IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

All the reports are that Brands will have a big say on the manager (as he should) and that Silva isnt a done deal. If Silva comes I would expect it would be because of Mohsiri and I would have expected him already in truth. 

What we dont need is another Koeman/Walsh where they clearly didnt see eye to eye.

I hope all that is true.  I want brands to get his man not moshiri.  Let’s do it the right way this time.

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly the stuff that excited me most is the academy work he does and the emphasis on hiring the best training ground staff.  sounds like a smart guy.

Um, that sounds like every DoF, who doesn't want to get fired, doing his job to me. I'm glad we're making changes in the management department, but I'm not praising anyone before I can evaluate the results of their work.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

The win 10-0 or lose 5-6 mentality is not your thing eh? 😂

Haha, no. Though, I'd say Eddie Howe has some of that mentality, but I think is a better manager than Bosz and a better fit.

My understanding, albeit completely from others, is also that Bosz was quickly shown out of his depth at Dortmund, hence getting quite an early sack. 

Nice words, very nice words...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marcel-brands-outlines-what-everton-14697330

"The priority in the first month is the first team and to be ready for the start of the next Premier League season," Brands said.

"The [overall plan] has to be long-term, though. That’s also the goal I was given in the conversations I had with the Club.

"What the people around the Club will see is new signings but behind-the-scenes there will be a lot of work and, of course, the first thing is a new manager.

"I think it is important that he wants to work in the new philosophy, the new strategy of how we want to work with a Director of Football.

"I think it is important that he creates the environment for the long-term, and I think it is important that he is a modern coach.

"If you think about what Everton’s plans are, I think a modern coach will fit into that profile.

"Then his philosophy and how he wants to play is important. I think it has to be a coach who wants to work with young players."Brands added: "I have watched several Everton games and I have looked at the players. I also saw some who were on loan to other clubs but if we are going to take decisions about players it is important the manager is involved because he is going to work with them every day.

"I will take care of the long-term strategy but the first job now is to find a manager as soon as possible and straight away go to work with the squad."

Thought that overall he seems a likable character and talks sense.

I like the way he talks about Everton needing a 'modern' manager. And also one that wants to bring through academy players.

This philosophy for me is vital. Everton as a club are not at the moment going to be able to bring in high profile players. The best way we can progress as a club, in my opinion, is to invest in plenty of youth players and hope we can unearth a couple of gems. A slightly Chelsea-esc policy, however instead of doing this to make a profit we need to be doing it to solidify our team with young, quality players who can grow into (hopefully) superstars. .

The speed that he seems to want to move at this pre-season is refreshing, as the sooner we can get everything in place the sooner we can start cracking on.

36 minutes ago, Makis said:

You mean the youngsters? Why sign a manager like that? I think Brands clearly stated that any new managers must give the youth a chance, so that's the sort of managers he will be looking.

Exactly. He wants to bring in a manager that fits his view for the future of the club. I cant wait, it sounds really promising. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Exactly. He wants to bring in a manager that fits his view for the future of the club. I cant wait, it sounds really promising. 

you will have to wait a while Bailey, partly because we are not apparently very attractive, as, say  a great team like Wet Spam.  and partly bcause we are Everton and we must wait until the last possible minute before making a panic appointment.