Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Maybe the most extreme difference from one side of the Atlantic to the other is venison. In Britain, it’s an expensive connoisseur meat because all deer are owned by the crown. In the US, it’s road kill and free. :)

for real steve?  yeah the deer are so overpopulated where i live they hire professionals at the end of hunting season to go kill a bunch of them to keep the overpopulation down.  a lot of people don't eat it due to the "gamey" taste if it's not field dressed immediately after kill.  a lot of deer and hunters where i live.  (not one myself)

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Mark: have you ever tasted hedgehog flavored chips (crisps)? They were all the rage when I was at university.

never heard of that, is hedgehog popular to eat in the uk?

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

for real steve?  yeah the deer are so overpopulated where i live they hire professionals at the end of hunting season to go kill a bunch of them to keep the overpopulation down.  a lot of people don't eat it due to the "gamey" taste if it's not field dressed immediately after kill.  a lot of deer and hunters where i live.  (not one myself)

Hedgehog is very popular, particularly since the economic downturn, its cheap and readily available, I'm not too keen though, it sticks in my throat a bit too much.

51 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Is it bollocks!!! Steve's not from the UK. He's from a separate piece of rock called Cornwall. Clearly all weirdos.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Cornish Steve is 1 Pasty short of a picnic. 😀

you leave my celtic cousin alone    hedgehog is mostly remembered as a Romany food, the crisps were a novelty item, and mushy peas were sent from heaven (I particularly like the minted variety)  youngsters these days seem to enjoy cheesy chips?????? go figure.  (oh and "cheeky vimto")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeky_Vimto

7 hours ago, rubecula said:

you leave my celtic cousin alone    hedgehog is mostly remembered as a Romany food, the crisps were a novelty item, and mushy peas were sent from heaven (I particularly like the minted variety)  youngsters these days seem to enjoy cheesy chips?????? go figure.  (oh and "cheeky vimto")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeky_Vimto

Remembered as Romey’s food! If you don’t mind I might give hedgehog pancakes a miss. ..........saying that it’s been a while since I last saw one squashed 🤔

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Remembered as Romey’s food! If you don’t mind I might give hedgehog pancakes a miss. ..........saying that it’s been a while since I last saw one squashed 🤔

sadly it is a long time since I saw one at all  (alive or dead):(

On 15/07/2018 at 00:50, Cornish Steve said:

Just digressing.  This reminded me.  I was once on a corporate 'do' in St. Tropez, run by Ford.  They had Jasper Carrot there as the entertainer.  There was a billiards table in the hotel where we stayed but it had no pockets.  Apparently, its a form of billiards called 'Carom'.  You play for canons.  Anyway, I played carom in a fourball which included Jasper Carrot.  He did the after-dinner speech and, as usual, was very funny.  He is a far better comedian than he is a carom player!

On 14/07/2018 at 23:28, markjazzbassist said:

https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/hedgehog-flavoured-crisps?page=3

The meat comes with all-natural cocktail sticks.

One food you will not get in usa will be this:

See the source image

a nice tasty hot meal with chips or mash if you like them  or worse than balls of pig shit if you don't

I personally like bratwurst mit mayo und frites bitte

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

I didn't believe in God until now; he must exist if he's kept this away far away from me.

big meaty spicy meatballs in a lovely thick gravy

4 minutes ago, John Burns said:

No stadium design yet and no firm commitment to Bramley Moore Dock.  The site is way too small for large stadium suitable for EFC. 

John. There is a lot of progress made. They have looked at designs, they just haven’t finalised one and submitted it. I was semi agreeing with you up until our new CEO spoke.

Guest John Burns

No stadium design yet and no firm commitment to Bramley Moore Dock.  The site is way too small for a  large stadium suitable for EFC. 

If Usmanov buys into EFC then matters will move and big time, and that means dropping this small inaccessible stadium in a windswept dock. 

10 minutes ago, John Burns said:

No stadium design yet and no firm commitment to Bramley Moore Dock.  The site is way too small for large stadium suitable for EFC. 

Crikey. Here she comes to put a downer on an exciting day.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/18-19/news/37201.html

Him saying all this actually makes me worry, rather than reassure me.

not sure why mate it is just his opinion after all.

besides :

"I don't have to tell you the commitment he's given to Everton in terms of time and finance and he's put hundreds of millions in the club," Kenwright said of Moshiri, "and I think there was a part of him now wanted that extra shareholding with the new stadium coming up.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/09/13/colin-chong

Understandably, a lot has also been said about funding. Like all developments of this size and nature, the funding is complex. We have a number of options available to us. Liverpool City Council is one of those options and there are other opportunities we are exploring too. Any deal we do will be the best deal for Everton Football Club.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11522955/everton-look-to-learn-from-rival-mistakes-with-new-stadium-plans

Bit concerned by this quote 

It is a very long-term project and it will take several years before we move."

perhaps it is a long term to make a substantial profit and not necessarily  before we move in?

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

We already k ow it will be several years don’t we? I mean.... they haven’t even submitted planning yet.

Not really no. It was only the other day that the club reiterated the aim to be in the new stadium for the start of the 2022 season 

I suppose it boils down to your interpretation of ‘several years’

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think this discussion has popped up somewhere before, one is single, two is a couple, and three is several. 👍

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me.

Anyway, finances aren't all in order yet, no planning permission or designs released (that we know of), and then construction is a minimum 2 years. Then there's all the infrastructure that needs to be put in place around it... It'll be 3 years minimum after we've gotten everything approved and ready to go in my non-expert opinion. 2022? That will be impressive.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me

I've never quantified either myself; according to the dictionary "few" is 'a small number of' although that could be quite a high number as in 'a club with as few as 20 members' while "several" is 'more than two but not many'.

I think is just down to what our parents tell us.

56 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm with @Matt , couple is 2, few is 3, several is 4+.  which is correct per dunc's comment, 2022 is 4 years from now.  nothing story.

But you're an American so your opinion on the English language is meaningless:P.

13 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

A few V&T's or several V&T's?

I think a "few" is relative and can be quite a high number whereas "several" is not relative and is always a low number, just my thoughts but obviously I'm rightB).

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Yes, in Englad the life of a stadium is calculated in centuries, not years like in the US.

so true  they get a stadium in Britain …. AND actually allow the patrons to get used to it...…:P