Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

19 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Dunc fuck me that brought a tear to my eye l don’t want us to leave after reading that, it’s going to feel like the death of a member of the family the day we go. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Dunc fuck me that brought a tear to my eye l don’t want us to leave after reading that, it’s going to feel like the death of a member of the family the day we go. 

Me too mate, gave me goose bumps reading it. Only downside is it also made me feel old , and lucky , because I was at every match he mentioned !

The 3-0 Andy Johnson derby always brings back good memories because apart from the obvious it was also my wedding day and I still got to go . I married a red as well !

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Me too mate, gave me goose bumps reading it. Only downside is it also made me feel old , and lucky , because I was at every match he mentioned !

The 3-0 Andy Johnson derby always brings back good memories because apart from the obvious it was also my wedding day and I still got to go . I married a red as well !

👏👏👏👏👏for your wife mate how lucky are you. 

Fucking welling up and got goosebumps all over. Then I read the comments off the scum at the bottom. I can’t fucking wait for the day we are truly on the banks of the    real blue Mersey and them lot are sat in their “extended shed” 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just a lot smaller. More of pft than a wave. 

Yeah safe standing helps a lot in regards to capacity. We are not too far behind when they do seated only.  

Copied from wikipedia:
It has a league capacity of 81,365 (standing and seated) and an international capacity of 65,829 (seated only).

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really hope it’s not that cookie-cutter, generic thing in the link

It’s going to be that, too many links for it not to be. 

I’m sure it’ll look much better when the official renderings are released and in the flesh. 

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure it’ll look much better when the official renderings are released and in the flesh. 

It may look prettier but it will be a massive disappointment if true. Going from an iconic stadium to a copy/paste “modern” design is not how i would describe an exciting proposal, especially in such a historical setting

Are you talking about the first two images? That's some sort of demonstration image that was created probably even before Meis started his work.

24 minutes ago, Makis said:

Are you talking about the first two images? That's some sort of demonstration image that was created probably even before Meis started his work.

That’s what I’m hoping for 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I was thinking the same. Too many leaks of that image. 

I do t think it’s bad at all though, but I see what Matts saying, we we’re being happy told we were going to have something groundbreaking to live up our illustrious history.

So unless you see it rise up from under the water of the docks when needed, Thunderbirds style, then it’s very much the same design of many others.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do t think it’s bad at all though, but I see what Matts saying, we we’re being happy told we were going to have something groundbreaking to live up our illustrious history.

So unless you see it rise up from under the water of the docks when needed, Thunderbirds style, then it’s very much the same design of many others.

It’s not just that though. You only need to look at the Echo arena to see how shitty it looks around the docks. These modern designs do not age well at all

I like what I’ve seen of the inside, I like how each stand is different but still looks like the same stadium. I like the roof at the same height all around. I like that one end is massive and the other small. 

I’m not that bothered about the outside, Goodison has been a shit hole on the outside and inside pretty much all my life. If it feels good when I get there I’m not bothered about the looks.

I completely agree with what Matt says about modern designs ageing badly. I’ve got a lot of trust in Meis to make it work though. 

Fully prepared for 26th July and half the fan base hate it. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I like what I’ve seen of the inside, I like how each stand is different but still looks like the same stadium. I like the roof at the same height all around. I like that one end is massive and the other small. 

I’m not that bothered about the outside, Goodison has been a shit hole on the outside and inside pretty much all my life. If it feels good when I get there I’m not bothered about the looks.

I completely agree with what Matt says about modern designs ageing badly. I’ve got a lot of trust in Meis to make it work though. 

Fully prepared for 26th July and half the fan base hate it. 

I’ve got faith in Meis too, but when I keep seeing these stock images I do get nervous. 

Dont agree about Goodison. I love that it’s a bit battered and run down, it shows character and history. The facelift it’s had in recent years has been very much welcomed though :lol: 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Leaks? That image was IIRC posted by the club at the very beginning of the process. And that's still the only picture from the outside there is.

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Leaks? That image was IIRC posted by the club at the very beginning of the process. And that's still the only picture from the outside there is.

Ahh I thought it was leaked from the first get together. My mistake.

Just had a look back and Meis said the stadium will be “brickwork, wood and panels in a contemporary way”

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17193150/everton-new-stadium-dan-meis-design-details-fan-workshops-lucas-oil-stadium-brick-construction

Rather a stadium that fits in with the area than a contemporary design but happy it's confirmed to me brick at least, those pics had me worried. 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Just had a look back and Meis said the stadium will be “brickwork, wood and panels in a contemporary way”

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17193150/everton-new-stadium-dan-meis-design-details-fan-workshops-lucas-oil-stadium-brick-construction

Rather a stadium that fits in with the area than a contemporary design but happy it's confirmed to me brick at least, those pics had me worried. 

I wanted the Lucas oil design straight from the off.... looks class. The article is over 1 year old though. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m too excited to see it, but I’m liking how they are handling it all so far. Giving time scales, sticking to them, lot of information and lots of feedback. 

Between Colin Chong, Denise and Dan Meis, I seem to trust them. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Simple solution, knock down all the eye sores they've built like the musuem of Liverpool and the big ugly cloud building. That said if it was the shite building a stadium there I bet there'd be no problem, hard to say Everton building a stadium is putting the city at risk yet they let a shitty bowl get built like the echo arena. 

I agree with Joe Anderson, even without the stadium the city needs regeneration. 

It can’t be left as a monument to the past by having miles of derelict and empty spaces. It needs to be used to help grow the city. UNESCO would be better served to work alongside the local government and help guide the plans of regeneration, for an area that’s long needed the helping hand. Instead, they just threaten to pull the award. 

Get around a table and have an input!

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with Joe Anderson, even without the stadium the city needs regeneration. 

It can’t be left as a monument to the past by having miles of derelict and empty spaces. It needs to be used to help grow the city. UNESCO would be better served to work alongside the local government and help guide the plans of regeneration, for an area that’s long needed the helping hand. Instead, they just threaten to pull the award. 

Get around a table and have an input!

Are tourists going to stop visiting Liverpool if the plaque goes? I doubt it, so fuck them. 

Liverpool is a working City that needs to support working people and their families with jobs and development for the future, it can’t be treated like a museum or it will slowly die, yes things can be done in a sympathetic way to keep the character of the area but things have to be done, and if UNESCO can’t be flexible in their approach to the prosperity and future of the people of Liverpool then there involvement in the City won’t or shouldn’t be missed.  

A really good move in my opinion. 

I’d seen what Spurs had done and was a bit confused by it, but now I get it I hope we put plenty of it in and the atmosphere is better for it.