking at about ten players. We've been at some point linked with at least N'Dombele, Toussart, Mendy, Terrier and Fekir from Lyon and Soumaoro, Menes, Soumare, Leao and Pepe from Lille.

We are normally linked with any player breathing who has two legs 😀

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Some good players there. Let’s hope he spoke to a few agents and got the ball rolling 

36 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would have said Lucas Deign and Gomes were out of our league last summer but he got both of them in 

Gomes still might be, now that’s a shite thought 💭 but I shouldn’t worry I’m normally wrong. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would have said Lucas Deign and Gomes were out of our league last summer but he got both of them in 

They were practically Barca reserves. Pepe has been absolutely brilliant and will be snapped up by a big club for a fee we can't afford.

“We have some special things. In the first six games, we have two promoted teams [Aston Villa and Sheffield United].

that gives me hope for some reason 

20 hours ago, jofanon said:

What a success Brands has been.

Stellar appointment and our finest signing I think 

i've waxed lyrical about Marcel many times but recently i'm struck by how quietly he works behind the scenes.  he's not trying to put himself in the spotlight, just letting his work speak for itself.

He seems a cool cat. I get the impression the players know he isn’t fucking them about and comes across like a father figure. He seems to have all the contacts, clubs, agents. Could just see fat sams face when he was appointed. Knowing his greasy fat fingers wouldn’t get chance to get them brown envelopes he likes 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Could be our most important signing. 

This. He just oozes class and seems like he does everything the right way!

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Would have been a nice gesture on first visit to his home and if we never reported it. 

I see your point, but this will sit in that back of the minds of any kid we go to sign now... 

I reckon the kid just got about a £3m signing on fee (or loyalty bonus), he can buy the club shop if he really wants one! 

I think the anti racism banner would mean more to them. Though I’ve heard plenty of racism at GP over the years, thankfully not in recent times.