IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

4 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Good transfer window but we'll probably get battered over the first month or two of the season. New players need to get healthy and gel. 

We'll see if patience remains.

they will have to be patient, statues take a bit to be created and then installed, i'm thinking more like spring when we will see it unveiled.

On 11/08/2018 at 04:39, Quinn31 said:

Good transfer window but we'll probably get battered over the first month or two of the season. New players need to get healthy and gel. 

We'll see if patience remains.

After wolves I can honestly see us top 6 with our best 11 in tune and on fire for the arsenal game. 

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but Brands has done massive work in one window to drop our average Age.

I think Coleman/Gylfi/Walcott be our oldest first 11 with the others 25 and under.

10 minutes ago, Btay said:

After wolves I can honestly see us top 6 with our best 11 in tune and on fire for the arsenal game. 

Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but Brands has done massive work in one window to drop our average Age.

I think Coleman/Gylfi/Walcott be our oldest first 11 with the others 25 and under.

We're 39 points from safety and I enjoyed our first match. 

1 minute ago, Quinn31 said:

We're 39 points from safety and I enjoyed our first match. 

Completely agree mate!

I was away camping, woke up by chance when the game was on (second half) and couldn’t stop watching. I even find myself excited to play the “bigger” teams this year because we will atleast give it go it seems!

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Is it five matches or six so far?

played well in one and rubbish on all the rest. Good start to the season, but I want to see us do it consistently for a few weeks before I get carried away.

Oh stuff it! COYBs, let’s take the title home!

One match?

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Your comment was filled with as much sarcasm as mine haha.

Pre season is important! It’s a way for the manager to judge what players he has, what positions he needs and what to get rid of. 

Haha I know mate. 

Pre season is important for the manager to judge, as a fan I don’t think we should though. The manager will be looking at it from a different perspective. 

25 minutes ago, Btay said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/15/everton-deny-manchester-uniteds-claims-excessive-agents-fees/

Brands giving a good insight on the deals done. Think he has done well. Confirms that is was 40million for richarlison. 

great info there, he's really transparent which is something new in regards to our transfers.  sounds like he's a good negotiator though, held firm with mina, asked marco to help sway Gomes, and went to the table over richarlison even though he and silva didn't think it was possible.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

great info there, he's really transparent which is something new in regards to our transfers.  sounds like he's a good negotiator though, held firm with mina, asked marco to help sway Gomes, and went to the table over richarlison even though he and silva didn't think it was possible.  

He’s got some big balls that’s for sure!

3 hours ago, Btay said:

He says pretty much exactly what I and I’m sure most other fans want to hear. He’s clearly a respected figure in the game and he will have a clear plan and actually get things done. I like how he talks about the longer term project - feel very optimistic reading this!

Loads more interviews with him and Denise (forgotten her full name) on Sky Sports News today supposedly.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Loved the story about watching Mina against England and saying “shit, he’s scored”. It’s lovely to hear what we had in place before the World Cup and the type of players we were in for. Brands is top bloke and obviously knows the market. I shudder to think what it would have been like with Walsh and Sam. 

https://www.football365.com/news/sht-hes-scored-brands-on-evertons-62-1m-double-deal

“And, honestly, I was watching England v Colombia in Farhad’s house with the chairman and Marco and I said: “Sh*t, he’s scored”.

“Because that makes it more difficult for us and especially as it came against England, so that was double sh*t.

:lol: It made me laugh too

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Loved the story about watching Mina against England and saying “shit, he’s scored”. It’s lovely to hear what we had in place before the World Cup and the type of players we were in for. Brands is top bloke and obviously knows the market. I shudder to think what it would have been like with Walsh and Sam. 

The bits on Mina also blow out of the water all the mud that was being flung at Mina that he was using us, delaying etc etc. Why people continue to do these things without knowing anything...I dunno.

Also shows that we had our targets lined up in plenty of time but it seems that the early deadline favoured European clubs who wanted to squeeze the pounds out.

Encouraging that he says him, Silva, Moshiri and BK all sat and watched Mina together...you can't work closer than that.

It's all going a bit to 'right'...not used to it...but love it!!!

10 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The bits on Mina also blow out of the water all the mud that was being flung at Mina that he was using us, delaying etc etc. Why people continue to do these things without knowing anything...I dunno.

Also shows that we had our targets lined up in plenty of time but it seems that the early deadline favoured European clubs who wanted to squeeze the pounds out.

Encouraging that he says him, Silva, Moshiri and BK all sat and watched Mina together...you can't work closer than that.

It's all going a bit to 'right'...not used to it...but love it!!!

yeah they thought it was the uncle and agent, it was Barca.

from sky.  let's hope bill already has a contractor for the statue of brands lined up

Everton could offload more players before the European transfer window closes, according to the club's sporting director Marcel Brands

Brands has assured supporters that Marco Silva's key players will not be leaving the club, but that those on the fringes of the first team may be loaned or sold to streamline the squad. 

When asked in an interview with talkSPORT if more players could leave Goodison Park before the August 31 deadline, he said: “Yeah, it’s possible. 

“I’m still busy with a few things.You never know, there still can be something happening in our squad.”

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seems like a very likable person and also seems very switched on and down to earth. Love what he said about agent fees, don't think he's the type of man to mess about with all that I just hope he still manages to get deals across the line. Reinforced this with the comment's about refusing the change the fee for Mina with United lurking.