Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love it, the concept is great, its going to look amazing.

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

But please do me and yourselves a favour, and do the following 3 things:

1) Have a look at the Destination Kirkby video below.

 

2) Now look at the proposed new stadium video again

3) Go to the closest mirror, and have a word with yourself.

 

 

 

 

 

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love it, the concept is great, its going to look amazing.

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

But please do me and yourselves a favour, and do the following 3 things:

1) Have a look at the Destination Kirkby video below.

 

2) Now look at the proposed new stadium video again

3) Go to the closest mirror, and have a word with yourself.

 

 

 

 

 

What a shit tip that would’ve been. Thank you to everyone that put the effort in to stop that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Talksport haven’t put the story up yet. Surprise surprise. Sky did a piece and the bellend said it was like Fulham only bigger?? What the fuck are these people doing? 

BBC reported it and Goodison, BramleyMoore and Mersey were all trending on Twitter UK (Boris wasn't).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Why Pete? Obviously we all have our own opionions like but what massive opportunity have we missed?

Given it's placement we had the opportunity to make something iconic. Something to join one of the most famous sky lines in the world and we've just put an airport window on the side of a saucepan. For me they should have stayed traditional and fit for the surroundings. They've gone modern though which they'd get away with if it was blow your socks off good but it doesn't scream special to me. No wow factor and won't age well. 

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love it, the concept is great, its going to look amazing.

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

But please do me and yourselves a favour, and do the following 3 things:

1) Have a look at the Destination Kirkby video below.

 

2) Now look at the proposed new stadium video again

3) Go to the closest mirror, and have a word with yourself.

 

 

 

 

 

Now look at the Kings Dock and weep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Massive opportunity pissed down the river. 

 

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Matt didn’t like it from the offset, said about the false brickwork. He then said it goes against the flow? I must be missing something 😂

I assumed it was a play on words in relation to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to live in Manchester. Few miles away from the richest club in the world Man City. Who has been near that ground? It’s a fucking shit hole. There is nothing around it bar an Asda and a tram station. There’s one huge old arse pub that’s it. There’s no trains near it no place for kids to play. It’s on its arse. Granted they don’t worry about that stuff. But this is monumental for our club our kids their kids and the whole of Merseyside. Maybe we will bicker about the bricks or whatever but think about what this means to our whole history and our future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete your missing the point. The water front is the iconic bit. It goes without saying. This was never about us dominating the skyline. It’s about us settling right in where we belong. The rest will come and the skyline will strech long and far now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I used to live in Manchester. Few miles away from the richest club in the world Man City. Who has been near that ground? It’s a fucking shit hole. There is nothing around it bar an Asda and a tram station. There’s one huge old arse pub that’s it. There’s no trains near it no place for kids to play. It’s on its arse. Granted they don’t worry about that stuff. But this is monumental for our club our kids their kids and the whole of Merseyside. Maybe we will bicker about the bricks or whatever but think about what this means to our whole history and our future.

Before city was there all they had was that Asda! City/the shieks have been brilliant for that area. They were ahead of us community wise when I started uni there about 12 years ago. 

 

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete your missing the point. The water front is the iconic bit. It goes without saying. This was never about us dominating the skyline. It’s about us settling right in where we belong. The rest will come and the skyline will strech long and far now 

For me that stadium doesn't suit the skyline, it won't blend in. Not quite the eyesores that have popped up like the echo and the Liverpool museum but still I wanted the club to be part of the skyline naturally rather than stand out for the wrong reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete have you been back there since you have left uni? There is fuck all else around apart from the academy that sells all the young players and the woman’s ground. That’s it?  Its all old industrial area with nothing that connects the club to Manchester 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For me that stadium doesn't suit the skyline, it won't blend in. Not quite the eyesores that have popped up like the echo and the Liverpool museum but still I wanted the club to be part of the skyline naturally rather than stand out for the wrong reasons. 

What natural skyline, the sites a fucking derelict wasteland.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I love it, the concept is great, its going to look amazing.

For those who don't like it, I can appreciate that taste is a personal thing, and the new stadium was never going to make everyone happy.

But please do me and yourselves a favour, and do the following 3 things:

1) Have a look at the Destination Kirkby video below.

 

2) Now look at the proposed new stadium video again

3) Go to the closest mirror, and have a word with yourself.

Comparing shit against potentially a rounded version of shit? I grant you the latest shite promo has a bit more water but dude, speak to yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

enlighten me why it stands out for the wrong reasons?

When you go past the walls it's impressive the heritage stands out. Seems a shame to just build a tin pot with a terminal window. 

I was wanting something closer to this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brick-house-that-meis-built-13133057.amp

44 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete have you been back there since you have left uni? There is fuck all else around apart from the academy that sells all the young players and the woman’s ground. That’s it?  Its all old industrial area with nothing that connects the club to Manchester 

I worked there in the boxes when I was a student. Most the workers there were local kids and happy the stadium was there. 

Just speaking to a friend in the ps4 to lives nearby and he said they've done loads build a college and made cycle of lanes being the things he can think of off the top of his head. 

32 minutes ago, London Blue said:

What natural skyline, the sites a fucking derelict wasteland.  

The buildings next to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Comparing shit against potentially a rounded version of shit? I grant you the latest shite promo has a bit more water but dude, speak to yourself!

Matt, got all the respect in the world for you mate, but you cant compare the two.

Kirkby was a cheap Bolton stadium carbon copy, situated miles from Liverpool, or anything that resembled civilisation.

Our proposed new home is on the banks of the Mersy, it will help regenerate the whole area, while the stadium itself has the fans seated close to the pitch, in high banked stands that will help preserve our atmosphere. 

In my opinion the design is going to be iconic, and compliment the tower already there. Remember that this is just the first design and there will be some changes. 

Realistically this is as good as it gets, and to me it looks pretty damn good.

Oh and Dude?  Matt are you channeling Borris or something? If so seek help now 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

That’s all they’ve done though. I’m not saying your point is wrong. But around the ground there is nothing. U can’t park, there’s the Asda and the tram station that’s it. 

 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You mean the derelict abandoned buildings?

What did you want Pete, the Birdsnest Stadium nestled in the hanging gardens of Babylon?

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

 

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

Pete, on Bramley Moor Dock there is nothing to convert, its an empty site, there is just the old tower, which we are keeping.

I give Whetherspoons credit for preserving our architectural heritage, their chairman is a twat though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your contradicting yourself to death pal. I can’t take u seriously. Your talking about about a hotel that u think is classy that you’ve stayed at but u think an image that you have seen on a screen about the ground  isn’t classy ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pete, on Bramley Moor Dock there is nothing to convert, its an empty site, there is just the old tower, which we are keeping.

I give Whetherspoons credit for preserving our architectural heritage, their chairman is a twat though.

They're keeping the walls and converting the tower. But they're then building a big shell on top of it. Be more fitting to build with similar materials and style. 

Completely agree on Mr brexit. 

54 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Your contradicting yourself to death pal. I can’t take u seriously. Your talking about about a hotel that u think is classy that you’ve stayed at but u think an image that you have seen on a screen about the ground  isn’t classy ? 

No idea what's contradictory about it. The stadium is gonna be modern, Titanic hotel is timeless. Would you rather have a Swiss watch or an apple one? Bear in mind the watch will be on your wrist for the next 100 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure you’ll still turn up to watch the match.

im sure for the last 127 years people didn’t moan too much that Goodison wasn’t very pretty on the outside, or in the same materials at the buildings that were around it on each rebuild. 

By the time we are in there everyone will love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

 

More the one with the two birds on top. 

Titanic hotel is brilliant, they converted an old building next to where Everton are moving and the atmosphere is worth the extra penny to stay there even though its in a derelict industrial estate, it manages to be classy. Meis Everton stadium is far from classy, far from taking the best from the area. Whetherspoons respect heritage sites more. 

I don’t think it mattered what it looked like I could have guessed before today you would like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure you’ll still turn up to watch the match.

im sure for the last 127 years people didn’t moan too much that Goodison wasn’t very pretty on the outside, or in the same materials at the buildings that were around it on each rebuild. 

By the time we are in there everyone will love it. 

I'll still go. Goodison is a historic ground, the wooden seats might creek a little but it's or it should be a must visit sports stadium. First for so many things, intimate, and even stuck behind a pillar most away fans all have visited goodison say good things even though they got beat and were stuck behind a pillar. Goodison has magic, that proposed new stadium doesn't inspire me. I don't think it'll find a soul easily. 

You're right though I'll still be there. And I'll be appreciating not having my view obstructed! 

8 minutes ago, barryj said:

I don’t think it mattered what it looked like I could have guessed before today you would like it. 

From the initial leaked images I said I was worried. Had been hoping got the baseball ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'll still go. Goodison is a historic ground, the wooden seats might creek a little but it's or it should be a must visit sports stadium. First for so many things, intimate, and even stuck behind a pillar most away fans all have visited goodison say good things even though they got beat and were stuck behind a pillar. Goodison has magic, that proposed new stadium doesn't inspire me. I don't think it'll find a soul easily. 

You're right though I'll still be there. And I'll be appreciating not having my view obstructed! 

From the initial leaked images I said I was worried. Had been hoping got the baseball ground. 

See, you pretty much love it already Pete 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand any dissatisfaction.  Think it looks fantastic, like a world class stadium.  Blends old and new very well.

Capacity is a little disappointing, but can understand it and will take them at their word re: ability to increase.  Anyone know if the change to safe standing would have any immediate impact on capacity, or will still be 52k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.a6bb789eaf4aba761f28ef495833ba91.png

 

I think it's incredible and I'm particularly pleased with Dan Meis' enthusiasm for the whole project. It seems to have really made an impression on his career so far. They way his firm is collaborating with the club sounds really constructive and seeing them prioritize the repurposing of Goodison just makes it all the more impressive. 

I don't think I expected to see a reflecting pool in any of these renderings; I'm genuinely surprised for the most part and surprise itself is so rare. In a way I probably expected to be underwhelmed but this definitely isn't boring. I really love the lattice work and the fact that it's visible from most vantage points. It seems both elegant and grounded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Matt, got all the respect in the world for you mate, but you cant compare the two.

Kirkby was a cheap Bolton stadium carbon copy, situated miles from Liverpool, or anything that resembled civilisation.

Our proposed new home is on the banks of the Mersy, it will help regenerate the whole area, while the stadium itself has the fans seated close to the pitch, in high banked stands that will help preserve our atmosphere. 

In my opinion the design is going to be iconic, and compliment the tower already there. Remember that this is just the first design and there will be some changes. 

Realistically this is as good as it gets, and to me it looks pretty damn good.

Oh and Dude?  Matt are you channeling Borris or something? If so seek help now 😱

Sorry man, got a stomach bug so I’m not in the best of moods.

still don’t like the design though. I just hope it looks better in reality and doesn’t end up as an eyesore like the echo arena 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Matt what did u want realistically? 

Something along the lines of the Battersy Power plant conversion that was discussed for Chelsea, but using the old tobacco warehouses as inspiration instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry man, got a stomach bug so I’m not in the best of moods.

still don’t like the design though. I just hope it looks better in reality and doesn’t end up as an eyesore like the echo arena 

No worries mate, 40 degrees heat and stomach bug is not a good combo. Hope you feel better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, London Blue said:

No worries mate, 40 degrees heat and stomach bug is not a good combo. Hope you feel better. 

Thanks man. Hopefully the next renderings of the stadium are better so it can prove my concerns wrong :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thanks mate. 

However, it does confirm my fears of the brick facade at exterior east and southeast, west too. Wonder why we don’t have all the exterior options?

also looks very smart but small inside, but I concede that judging scale on a few photos is pointless. 

I do like the window overlooking the water though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...