Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

What I object to is the possibility that the 15000 seats will be executive seats

I’d expect the vast majority of additional seats to be regular seats, an extra 15,000 executive seats wouldn’t be filled. They have already discussed wanting to get as many “normal” supporters in as possible, so I don’t think you need to worry mate. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

no pressure on the stadium to be amazing, but Spurs have really set the standard. 

Very impressive, but looks a little sterile. I guess that's to be expected though, just hope ours has a bit more character to it.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very impressive, but looks a little sterile. I guess that's to be expected though, just hope ours has a bit more character to it.

I agree mate, lots of nice touches in there, I hope we do too. 

The things Meis mentioned like the Leict latticework being used as the front of a long bar inside the stands, and 1878 wooden seats from the Bullens being used in a section would add to all that for me. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

The things Meis mentioned like the Leict latticework being used as the front of a long bar inside the stands, and 1878 wooden seats from the Bullens being used in a section would add to all that for me. 

Aye. I've got faith in him, just getting a bit impatient :D

20 hours ago, StevO said:

It seems they are using the council money from what Moshiri said...

"I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit, we will complete the stadium. We will raise £350m through the city, the naming rights will be some more. There is an equity gap of £100m. This club is sufficiently robust to see this project through. 

"If we want a big club we need a modern stadium."

Not sure which part of that quote makes you think we are borrowing from the council but if it’s the’through the city’ bit I think he’s referring to the business sector at her than the city off Liverpool 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d expect the vast majority of additional seats to be regular seats, an extra 15,000 executive seats wouldn’t be filled. They have already discussed wanting to get as many “normal” supporters in as possible, so I don’t think you need to worry mate. 

Since when have Evertonians been normal?!!

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not sure which part of that quote makes you think we are borrowing from the council but if it’s the’through the city’ bit I think he’s referring to the business sector at her than the city off Liverpool 

Didn’t think of it that way mate, think it could be either. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t agree knowing my luck Id get allocated one of them wooden seats as my season ticket! 

11 hours ago, barryj said:

I don’t agree knowing my luck Id get allocated one of them wooden seats as my season ticket! 

I hope you do Barry 😂

i just think it’s a really nice touch. 

I forgot to say Dunc, after our chat about safe standing. I think it was Keith Harris mentioned we could gain 10,000 more seats from the standing, looks like you were right on that one. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

I forgot to say Dunc, after our chat about safe standing. I think it was Keith Harris mentioned we could gain 10,000 more seats from the standing, looks like you were right on that one. 

That made me chuckle because that's the 10K "expansion" they mentioned in the original information release.

Nice politician move because that's not an expansion in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

That made me chuckle because that's the 10K "expansion" they mentioned in the original information release.

Nice politician move because that's not an expansion in the slightest.

I agree mate, now I’m expecting a 20k increase 😂

sorry I was delayed in Liverpool lol

anyway back to my point about the seats,  I am not worried so much as badly disappointed by the number of seats extra

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:24, StevO said:

if they wanted as many normal seats as possible they would not have gone for such a small new stadium.  small stadium =  small mentality = small ambition = small club mentality = small chance of success =  small chance of getting it filled due to cost of tickets 

I want a start finish date it's only chance I'm going to get if I want a season ticket so if it takes to long I could be tits up before it's done, unless someone is not sure about renewing next year then I would pay for their ticket and let them use it when I couldn't make it and that would probably be somewhere near 50% plus of the games.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah they have made a huge mess of their stadium.  the delays are just staggering.

It’ll be worth it when they get in. I think they were too ambitious in the first place. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

It’ll be worth it when they get in. I think they were too ambitious in the first place. 

yeah the thing that gets me is the unrealistic deadlines.  had they just been more honest in the begining it woulnd't be a mess.   but by saying every 3 months it will be open in 3 months makes it so much worse.  last year they should have just said it will be 2 years at wembley, they would have taken the hit PR wise and then it would be over.  it seems they take a hit PR wise every couples months now because they keep delaying it.  Levy is good with the player sales but apparently awful at project management.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have a feeling that we’ll see early drafts once the transfer window opens, either as an incentive for new signings, reassurance after this season or a distraction to a quiet transfer window...

be nice if we get the stuff sorted before it makes no difference

21 hours ago, Matt said:

I have a feeling that we’ll see early drafts once the transfer window opens, either as an incentive for new signings, reassurance after this season or a distraction to a quiet transfer window...

The timeline is for designs in the summer anyway isn’t it?

19 hours ago, StevO said:

The timeline is for designs in the summer anyway isn’t it?

Rumours of it, but there's no fixed date so far as I've read. I can't see the designs changing dramatically in a couple of months, so would make sense that they bring forward the release to try and boost the mood before the end of the season / beginning of the TW 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Rumours of it, but there's no fixed date so far as I've read. I can't see the designs changing dramatically in a couple of months, so would make sense that they bring forward the release to try and boost the mood before the end of the season / beginning of the TW 

It’s not rumours, it’s mentioned in the results of the survey. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s not rumours, it’s mentioned in the results of the survey. 

Until there’s a fixed date it’s an official rumour. Either my point stands you pendantic sod :shakingfist:

On 12/02/2019 at 21:53, Matt said:

Your prediction came true if not a little earlier! 

After looking through I’m quite happy. Didn’t expect a fully world class from head to toe like Spurs have gone for. It looks a good size, looking at the other stadium comparisons it’s good how close all of the fans will be to the pitch. The one thing I hate about modern stadiums where the tiers don’t overlap is the distance half of the fans are from the pitch, no one wants to be sat miles away. 

Im sure we will see more nice little touches when a full plan is revealed that make it more about the heritage of the site and the history of the club. 

Not a bad first look. Wouldn’t be surprised if the club made the leak happen to get us talking about something other than the results. 

52,000.... if the club deliver the level of football and ambitions we want and they say they are aiming for the 52k will be too small.  

Our club whilst being a big club with a good attendance is one of the true sleeping giants.  Loads of Evertonians arent match goers - fans who live outside of the 30 minute travel time will start going when the ability to drive, park and watch without restricted views becomes available. 

15 minutes ago, hafnia said:

52,000.... if the club deliver the level of football and ambitions we want and they say they are aiming for the 52k will be too small.  

Our club whilst being a big club with a good attendance is one of the true sleeping giants.  Loads of Evertonians arent match goers - fans who live outside of the 30 minute travel time will start going when the ability to drive, park and watch without restricted views becomes available. 

I agree - I don’t want it rediculously oversized but min 55k to 60k would be my preferred size.