IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

The track would be removed. Look at the Etihad.

And the Olympic stadium the West Ham are moving into. Although I think I'm right in saying that the track is staying, just being covered by retractable seating so it can still be used for athletics at times.

And the Olympic stadium the West Ham are moving into. Although I think I'm right in saying that the track is staying, just being covered by retractable seating so it can still be used for athletics at times.

Is that what West Ham are doing? wow! That must be expensive

West Ham wanted to get rid of the track but it was part of the deal that it had to stay as part of the Olympic Legacy bullcrap.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in liverpool for a few weeks. 3rd time in 30 years. I went for a walk on the cycle track from Knotty Ash to Walton Hall Park. Just past Norris Green I saw a great looking modern stadium unfortunately it was Anfield and to the right you could just make out the main stand of Goodison and it looked like a shed. I love Goodison Park but from that distance it looked so old and dated compared to the shites place. I think that the most important thing for our club is to update Goodison or move to a new Stadium. Living in Australia I have such a romantic vision of our stadium but today i realised how far behind a lot of clubs we are..

Goodison isn't really an option to be upgraded imo. We need a new ground

it was posted by SteveO while you were away but it could be done. rebuild the park end stand and create corporate boxes there to create 47000 capacity. that would keep it going for another decade and then could be looking for another place to build in the meantime.

Edited by markjazzbassist

it was posted by SteveO while you were away but it could be done. rebuild the park end stand and create corporate boxes there to create 47000 capacity. that would keep it going for another decade and then could be looking for another place to build in the meantime.

I've doubt it can be done but the other 3 stands are falling apart mate, the obstructed views are terrible, it's just run it's course, the Old Ladybis outdated and like a millstone round our neck. I love her dearly and it'll be a wrench to leave but if we're going to move forward it has to be done.

Stadiums land locked by houses on 3 sides.

If a two tier Park End was rebuilt 15 yards closer to the park it would be possible to have a bigger Gwladys street stand in the future due to the extra space. It would have no effect on the main stand really as it goes past the pitch anyway.

Gwladys street could be rebuilt in the same style as the new two tier park end. The current profile of the stand is quite a big footprint that with the extra 15 yards at the front of the stand it could be done.

Then take a look at buying houses off Bullens road. If it needed to be hurried along then rebuild just the lower tier in the same style as the new ends with a view to build the top tier in the future, with the additional seating at either end it shouldn't be too much of a drop.

If they really wanted to be forward thinking , buying up all of the houses off Bullens road and give some to the school in exchange for their car park so there is room for the stands. The garage on the corner of Bullens road, I'm sure they could be tempted for a rebuild on part of any new land, building garages can be very cheap now days.

Goodison road is the only real issue long term. But in the same way it can be done at the ends, if we were doing a phased redevelopment then push the ends 10 yards towards the Bullens to give a bit more room for the main stand. If the other three stands were redeveloped sensibly then you could remove the top balcony and develop the main stand as a single tier stand.

All offices and player facilities could be in the park end where there is the most space, leaving any other stands just needing fan space.

Most of that is just from conversations with people who work in construction, not stadium experts. But Elstone himself said that rebuilding the park end could get us to 47,000, for me that is a major jump and should be looked at as more than just a throw away option.

I'm sure we could build a new stadium for £300m, but what could even £100m or £200m worth of improvements to Goodison park do?

Let's really think outside the box here. The biggest problem is Goodison Road. So with the idea of moving the offices and player facilities to the park end. How about buying out the buildings facing the stand, build units into a redeveloped stand and rent them to the current tenants of Goodison road? Improved facilities for them, improved stadium for us, nicer for the community and the club.

I'd rather throw money into GP than somewhere else. As proud as we are of our heritage and our history is love to see us invest in the history once more instead of leaving it behind. Previous owners have left the stadium to rot without a forward plan.

If a two tier Park End was rebuilt 15 yards closer to the park it would be possible to have a bigger Gwladys street stand in the future due to the extra space. It would have no effect on the main stand really as it goes past the pitch anyway.

Gwladys street could be rebuilt in the same style as the new two tier park end. The current profile of the stand is quite a big footprint that with the extra 15 yards at the front of the stand it could be done.

Then take a look at buying houses off Bullens road. If it needed to be hurried along then rebuild just the lower tier in the same style as the new ends with a view to build the top tier in the future, with the additional seating at either end it shouldn't be too much of a drop.

If they really wanted to be forward thinking , buying up all of the houses off Bullens road and give some to the school in exchange for their car park so there is room for the stands. The garage on the corner of Bullens road, I'm sure they could be tempted for a rebuild on part of any new land, building garages can be very cheap now days.

Goodison road is the only real issue long term. But in the same way it can be done at the ends, if we were doing a phased redevelopment then push the ends 10 yards towards the Bullens to give a bit more room for the main stand. If the other three stands were redeveloped sensibly then you could remove the top balcony and develop the main stand as a single tier stand.

All offices and player facilities could be in the park end where there is the most space, leaving any other stands just needing fan space.

Most of that is just from conversations with people who work in construction, not stadium experts. But Elstone himself said that rebuilding the park end could get us to 47,000, for me that is a major jump and should be looked at as more than just a throw away option.

I'm sure we could build a new stadium for £300m, but what could even £100m or £200m worth of improvements to Goodison park do?

Let's really think outside the box here. The biggest problem is Goodison Road. So with the idea of moving the offices and player facilities to the park end. How about buying out the buildings facing the stand, build units into a redeveloped stand and rent them to the current tenants of Goodison road? Improved facilities for them, improved stadium for us, nicer for the community and the club.

I'd rather throw money into GP than somewhere else. As proud as we are of our heritage and our history is love to see us invest in the history once more instead of leaving it behind. Previous owners have left the stadium to rot without a forward plan.

The accessability to the ground is dreadful Steve which is another big factor. The whole area is residential it's just not the right place for a modern state of the art stadium. All 4 stands would need rebuilding to get them facilities and boxes to suit needs (well second teir on Park End, roads have to be closed off to residents of a match day there's no parking it's just past it's sell by date.

Do you think this will happen Dunc after all 3 years is not a long time is it?

No idea to be honest , but for Joe Anderson to say we will be in the new ground within 3 years makes me think that there is a bit more to this than meets the eye

Has WHP fallen through or have we just shifted target because Moshiri wants something better?