IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fc-unesco-bramley-moore-12823416

A football stadium given pride of place on the waterfront would enhance, not detract from, the city’s charm.

If UNESCO fails to recognise this – or if, as it suggested in 2012 when it put the city on its “at risk” list, the Liverpool Waters development as a whole is enough to cost the city its status – then so be it.

John Burns features in the comments. He's not happy.

John is a weapon of the highest order. Not even sorry about saying that.

If we didn't improve the area, who would? We're talking about restoring those items of interest and 'displaying' them on an international stage, how can that be risking Liverpool's heritage? Ironically, it will be enhancing it and showcasing the proud history of the city. A hotel developer might knock it all down?

If we didn't touch it, realistically, it could continue being a disused area. At present it's 'barely' used, so having an institution come in and enhance the area, surely it's a no brainer?

Look, Everton cap off for a minute. IF Liverpool were in our position, i'd certainly be jealous (understatement) but I would see the benefits of the development to the surrounding area. I'd say cudos to them for developing an area in need and saving some buildings of historical importance, instead of bulldozering it all in the name of 'space'.

Honestly don't see the negatives people are suggesting, apart from possibly traffic.

p.s Those who are using the climate change argument to 'scare' Evertonians about losing their stadium to water. They're also ignoring the fact half of London would be submerged, all of Liverpool's 'front' will be gone. I trust the experts to advise accordingly, not Jeff.

Does it mean filling in the dock?

I don't see any land to put the actual stadium?

I believe so, but I think thats a missed opportunity. I want the stadium to be in the dock, lowering the footprint of the ground. It's certainly possible, mabe have to get a Dutch consultant to realise it though

I believe so, but I think thats a missed opportunity. I want the stadium to be in the dock, lowering the footprint of the ground. It's certainly possible, mabe have to get a Dutch consultant to realise it though

as my old boss used to say "i'd like a smaller nose and a full head of hair, some things just aren't possible son"

I agree we would need a Dutch consultant to have a finger in the pie. Sorry, finger in the dyke.

Why would you want the pitch or the ground or both to be sunk? Genuine curiosity mate, Id hazard a guess and say it would incur further costs tbh