IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

You don't know the full story Pad.

During the golden spell of the 80s Kendall was rumoured to be wanted by Barca, and he was under the impression that he had got the job, so he immediately sold them Lineker thinking he would be following him but it never came about, so he had to settle for Athletic Bilbao.

If I was a manager I would want to have one of the best goalscorers in world football in my team, and in that season lineker was one of the best.

I met Gary at Queenwood golf club when playing there with David Howell, they are very good friends so joined him for breakfast.

The main topic of conversation was golf and football, when I mentioned that I was an Everton supporter he didn't respond, I got the distinct feeling that he had no emotional connection for the club.

After that meeting it brought it more to my attention that on MOTD he openly discusses his affection for Leicester and Spurs and his time spent there, but never mentions his time spent with us even on derby days.

My point being I don't think careless if a road around the new stadium was named in his honour.

I met Gary at Queenwood golf club when playing there with David Howell, they are very good friends so joined him for breakfast.

The main topic of conversation was golf and football, when I mentioned that I was an Everton supporter he didn't respond, I got the distinct feeling that he had no emotional connection for the club.

After that meeting it brought it more to my attention that on MOTD he openly discusses his affection for Leicester and Spurs and his time spent there, but never mentions his time spent with us even on derby days.

My point being I don't think careless if a road around the new stadium was named in his honour.

But he is on record as saying that that season's Everton were the best team he ever played in.

“I was only on Merseyside a short time, nine or 10 months in total really, but it was still a happy time personally, while professionally it was one of the most successful periods of my career,” he says.
“I still have an affinity towards Everton.
“Why don’t I talk about them more often? I do my best, but I’m a presenter rather than a pundit so I have to try and be more objective than some other people!
“But I still try and do it in more subtle ways, and I do try to have a dig at Hansen and Lawrenson whenever I can.
“There’s no doubt at all that Everton was the best team I ever played in."

MikeO never seen that article before but after reading it I stand by what I said, he has been asked the question about his time at Everton by I presume a reporter from the Echo so he has given the only answer he could under the circumstances.

When it was suggested he never talks about his time at Everton he gave a very poor answer, about being a professional presenter and trying to give it to Hanson and Lorro when he could, never ever remember seeing that, but remember him talking about Leicester and Spurs frequently.

Perhaps Haf could try and find out the stats on how often he mentioned in public playing for us, compared to playing for Leicester, Spurs and Barcelona I have a feeling we would be disappointed.

You don't know the full story Pad.

During the golden spell of the 80s Kendall was rumoured to be wanted by Barca, and he was under the impression that he had got the job, so he immediately sold them Lineker thinking he would be following him but it never came about, so he had to settle for Athletic Bilbao.

If I was a manager I would want to have one of the best goalscorers in world football in my team, and in that season lineker was one of the best.

Billdon't be so presumptious mate, of course I know the story, everyone knows Kendall thought he was getting the Barca gig. Point I''m making is Lineker has no emotional attachment here, he creams over Tottenhambut never mentions us.

The notionof giving a plaxer who played one season road name of any new potential stadium is absolutely ludicrous.

Billdon't be so presumptious mate, of course I know the story, everyone knows Kendall thought he was getting the Barca gig. Point I''m making is Lineker has no emotional attachment here, he creams over Tottenhambut never mentions us.

The notionof giving a plaxer who played one season road name of any new potential stadium is absolutely ludicrous.

I have always thought that Lineker has spoken favourably about his time at Everton and so I don't believe he has no emotional attachment to the club , however I do agree that it would be ludicrous to to start naming any area of the ground after a player who was only here for one season

I have always thought that Lineker has spoken favourably about his time at Everton and so I don't believe he has no emotional attachment to the club , however I do agree that it would be ludicrous to to start naming any area of the ground after a player who was only here for one season

He barely mentions us wen talking about hs career he just gushes oer Tottenham.

He's from Leicester, they are his club so he will be favourable to them. He spent three years at Spurs and only one at Everton so he probably feels more of a connection to them than he does us. It's not like he gets on Tv and starts slagging Everton off.

He can like who he wants, I don't expect him or care if he loves us. I'm just giving reasons why it's ridiculous to even consider naming a road at our ground after him.