Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Finn balor

Bond 26

Recommended Posts

So Danny Boyle is confirmed as the director for bond 25 that is due in cinemas in November 2019. Daniel Craig has confirmed this will be his last film. So realistically bond 26 won’t be out till 2021/22. A lot of the rumoured people like Idris Elba, tom Hardy, tom hiddleston etc will be in their forties so they won’t have much mileage for the role. What would people like to see in the next instalment of bond? I’d like to see a young actor playing him and base it on him in the army/ sas and how he made it to the secret service. You would need an actor between the age of 25-32 ish I reckon. I’m not one of those people that think it should be a British actor either. For the director I would go for Christopher Nolan as he uses minimal cgi and his sets are colossal. What would your choice be for bond and what would you like the plot to be about? 

Id like to see people like Nicholas hoult, Aaron Johnson- Taylor, Micheal b Jordan to  be in the mix but I think Robert pattinson has been doing some great independent films. His acting has come on from doing twilight and wants to be a serious actor. He looks unconventially handsome like Daniel Craig and would give the role some darkness just not sure if he can do the comedy element 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

You would need an actor between the age of 25-32 ish I reckon.

Sean Connery (probably the finest Bond ever) played him at 53, age is just a number. Hiddleston would be my choice, The Night Manager was the perfect audition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sean Connery (probably the finest Bond ever) played him at 53, age is just a number. Hiddleston would be my choice, The Night Manager was the perfect audition.

Never Say Never Again doesn't count!!! Though, I think Roger Moore did A View To a Kill in his late 50's, right? 

51 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Idris Elba for me, one of my favorite actors (the wire is a masterpiece) and about time bond is black

Watching "the Wire" as we speak - in the middle of season three. Idris Elba is incredible.

That being said, I really don't think making a misogynistic, womanizing, killing machine black is some monumental step in race relations. Not saying Bond can't or shouldn't be a minority, but I really don't think that it is much of a landmark for society nor is it some sort of advancement for the character. That being said, if Idris Elba is the best man for the job, of course I'm all in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quinn31 said:

Never Say Never Again doesn't count!!! Though, I think Roger Moore did A View To a Kill in his late 50's, right? 

Watching "the Wire" as we speak - in the middle of season three. Idris Elba is incredible.

That being said, I really don't think making a misogynistic, womanizing, killing machine black is some monumental step in race relations. Not saying Bond can't or shouldn't be a minority, but I really don't think that it is much of a landmark for society nor is it some sort of advancement for the character. That being said, if Idris Elba is the best man for the job, of course I'm all in. 

the wire is my favorite Tv show of all time.  truly amazing script and underlying commentary on politics, drugs, poverty, etc. 

 

i never knew elba was english, his portrayal in that show is so spot on i thought he was american. when i first saw him on a talk show i thought he was messing around with an english accent, i was shocked when he kept at it and i realized he was english.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go for Henry Cavill. I'm wondering what's happening with Daniel Craig? He isn'ttt doing many movies lately, if any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, holystove said:

Michael Fassbender   .. never seen him in anything bad.

Assasin's Creed was pretty bad. His acting is good tho.

7 hours ago, Chach said:

Tom Hardy with Tarantino directing.

Tarantino for a Bond movie? You should be blood-thirsty mate :) 

14 hours ago, Haiku said:

I would go for Henry Cavill. I'm wondering what's happening with Daniel Craig? He isn'tttt doing many movies lately, if any. 

He was classy af and was looking good as an Agent in U.N.C.L.E. I think he fits better than any other candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not a woman?  M was changed from  Bernard Lee to Judy Dench.  Even Dr. Who has had a gender crisis.  What price Jane Bond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rubecula said:

why not a woman?  M was changed from  Bernard Lee to Judy Dench.  Even Dr. Who has had a gender crisis.  What price Jane Bond?

sure why not, the series is so derivative you already know how the movie ends before it begins anyway, they are just the definition of cheap thrills nowadays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rubecula said:

why not a woman?  M was changed from  Bernard Lee to Judy Dench.  Even Dr. Who has had a gender crisis.  What price Jane Bond?

"Dr Who" and "M" aren't gender specific names but James kind of is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rubecula said:

why not a woman?  M was changed from  Bernard Lee to Judy Dench.  Even Dr. Who has had a gender crisis.  What price Jane Bond?

No.

The character is not specific to an ethnicity, but it is clearly a man, per Fleming's creation. 

 

There can be plenty of women spy characters, but James Bond is not one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2018 at 12:08, Matt said:

Watch Split and then come back to me ;)

 

I’ve watched split. I’ve watched him in filth, last king of Scotland etc etc. That’s my point. A lead man sells the film. In split he is not a leading man it is a character performance. He is a brilliant actor just not believeable as bond for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nolan directing would likely have Tom Hardy as Bond. Nolan likes to use the same cast for his films.

Would like to see Idris Elba play bond though.

Few other British names not been mentioned yet who could be in the running :

Clive Owen

Damien Lewis 

Andrew Lincoln

Benedict Cumberbatch

Christian Bale

Gerard Butler

Ewan McGregor

Jason Statham

All of the above have had roles in action films, all british, some better than others mind, but all would make a decent bond in their own way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, aaron said:

Nolan directing would likely have Tom Hardy as Bond. Nolan likes to use the same cast for his films.

Would like to see Idris Elba play bond though.

Few other British names not been mentioned yet who could be in the running :

Clive Owen

Damien Lewis 

Andrew Lincoln

Benedict Cumberbatch

Christian Bale

Gerard Butler

Ewan McGregor

Jason Statham

All of the above have had roles in action films, all british, some better than others mind, but all would make a decent bond in their own way.

I really like Clive Owen, saw him first in a computer game (Privateer 2) cut scenes (come a long way from that) and absolutely loved Children of Men, The International, Inside Man, Closer, Croupier.  He would be great if they went back to the more classy and spy like Bond (Pierce Brosnan) instead of the brute force bond of craig.

 

Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor, just brilliant but he only makes sense if they go in a more eccentric Bond role.  he's neither that debonair or a brute to make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2018 at 19:58, Finn balor said:

I’ve watched split. I’ve watched him in filth, last king of Scotland etc etc. That’s my point. A lead man sells the film. In split he is not a leading man it is a character performance. He is a brilliant actor just not believeable as bond for me 

Fair enough. I think he could be a great balance between suarve and action 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just waiting for all the luvvies at the Oscars wearing Jane Bond ribbons.... with meryl streep Oprah and Jada PinkettSmith leading the way....  

it will basically focus on making 007 a female who flips the chauvinism of bond and does things like orders a bottle of prosecco, drives an eco friendly electric car, Annie Lennox will sing the theme to the film..... Bingo royale.

Elba gets my vote....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I'm just waiting for all the luvvies at the Oscars wearing Jane Bond ribbons.... with meryl streep Oprah and Jada PinkettSmith leading the way....  

it will basically focus on making 007 a female who flips the chauvinism of bond and does things like orders a bottle of prosecco, drives an eco friendly electric car, Annie Lennox will sing the theme to the film..... Bingo royale.

Elba gets my vote....

 

There is an easy way around it, make a new character and have it in a "Shared Universe". Bond is 007, Sean Bean's character was 006. Why not have a female character in their own movie as 003 or something? In no way do I mean this replaces Bond, but runs along side the Bond films, maybe have a cross over film at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron said:

There is an easy way around it, make a new character and have it in a "Shared Universe". Bond is 007, Sean Bean's character was 006. Why not have a female character in their own movie as 003 or something? In no way do I mean this replaces Bond, but runs along side the Bond films, maybe have a cross over film at some point.

I'm all for that ... it sounds like a common sense approach.

Unfortunately what will happen is the womens rights movements will question as to why the female 003 actress doesn't get paid as much as 007.... despite only doing a third of the hours filming. 

The movement will be called "premium bond"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Unfortunately what will happen is the womens rights movements will question as to why the female 003 actress doesn't get paid as much as 007

They won't go for that, she'll need equal billing; 00VII possibly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×