IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

IF we do indeed get new owners. IF they do indeed consider building us a brand spanking new stadium.

What would be your top 5 priorities that you'd like them to consider, incorporate or MAYBE even, not include/consider in the design, finish, location etc?

Just list where appropriate, 1 being top priority, 5 being not so much.

1. Don't sell the new stadium's name to a shite company for big money - Much rather a more traditional Walton Hall Park, Clarence Dock Stadium or The New Goodison Park.

2. To be unique/impressive in design - Would like it to be iconic. Not like the 'shed' at Kirkby. Closer to Kings dock. Lets make it a 'fantasty' stadium where alternative events (like the NHL) would love to play. Do NOT want a standard 'bowl'.

3. Good transport access - Wherever it ends up being, i'd like it to be accessible by train and car. Without having to queue for hours to get out (Stanley Park CP being the biggest culprit for me).

4. Would like higher, steeped sides/stands, to create an intimidating environment.

5. Would love them to really go for the fans zone, create a leisure city around the outside of the stadium - Include a mini-museum, places to eat, activities for kids. Go for the whole works. So for fans coming up to the stadium, they could spend a good amount of time in the area and really become engrossed in what it means to be an Everton supporter.

Honestly, after reading that gate receipts will just about be 1% of our total income with the new deal, is the new stadium as important as it was?

But in the same article (I think we've both read) it stresses the importance of commercial revenue. An area we are desperate to improve in and something the Stadium could help with.

So yes. Yes it is. :)

But in the same article (I think we've both read) it stresses the importance of commercial revenue. An area we are desperate to improve in and something the Stadium could help with.

So yes. Yes it is. :)

Yup, so sponsorships and marketing. No doubt a new stadium would help here, I still want one and think it's important, but is it as important as it was 5 years ago? I'm not convinced

Don't forget about corporate luxury boxes. These are big revenue sources. I hate them, but they're cash cows.

That's the point though, relative to the TV money they're not anymore.

Just to clarify, I still want one, I still think we need one. Do I think it's top of the list anymore? No

That's the point though, relative to the TV money they're not anymore.

Just to clarify, I still want one, I still think we need one. Do I think it's top of the list anymore? No

How much revenue do our regular ticket sales generate each year? Do we have a figure?

A new stadium fitted with lots of nice luxury suites also increases corporate sponsorship money, in addition to the large sums generated through sales of the suites and the merchandise and food there. Businesses, at least in the US, are attracted to this because they can use it as a business-related tax write-off and can build relations with clients. There's also a major correlation between team performance and the sales of luxury suites. The better performing the team, the more attractive and expensive the suites are.

How much revenue do our regular ticket sales generate each year? Do we have a figure?

A new stadium fitted with lots of nice luxury suites also increases corporate sponsorship money, in addition to the large sums generated through sales of the suites and the merchandise and food there. Businesses, at least in the US, are attracted to this because they can use it as a business-related tax write-off and can build relations with clients. There's also a major correlation between team performance and the sales of luxury suites. The better performing the team, the more attractive and expensive the suites are.

I've been counting all wrong. Just trying to find out using Arsenals books how much it could be...

What happens when tv revenue runs out, goes down or whatever. Good things like this do not last forever. I think that a new stadium may become important in the future.

pretty much agree with the original points:

1. Don't sell the new stadium's name to a shite company for big money - Much rather a more traditional Walton Hall Park, Clarence Dock Stadium or The New Goodison Park. Fortress Goodison would suit me

2. To be unique/impressive in design - Would like it to be iconic. Not like the 'shed' at Kirkby. Closer to Kings dock. Lets make it a 'fantasty' stadium where alternative events (like the NHL) would love to play. Do NOT want a standard 'bowl'. Not a copy of Bird's Nest either

3. Good transport access - Wherever it ends up being, i'd like it to be accessible by train and car. Without having to queue for hours to get out (Stanley Park CP being the biggest culprit for me). I like the old English Electric/John Napier works as a good site

4. Would like higher, steeped sides/stands, to create an intimidating environment. close in to the pitch too

5. Would love them to really go for the fans zone, create a leisure city around the outside of the stadium - Include a mini-museum, places to eat, activities for kids. Go for the whole works. So for fans coming up to the stadium, they could spend a good amount of time in the area and really become engrossed in what it means to be an Everton supporter. As long as it doesn't end up asa giant Tesco

I've voiced many opinions on this subject, its probably my favourite subject in the world. I feel I should be on the design committee if I'm honest.

My first choice would be to update GP, I've seen nothing more thorough than this from Tom Hughes. I think the design is great, he's tried to make it a evolution rather than a rebuild, I think it still looks like GP at the end of it, to an extent, but its very classy and shows what can be done with a bit of imagination. I think it would be a very imposing stadium if it could happen.

http://toffeeweb.com/club/goodison/Redeveloped_Goodison_Park.pdf

New stadium. I cant list them in order, well i'll try.

1. Museum

2. No bowl, make one end a single tier, steep, high, intimidating stand. doesn't need a fills, make it big and loud, serve the ale fast, sell the tickets cheap, get it full every game. make the other three stands a continuous single design, boxes all the way around, name the stands after club legends.

3. car park, on site with season tickets. I've banged on about this plenty of times too. if you have a car park at the ground, sell the space as a season ticket. £150 to park at the ground for a season, if four of you go the game it becomes affordable. you'd never fit everyone in anyway, so make something good from what you have.

4. make the pitch about three foot lower then the front row seats. that way the crowd are a bit more on top of you, a bit more intimidating, and you have a three foot advertising space all around the pitch.

5. safe standing in my big tall home stand.

Shallow stands are better for atmosphere than steep stands.

It's an illusion that the steep stands make it more intimating. Can you really imagine fans jumping up and down in the Top Balcony?

That's why old converted terraces are better than these new builds for atmosphere because they're shallower.

Something similar to the Westfalenstadion (Dortmund) would be great

Good capacity holds around the 55 thousand tall two tier stands close to the pitch with one kept as a single tier with corporate boxes in each corner

Leisure and retail facilities built into or around the stadium for extra revenue would be great also

I'd like to just use Goodison for the name but the likely hood is if we do get a new stadium the commercial and financial side of things will take preference over sentiment

Edited by EFC-Paul

I've voiced many opinions on this subject, its probably my favourite subject in the world. I feel I should be on the design committee if I'm honest.

My first choice would be to update GP, I've seen nothing more thorough than this from Tom Hughes. I think the design is great, he's tried to make it a evolution rather than a rebuild, I think it still looks like GP at the end of it, to an extent, but its very classy and shows what can be done with a bit of imagination. I think it would be a very imposing stadium if it could happen.

http://toffeeweb.com/club/goodison/Redeveloped_Goodison_Park.pdf

New stadium. I cant list them in order, well i'll try.

1. Museum

2. No bowl, make one end a single tier, steep, high, intimidating stand. doesn't need a fills, make it big and loud, serve the ale fast, sell the tickets cheap, get it full every game. make the other three stands a continuous single design, boxes all the way around, name the stands after club legends.

3. car park, on site with season tickets. I've banged on about this plenty of times too. if you have a car park at the ground, sell the space as a season ticket. £150 to park at the ground for a season, if four of you go the game it becomes affordable. you'd never fit everyone in anyway, so make something good from what you have.

4. make the pitch about three foot lower then the front row seats. that way the crowd are a bit more on top of you, a bit more intimidating, and you have a three foot advertising space all around the pitch.

5. safe standing in my big tall home stand.

i love that proposal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Burns

Even the club that finishes bottom of the Premier gets £97m 'minimum' in TV alone. Finishing 9th gives £124m. Then profits on the stadia, merchandise and buying and selling players.

Farhad Moshiri sold his 15% of Arsenal for £200m, but bought half of EFC for £87.5m, so a big profit. I believe he wanted most if not all of EFC. EFC are valued at £175m, less than his 15% sale of Arsenal. Arsenal are valued at 1.3bn. Farhad Moshiri can afford to finance a super-duper stadium himself with his change from Arsenal. With Premier TV money, banks will be throwing money at Everton to build a real, proper, 70,000 seater, retractable roof stadium with its own Merseyrail station to bring the fans in easily from all over. Then we can all get to the game in comfort and fast and be warm in winter.

He says Stones, Barclay and Lukaku are staying, indicating EFC are not a selling club.

Everton have to go for a new 70,000 seater stadium, with its own Merseyrail station for ease of access and guaranteed gates, and not tart up Goodison Park as Liverpool are foolishly doing at Anfield.

The approach needed:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/watercity/Rapid-Transit-Football.html

Even the club that finishes bottom of the Premier gets £97m 'minimum' in TV alone. Finishing 9th gives £124m. Then profits on the stadia, merchandise and buying and selling players.

Farhad Moshiri sold his 15% of Arsenal for £200m, but bought half of EFC for £87.5m, so a big profit. I believe he wanted most if not all of EFC. EFC are valued at £175m, less than his 15% sale of Arsenal. Arsenal are valued at 1.3bn. Farhad Moshiri can afford to finance a super-duper stadium himself with his change from Arsenal. With Premier TV money, banks will be throwing money at Everton to build a real, proper, 70,000 seater, retractable roof stadium with its own Merseyrail station to bring the fans in easily from all over. Then we can all get to the game in comfort and fast and be warm in winter.

He says Stones, Barclay and Lukaku are staying, indicating EFC are not a selling club.

Everton have to go for a new 70,000 seater stadium, with its own Merseyrail station for ease of access and guaranteed gates, and not tart up Goodison Park as Liverpool are foolishly doing at Anfield.

The approach needed:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/watercity/Rapid-Transit-Football.html

We wouldn't fill a 70,000 seater stadium

Guest John Burns

We wouldn't fill a 70,000 seater stadium

That is one opinion of course. But analysis says something different. Highbury was the the same size as Goodison Park. Arsenal were a club of the same size as Everton in most respects, fanbase, value, etc. . Now look at them after a new stadium came along which has been full for very game for 10 years. Arsenal are now worth £1.3 billion.

I agree, unless the prices were much reduced, which ain't going to happen.

Nice train experience won't make us that much more attractive.

More opinion, which does not bare scrutiny. The metro is to get fans there easily, fast, dry and warm with even families coming along. As Arsenal have proven, given them comfortable, convenient fast access with top stadia facilities and they will come. EFC can do a lot better than Arsenal.

Edited by John Burns

That is one opinion of course. But analysis says something different. Highbury was the the same size as Goodison Park. Arsenal were a club of the same size as Everton in most respects, fanbase, value, etc. . Now look at them after a new stadium came along which has been full for very game for 10 years.

More opinion. The metro is to get fans there easily, fast, dry and warm with even families, etc. As Arsenal have proven, given them comfortable, convenient fast access with top stadia facilities and they will come.

Apart from the fact that they'd won five premier league titles and four FA Cups since we'd last won anything when they moved. Plus a league cup (slightly less relevant).

Guest John Burns

Apart from the fact that they'd won five premier league titles and four FA Cups since we'd last won anything when they moved. Plus a league cup (slightly less relevant).

Correct that is apart and irrelevant to the points I made.

Everton are a sleeping giant, 37,000 fans in an era where we have not been competing is very good, especially given the cost/inconvenience and ability to watch any game at any time.

I think we will get 60k in the right stadium with the right transport and with a team that is getting investment to challenge.

Let's be blunt, Goodison is a dump compared to other stadiums. Yes it has an air of authenticity etc but so does a load of shitty 1930 pubs with stinking toilets, you aren't going to take your family there.

I've had my car broken into twice, so has my brother, I've been on crowded delayed trains and by the time you get home you feel somewhat harassed.

A different experience will make the decision for many like myself find taking two kids to a game so much easier.

That is one opinion of course. But analysis says something different. Highbury was the the same size as Goodison Park. Arsenal were a club of the same size as Everton in most respects, fanbase, value, etc. . Now look at them after a new stadium came along which has been full for very game for 10 years. Arsenal are now worth £1.3 billion.

More opinion, which does not bare scrutiny. The metro is to get fans there easily, fast, dry and warm with even families coming along. As Arsenal have proven, given them comfortable, convenient fast access with top stadia facilities and they will come. EFC can do a lot better than Arsenal.

Arsenal are also a London club, in fact the biggest London club by far until Abramovich came along and manufactured a 'big' club. That gives them an enormous domestic fanbase (population of London vs Merseyside) and an international profile we simply do not have.

It would be nice to aspire to be like Arsenal and fill a 70,000 seater stadium, but that's what it is, an aspiration. It would take us 20 years to get there.