IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Just had a load of them losing it in work!

Made up.

I'd do what Spurs have done, just go slightly higher capacity than theirs.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh, then they fight you and then you win"

Never a truer phrase from Gandhi....

Looks like we are the 3rd stage

1. They never made any noises when we looked at Kirby - very quiet

2. They laughed when we were talking about a riverfront project - they laughed at us when they built their new stand

3. They want to fight the new proposal - its all getting very real. They are scared

4. If we win then what a win that will be eh....

Its pure poetry.... its like living next door to a neighbour in a rough area..... they buy a better car than you, go on better holidays than you. Just when they finish work on their huge conservatory they are gloating about - you tell them you are moving to a new house built on the banks of the river with 7 bedrooms, a swimming pool the lot....

The look on their faces when they find out the council have given you a grant for it..... priceless.

Edited by Hafnia

I'm saying nothing until the builers are in. We've been in this position before remember and it all came crumbling down around our ears.

Not saying it will this time but I point blank refuse to get my hopes up. Until there's a fella in a high viz jacket with a spade in his hands it's simply not happening.

And this is exactly how I feel. Shame - but decades of supporting this great club have taught me this.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh, then they fight you and then you win"

Never a truer phrase from Gandhi....

Looks like we are the 3rd stage

1. They never made any noises when we looked at Kirby - very quiet

2. They laughed when we were talking about a riverfront project - they laughed at us when they built their new stand

3. They want to fight the new proposal - its all getting very real. They are scared

4. If we win then what a win that will be eh....

Its pure poetry.... its like living next door to a neighbour in a rough area..... they buy a better car than you, go on better holidays than you. Just when they finish work on their huge conservatory they are gloating about - you tell them you are moving to a new house built on the banks of the river with 7 bedrooms, a swimming pool the lot....

The look on their faces when they find out the council have given you a grant for it..... priceless.

reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcxs-CH4kG0

I'm pretty sure we'll get a new stadium this time round. Moshiri has the contact book to make it happen. It's the main aim on his list of things to do. Koeman joined us on the back of it.

Where it gets built is the bit I'm not getting carried away with.

Like every Evertonian, I'd love it to be on the docks. And for you season ticket holders, and those others that go regular, it will be the most immense setting for a stadium. Everything about it will be spot on...the aporoach, the setting, a good mix of tradition and modern urban. The thought of it alone makes me want to move to Liverpool! (On one of our many visits to the great city, my missus did say, out of nowhere, that it's the only place she'd relocate to!!!). Anyway....

It's so perfect, it makes it hard to believe. I do believe that Moshiri and Co will do all they can to make it happen. And I can imagine the amount of negotiations that have been going on must be mind numbing. It is by far the hardest site to secure and develop. But it wouldn't be the best site is it wasn't!!!

The problem is, even though I dont want to get carried away with the Dock idea, I can't imagine it being any where near as good elsewhere.

New song lads. (Hopefully we pull it off)

This is what it's like to be Everton,

This is what it's like to be poor,

You build shit stands,

We'll build on Bramley Moore

Goin loco

mad at Bakayoko

if he plays too long

yeah you'll be goin loco

mad at Bakayoko

you know his first touch just aint strong

I'm just trying to not get carried away.

A new train station just outside, a new road down there, a huge development with our stadium right in the centre. What it could do for the city. Cruise ships coming in, seeing our stadium before they dock.

If we could add in a single tier end, with safe standing, it would just be perfect in my head.

I'm just trying to not get carried away.

A new train station just outside, a new road down there, a huge development with our stadium right in the centre. What it could do for the city. Cruise ships coming in, seeing our stadium before they dock.

If we could add in a single tier end, with safe standing, it would just be perfect in my head.

Morning wood.

Glad to help Mark ?

What's the view on safe standing?

For me Germany have shown it can be done.

I want a single tier end too. Must be bigger than the Kop and bigger than the end Spurs are building. I think theirs holds 17,000. Would a single end holding 20,000 in safe standing be too much? Would we fill it? Maybe only the bottom 10,000 could be standing and seating above but still a single tier. I'd like it to be steep too, but when I've been to steep stadiums abroad it's not comfortable being sat in them and walking up and down the stairs.

People say "they can't fill 40,000.... why are they getting a new stadium"

Well I have answers for that from my own perspective.

I've been to Goodison 100's of times but not in recent years. Why not? Not because of team performance or price.

Quote honestly - the match day experience takes far too long to get to and from. The views aren't great in all areas of the ground. I've had my car done in twice.

I'm now a family man and I'm looking forward to the day I can take my boys to the games. But not the way it is.

I love Goodison- i will never forget the first time I seen her. Took my breath away, the smell outside the ground is only one that football fans can appreciate. It stinks - but its great.

Then the view of the pitch from the upper balcony! Wow.

That was over 30 years ago.

I'd like my sons to go to Goodison before we move. 3 years of age and 10 months... it needs to be done. Plenty of photos etc.

But yes... a match day experience that involves a short, simple journey, a more spacious surround, the ability to have innovative pricing that allows us to bring children at a cost that isn't bordering on extortion. That's the future.

I love Goodison, I'll be sorry when we leave but I fully understand that we have to.

The Zold Lady under the lights or when she's rocking- there's no place on earth I'd rather be. The walk up from by the Mons, the first glimpse of the stadium as you walk down County Road the smell of match day food, ale, ciggies and excitement and snticipation.

It'll be a sad , sad day when her lights go off for the final time.

While I have only be to Goodison about 20 times, each time I go I absolutely love it, the walk to the ground, the buzz from all the fans outside before the match and when the fans are on it and the Old Lady starts rocking there is nothing like it.

From work, one peace of advice I have, something I have learned from the West Ham stadium fiasco please please keep the Gwladys, and maybe Bullens stand fans together. West Ham spread their fans all over the park, so you have the hard core life long fans sitting next to Tarquin and Zander who bought their season tickets for £200 and are having their first season there. The result is some very unhappy veteran fans, and an atmosphere that is toxic.

People say "they can't fill 40,000.... why are they getting a new stadium"

Well I have answers for that from my own perspective.

The shorter answer is that those who say that are ignorant bellends. Everton fill Goodison to 99.2% capacity...more than the shite, more than city, Spurs blah blah...in fact its the 4th highest % in the Premiership.

Factually, those top flight clubs who move to bigger and better stadiums enjoy an instant significant increase in attendances, generally to near capacity.

Sick of reading/hearing from redshites how it's our 'umpteenth' new stadium...what, like they haven't had several failed moves? How we can't afford it....eh, like the same reason they didn't move? And how we can't fill Goodison...oh really!!! Do those fuckers suffer from memory loss???

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

I actually can't believe people "love" the smell of ark fella's "ale farts".

There is a distinct smell of shit around the place. So many alcoholics releasing their rotten bowels. Disgusting.

No one said ale farts, it was just the smell of the match in general which is at every ground you visit.

I'm shocked at some of the negativity towards Goodison.

The place is clean and tidy, there is some horse shit outside on a match day like anymother stadium with policing. The price for kids is very reasonable, one of the cheapest in the league. The place is old and tired, but not somewhere to just give up on. I want the move to the docks, more than anything, but I'm sure I'll cry my eyes out on the last day. I just hope I can spend that last game with my dad (he doesn't have a season ticket) as it was him who brought me there. Just like his Dad took him and his brothers. A part of my family is at the old lady, as much as I want progress I dread leaving her behind.

Edited by StevO

I'm shocked at some of the negativity towards Goodison.

The place is clean and tidy, there is some horse shit outside on a match day like anymother stadium with policing. The price for kids is very reasonable, one of the cheapest in the league. The place is old and tired, but not somewhere to just give up on. I want the move to the docks, more than anything, but I'm sure I'll cry my eyes out on the last day. I just hope I can spend that last game with my dad (he doesn't have a season ticket) as it was him who brought me there. Just like his Dad took him and his brothers. A part of my family is at the old lady, as much as I want progress I dread leaving her behind.

Brilliant post, not been there as many times as most but last Monday felt (as I've said before) like coming home. Had two Goodison virgins with me who loved every moment of the experience; my brother who was completely bowled over and his (future) son-in-law who's a Bristol City season ticket holder visiting his 46th league stadium who loved it also, probably took fifty photos. Smells of burgers and beer maybe, but the "shit" suggestion is a wind-up pure and simple, not an ounce of truth.

I actually can't believe people "love" the smell of ark fella's "ale farts".

There is a distinct smell of shit around the place. So many alcoholics releasing their rotten bowels. Disgusting.

They will sell ' ale ' at a new stadium built on the docklands, you won't stop people drinking and you can't stop people 'farting'.

" So many people releasing their rotten bowels.Disgusting "..........sounds like you have a problem with the 'people' more than the place!