IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

It has to be a 60,000 seater with a view to expand. Everton can quite easily attract that many fans.

With reasonable season ticket prices and much improved match day experience it will attract many more fans to the club.

Being located in the city centre on the docks just makes it so much easier for people to get to the game. As much as we might berate other clubs for their tourist fans, we need them to come to Everton too.

A water front stadium will be a massive attraction to visiting tourists and as time goes by more and more people will want to have a piece of the pie.

Corporate events too. If you are arranging corporate hospitality where would you want to be? On the docks of the River Mersey, a World Heritage Site with fabulous views and facilities, or some back street housing estate?

I know where I would choose to entertain my corporate guests.

Everton's highest ever attendance was in 62-63 with an average of 51,603. So even the club was arguably the big club and one of the biggest in the country *and* tickets were cheap as chips *and* matches were not televised *and* people didn't have as many other ways to spend their time the attendace was still over 8000 short of that 60,000.

Everton's highest ever attendance was in 62-63 with an average of 51,603. So even the club was arguably the big club and one of the biggest in the country *and* tickets were cheap as chips *and* matches were not televised *and* people didn't have as many other ways to spend their time the attendace was still over 8000 short of that 60,000.

And what was the highest average attendance in the country at that time vs that of today? How many people were going to games then vs today?

I don't know but you can only compare if you are doing full like for like.

Apart from the Echo, there's no noise anywhere.

Wouldn't the club give some announcement of a press conference or something with more than just a few hours spare???

Said this earier. Biggest announcement by EFC in arguably 125 years and virtually zero journos on it??

And what was the highest average attendance in the country at that time vs that of today? How many people were going to games then vs today?

I don't know but you can only compare if you are doing full like for like.

It's hard to compare because First Division at the time were different as were the stadiums for many clubs. Highest attendances in England were seen after the war and in the first half of the 50's. Highest ever average attendance in the First Division / Premier League was in 1949, 38.792. Currently the averages are low 36.000's.

Said this earier. Biggest announcement by EFC in arguably 125 years and virtually zero journos on it??

Yeah. I've been thinking it's too quiet from the club as the day has come. Now we are here, by the hour, nothing!

But let's be honest, it's all come from Twitter rumours anyway! And, of course, Mayor Anderson having his play time on there!

It's hard to compare because First Division at the time were different as were the stadiums for many clubs. Highest attendances in England were seen after the war and in the first half of the 50's. Highest ever average attendance in the First Division / Premier League was in 1949, 38.792. Currently the averages are low 36.000's.

I genuinely expected that more people would be watching today than 60 years ago!

It's starting to break all over now. Alls that's happened is we have agreed a deal with Peel for the land - that's it.

No planning application has been submitted and wont be until we have the funding in place which is expected to be the end of 2017.

Anyone who was expecting anymore than that is going to be disappointed.

It's starting to break all over now. Alls that's happened is we have agreed a deal with Peel for the land - that's it.

No planning application has been submitted and wont be until we have the funding in place which is expected to be the end of 2017.

Anyone who was expecting anymore than that is going to be disappointed.

that's still a great start.

I genuinely expected that more people would be watching today than 60 years ago!

Why? Tickets back then were affordable to everyone. You couldn't buy a Sky subscription, only way to watch football was to go to the match. And there were far fewer other forms of entertainment available to everyone.

It's not news though mate, the land was always for sale if wevwanted it, the purchase will still be dependant on us having the money to build it which by the looks of the initial reports coming out we don't have yet.

actually the land wasn't for sale that's the point. PEEL owned it and were going to develop it. We have apparently worked out a deal to secure that land so we have a prime target to build. That is a big coup. Funding is easy, Moshiri has plenty of money and great credit with banks, i'm sure Everton's standing now that he's cleared the debt, has good standing as well.