Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11522955/everton-look-to-learn-from-rival-mistakes-with-new-stadium-plans

Bit concerned by this quote 

It is a very long-term project and it will take several years before we move."

If we rushed in to something and made a complete hash of it, we would all be whinging "typical Everton" 

Id rather we get it right, we won't get another chance for many years.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11522955/everton-look-to-learn-from-rival-mistakes-with-new-stadium-plans

Bit concerned by this quote 

It is a very long-term project and it will take several years before we move."

perhaps it is a long term to make a substantial profit and not necessarily  before we move in?

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

We already k ow it will be several years don’t we? I mean.... they haven’t even submitted planning yet.

Not really no. It was only the other day that the club reiterated the aim to be in the new stadium for the start of the 2022 season 

I suppose it boils down to your interpretation of ‘several years’

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think this discussion has popped up somewhere before, one is single, two is a couple, and three is several. 👍

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me.

Anyway, finances aren't all in order yet, no planning permission or designs released (that we know of), and then construction is a minimum 2 years. Then there's all the infrastructure that needs to be put in place around it... It'll be 3 years minimum after we've gotten everything approved and ready to go in my non-expert opinion. 2022? That will be impressive.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me

I've never quantified either myself; according to the dictionary "few" is 'a small number of' although that could be quite a high number as in 'a club with as few as 20 members' while "several" is 'more than two but not many'.

I think is just down to what our parents tell us.

56 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm with @Matt , couple is 2, few is 3, several is 4+.  which is correct per dunc's comment, 2022 is 4 years from now.  nothing story.

But you're an American so your opinion on the English language is meaningless:P.

13 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

A few V&T's or several V&T's?

I think a "few" is relative and can be quite a high number whereas "several" is not relative and is always a low number, just my thoughts but obviously I'm rightB).

Here in the US, the time between first mention of a stadium to playing in it would be about 12 months. After a few years, we’d already be talking about a replacement. The progress in Britain appears to be depressingly slow. 

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Yes, in Englad the life of a stadium is calculated in centuries, not years like in the US.

so true  they get a stadium in Britain …. AND actually allow the patrons to get used to it...…:P

8 hours ago, Billinge Blue said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/metro-mayor-gives-update-evertons-15291899

Transport links will be included in the planning application.

“But what we will do is ensure that we do have public transport links because getting 20 or 30,000 people out of the football stadium along arterial routes that are already congested is about urban planning."

Lets hope we have more than 20-30k people coming out of it! 

Great, just fucking great!

Were gonna have the smallest stadium in history,  I’ll never get a season ticket now. Best of luck to the 20 jammy people that get one though.

Wait a sec, 5 of them will be available to away fans won’t they?

I guess that the number who use public transport and the rest use their cars.

Kirkdale station can be a bit of a squeeze after the match, closer to town their will be the option of Wirral, Northern lines on Merseyrail and mainline services within a short walk

20 hours ago, Billinge Blue said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/metro-mayor-gives-update-evertons-15291899

Transport links will be included in the planning application.

That was always going to be the case considering the regeneration project, but nice to hear it. Will be a tough couple of years between the stadium being used and the finalised transport project though, I expect a lot of moaning :lol:  

As for the 20-30k... I'm wondering if they're expecting half the capacity will walk to the centre, and this is only concentrating on bus/car traffic? Otherwise I really don't understand that number.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

If the ferry route was more viable from the Wirral, that'd be a great boost for Mersey Ferries, which has a special place in my heart. When I was 5/6 years old, my granddad (a merchant navy man) took me, as he often did, on the ferry over to Liverpool. That day, he recognized the captain as one of his old officers, and we got invited up the ladder into cockpit and I was allowed, under a watchful eye, to sail the ferry across the Mersey. I might only have been young, but that memory has always remained with me, as bittersweet as it is. 

Geez. Jammy beggar. The best I ever got was two used tickets from the conductor of our local brass band (in which I played the cornet) so my dad could cross the Tamar bridge to England and back for free. (The guy worked in the toll booths on the bridge.) Obviously, I didn't have the type of contacts your family had!

24 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Geez. Jammy beggar. The best I ever got was two used tickets from the conductor of our local brass band (in which I played the cornet) so my dad could cross the Tamar bridge to England and back for free. (The guy worked in the toll booths on the bridge.) Obviously, I didn't have the type of contacts your family had!

My granddad talked to everyone, was one of the mildest and friendliest people to have lived, so he had plenty of contacts (City Pets in the centre was another place we went to often, he knew the owner well somehow).

He was and is still my hero, even after nearly 20 years since he died (by the roses he decided to plant at the local train station. He thought the place needed a bit of colour so he planted them after a week of bringing over the "good soil" from his garden in carrier bags). 

I know he'd be so happy to see the plans to revitalize the area where he worked so long, so they better do a good job for him and everyone else :D 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

The ferry is dear as fuck now. It’s all for tourists. I used to get it to go work. A ferry service will definitely happen to the ground 

Supply and demand mate. If there’s a match day special or something similar it’ll rake in cash and would, hopefully, bring prices for other days down

5 hours ago, Matt said:

As for the 20-30k... I'm wondering if they're expecting half the capacity will walk to the centre, and this is only concentrating on bus/car traffic? Otherwise I really don't understand that number.

I read it as that number getting out just on roads given the current infrastructure would be a nightmare (probably nearly as bad as getting out of Vernon Sangster car park is now). 

6 hours ago, johnh said:

I've heard a rumour that the HS2 route is being diverted to Bramley Moor Dock so that Mark Clattenburg can get out of town quicker after giving two penalties and a red card against Everton.

I bet Clattenberg would miss it though 

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Things are starting to move, planning application going in and we hope to start the season 2022 at the new Stadium.

Brilliant news. Is that official news? If so, that’s excitig news!

Telegraph Sport says:  EVERTON STADIUM DELAY.   Everton will wait at least another 12 months before submitting a planning application...................after starting a one-year public consultation process.  A move to Bramley Moor Dock will not happen until at least the beginning of the 2023-24 season.................The club is also re-evaluating earlier plans to partially fund the construction with a £250 million loan secured by Liverpool City Council.

So the planning application is a year away and the funding is back to square one.

6 minutes ago, johnh said:

Telegraph Sport says:  EVERTON STADIUM DELAY.   Everton will wait at least another 12 months before submitting a planning application...................after starting a one-year public consultation process.  A move to Bramley Moor Dock will not happen until at least the beginning of the 2023-24 season.................The club is also re-evaluating earlier plans to partially fund the construction with a £250 million loan secured by Liverpool City Council.

So the planning application is a year away and the funding is back to square one.

Not necessarily, we are looking at going a private funding route, the council option is still there. If we are looking at private funding my guess is we have plenty of options we can chose from otherwise we wouldn't be pulling out of the council deal. I would say we are progressing instead of being back at square one.

When you read the whole article, the planning permission has been delayed as we understand that if it gets rejected, we have to look for another site.

So it’s imperative that we get it right. 12 months could save us another ten years. obviously negative people will look at it in a different way.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

When you read the whole article, the planning permission has been delayed as we understand that if it gets rejected, we have to look for another site.

So it’s imperative that we get it right. 12 months could save us another ten years. obviously negative people will look at it in a different way.

I'm absolutely fine with how we're playing this.

Obviously it's different, but we don't want another Kirkby debacle that ends up costing us a shit load of money with nothing at the end of it.

7 hours ago, johnh said:

Did you not bother to read the article? It stated planning permission will be sought in second half of next year following public consultation. So that article is working on the assumption that it’ll be at the end of that period. This is typical sensationalist journalism to make a headline.  I’m not sure you can have a delay when Everton hasn’t given a definitive timeline.