Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

Recommended Posts

I reiterate: income from a few thousand regular seats is pretty much a non-issue. Revenue is about 200 million, a million extra per year isn'tt going to make the club more competitive. And there are risks involved, such as if there are always empty spaces, people buy less season tickets. And of course it costs quite a lot extra.

And once standing is allowed again, there is scope for an extra 10k seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Makis said:

I reiterate: income from a few thousand regular seats is pretty much a non-issue. Revenue is about 200 million, a million extra per year isn'ttt going to make the club more competitive. And there are risks involved, such as if there are always empty spaces, people buy less season tickets. And of course it costs quite a lot extra.

And once standing is allowed again, there is scope for an extra 10k seats.

Couldn’t agree more in relation to revenue. However size of stadium is more than that! My opinion (& it’s only that) is that we can fill a bigger stadium and if we gain success then it’ll definitely be filled. Aim high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like bigger, but I can live with 52k. If legislation allows standing and they could get to maybe 57k with standing I would be happier. 

My only worry if it’s bigger is from seeing Middlesbrough and Sunderland with big stadiums that were half empty after the initial boom died down (before the relegations). Even City, they are winning league titles and are based in a city that is absolutely booming and they don’t fill it. 

I’m not so sure we would fill anything as much as 60k on a very regular basis, unless we were competing for the league. Maybe if they made season tickets £250 we would.  

The whole move is a vanity project anyway, it’s expensive and it won’t make the slightest difference to the money available to spend on the squad (unless we have less to spend for a while).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barryj said:

I agree - I don’t want it rediculously oversized but min 55k to 60k would be my preferred size. 

I was at the QPR game when we won the title in 85.... I would guess there was 70k+ in the ground that day. It certainly felt like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barryj said:

Couldn’t agree more in relation to revenue. However size of stadium is more than that! My opinion (& it’s only that) is that we can fill a bigger stadium and if we gain success then it’ll definitely be filled. Aim high. 

I rather not risk building a stadium too big just for the bragging rights. It could be a millstone for the next 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevO said:

Looking at the stadium comparisons I'd like us to extend a bit to match the new Stamford bridge would squeeze in those extra couple of thousand seats. 

Can't fully tell from the prints but looks like it'll be quiet modern looking. Would have preferred a stadium with the old red brick in a similar design to the one he's already done with the viewing window into the stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the inside views it’s a bit basic at the minute but I think when it’s sitting there on the docks and everything around it it’s gonna look amazing. Interested to know what they have planned for Goodison as it’s an absolute shit hole around there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, barryj said:

That’s the one in the pdf document. What are your reasons why you hope it’s not? (Still concept I know) 

Because it looks generic. Like Steve says, more photos would be nice but I was hoping for something with a bit of character to it that would bridge modern and the history of the area instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2019 at 06:54, Matt said:

Because it looks generic. Like Steve says, more photos would be nice but I was hoping for something with a bit of character to it that would bridge modern and the history of the area instead

I appreciate that and there’s little to go on but it’s more traditional that the generic bowl style of the new stadiums. Also there was mention of the old dock wall behind the goal. I’m confident Mr Meis will do it justice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can we have it in front of the goal? Be a great help to the defence and we'd never need to hire a bus to park:).

We'd have to hire Yosser Hughes to re-build it at the other end during half-time.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Can we have it in front of the goal? Be a great help to the defence and we'd never need to hire a bus to park:).

Our defenders would still find a way of conceding, even with a goal all in front!

Probably all fall over each other and create steps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing to think that a player with 373 games for us and with a league champions and FA cup winners medal (and twelve England caps) had to get a job in the docks when he retired, how times have changed!

https://peoples-project.co.uk/everton-reconnects-with-its-heritage-on-liverpool-docks/

(Factual inaccuracy in the piece unfortunately, we didn't lose to Brazil in the quarter final of the World Cup in 1970, we lost to them in a group game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can't see it even coming close to matching Spurs' stadium tbh. That is one hell of a stadium.

Really hoping to be wrong on that - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

They've set the bar high✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Dan Meis also heading up a project here in the states. New stadium for MLS. This could be further evidence of what to expect - on a grander scale of course.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/04/fc-cincinnati-release-new-renderings-west-end-stadium

Really really hope not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to a meeting with my work to discuss access in and out of the stadium snd discuss sponsorship and some other things we’re interested in- this is ( I know we already know) 100% happening. Had a meeting with an architect ( not Dam Meis) but it was more about access in and out- roads, stations etc- the whole of the Dock Rd is closed by where Bramley Moor is atm it wont be long before there’s a spade in the ground- I can absolutely guarantee you all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Went to a meeting with my work to discuss access in and out of the stadium snd discuss sponsorship and some other things we’re interested in- this is ( I know we already know) 100% happening. Had a meeting with an architect ( not Dam Meis) but it was more about access in and out- roads, stations etc- the whole of the Dock Rd is closed by where Bramley Moor is atm it wont be long before there’s a spade in the ground- I can absolutely guarantee you all that.

Ace.... looking at Spurs new stadium makes me excited. Looking forward to my boys being old enough to take them to the game. 

Any talks around ferries from wirral etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ace.... looking at Spurs new stadium makes me excited. Looking forward to my boys being old enough to take them to the game. 

Any talks around ferries from wirral etc? 

It wasn’t really that we were talking about to be honest mate it was transport access for vehicles to get in- it was just road layouts, access pick up- drop off points etc. It was all about access in and out for cars, minibusses etc. 

 

Tbh it was boring as fuck I was like a kid at Christmas the day before and it was the biggest letdown ever- not a single thing to tell other than what I mentioned. It’s defo defo going ahead and the first shovel will be in the ground soon was the best bit of gossip I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

It wasn’t really that we were talking about to be honest mate it was transport access for vehicles to get in- it was just road layouts, access pick up- drop off points etc. It was all about access in and out for cars, minibusses etc. 

 

Tbh it was boring as fuck I was like a kid at Christmas the day before and it was the biggest letdown ever- not a single thing to tell other than what I mentioned. It’s defo defo going ahead and the first shovel will be in the ground soon was the best bit of gossip I got.

What do you do if you don’t mind me asking Pad?

Will you get to actually boast that you worked on the new stadium? 

Even working on access to the new stadium would be something to say... ye, I helped with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

What do you do if you don’t mind me asking Pad?

Will you get to actually boast that you worked on the new stadium? 

Even working on access to the new stadium would be something to say... ye, I helped with that!

I’d rather not say tbh Shukes because if I did everyone would instantly have access to where I worked- No I wont have anything to do ( or the company I work for) the building or involvement in the stadium- we will need access in and out of it with designated points made especially for us which was what the meeting was about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paddock said:

I’d rather not say tbh Shukes because if I did everyone would instantly have access to where I worked- No I wont have anything to do ( or the company I work for) the building or involvement in the stadium- we will need access in and out of it with designated points made especially for us which was what the meeting was about. 

Still pretty cool to have any involvement at all in what could.. will.. turn out to be a historic chapter of our history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Still pretty cool to have any involvement at all in what could.. will.. turn out to be a historic chapter of our history.

Honest to god- it’s not any involvment or input of any kind- we just needed to see how our vehicles could get in and out, how easily accessible it was going to be how the weight of traffic on matchdays would affect us and stuff- itvwas all solely from our own point of view and we had no say in it- best way I can put it is we’ve had our concerns allayed.

Christ, I never meant this to sound like I know anything more than anyone else or I’m involved in any way at all. Ease of access is what it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Honest to god- it’s not any involvment or input of any kind- we just needed to see how our vehicles could get in and out, how easily accessible it was going to be how the weight of traffic on matchdays would affect us and stuff- itvwas all solely from our own point of view and we had no say in it- best way I can put it is we’ve had our concerns allayed.

Christ, I never meant this to sound like I know anything more than anyone else or I’m involved in any way at all. Ease of access is what it was. 

pad how was tea with moshiri?  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paddock said:

Went to a meeting with my work to discuss access in and out of the stadium snd discuss sponsorship and some other things we’re interested in- this is ( I know we already know) 100% happening. Had a meeting with an architect ( not Dam Meis) but it was more about access in and out- roads, stations etc- the whole of the Dock Rd is closed by where Bramley Moor is atm it wont be long before there’s a spade in the ground- I can absolutely guarantee you all that.

 

57 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Honest to god- it’s not any involvment or input of any kind- we just needed to see how our vehicles could get in and out, how easily accessible it was going to be how the weight of traffic on matchdays would affect us and stuff- itvwas all solely from our own point of view and we had no say in it- best way I can put it is we’ve had our concerns allayed.

Christ, I never meant this to sound like I know anything more than anyone else or I’m involved in any way at all. Ease of access is what it was. 

Damn! Thought we had an active mole then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Honest to god- it’s not any involvment or input of any kind- we just needed to see how our vehicles could get in and out, how easily accessible it was going to be how the weight of traffic on matchdays would affect us and stuff- itvwas all solely from our own point of view and we had no say in it- best way I can put it is we’ve had our concerns allayed.

Christ, I never meant this to sound like I know anything more than anyone else or I’m involved in any way at all. Ease of access is what it was. 

Pads ITK!

Any news on incoming transfer targets?

Haha joking aside, just to have to consider that is pretty cool in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Pads ITK!

Any news on incoming transfer targets?

Haha joking aside, just to have to consider that is pretty cool in itself.

It was fucking boring Shukes- I kept thinking John Burns would be shitting bricks right now if he was here listening to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Makis said:

Well, you already hinted what your job might be but I'll say nowt. *taps nose*

Well if you find out you find out- it’s hardly the end of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

was gonna say earlier just do a search he's talked about his job tons of times....

It’s all been a front though!

It’s all coming out now, Pads in the BOARD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Paddock said:

Well if you find out you find out- it’s hardly the end of the world.

Very intrigued tell us what you do or you will be sentenced Guantanamo bay and interrogated :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m hoping we get given a nice glossy brochure on the way into the Burnley game. 

Not expecting it though. 

Judging by the Chelsea game it might be necessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...