IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Just a big fat no to the running track.

If we are to wait for the commonwealth games it would really slow down the move wouldn't it?

Why would we have to wait if the track option was built in? Opens as a football stadium and then can have a track facility implemented as and when needed. Don't see why it'd slow anything down.

I'd have no problem at all with an athletic track if it means the price is subsidized and there's the possibility for generating extra revenue going forward (concerts, etc.). There are several ways to accommodate a track without affecting the atmosphere of the place.

Easy for you to say when you'll not be in attendance often, if ever!

And why would an athletics track be needed to have concerts?

Mike, that's fine if it's a removable track. But if like Eastlands it's built with a track and then converted we would have to wait until after the games.

I'd rather it just be built for football anyway. With Dan Meis talking about it being square rather than bowl shaped I don't think it will have a track.

I also don't see Liverpool getting the commonwealth games either.

Edited by StevO

Essentially, it boils down to whether it's like Man City's Commonwealth Stadium (good) or the London Olympic Stadium (bad).The Commonwealth Games is a two week event. Personally speaking, I've rarely watched it and can only remember watching the bowls at Glasgow in 2014. It's not worth hamstringing a new build football stadium for a two week event.

I'd rather Birmingham won the hosting the rights if it meant no athletics track. ;)

Then would you like to cough up the extra 100 million or so required when you turn away subsidies? In practice, this would mean a smaller and less impressive stadium. We can't have it all ways.

I already pay into the club and have done for decades so I'm entitled to an opinion on it.

I don't want a stadium where the fans are far away from the pitch.

People forgetting our history of being innovators, we have too may firsts to list.

Why can this not be another one? The first football stadium that can morph itself into another revenue stream while still being first and foremost Goodison 2.0 (or whatever). If we can push the boundaries I'm all for it.

People forgetting our history of being innovators, we have too may firsts to list.

Why can this not be another one? The first football stadium that can morph itself into another revenue stream while still being first and foremost Goodison 2.0 (or whatever). If we can push the boundaries I'm all for it.

I'd be all for it myself Mike I just can't see us having the money to create a stadium we all want ie close to the pitch acute tier angles etc and incorporating a track as well, it'll be a hard middle ground to accomplish imo

Ideally we'd have retractable lower seating/tiers that would be over a track but as said it'll be very costly

The designers of Everton's new ground are at the crucial stage of deciding where the bank-rolling corporate hospitality seats should be situated.

The middle ring of boxes around the ground at Wembley is seen as diluting the atmosphere and the preference now is for restaurant hospitality to go with the corporate ticket rather than boxes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4412978/Doubts-arise-600m-TV-deal-FA-Cup.html

The above post was obviously in jest, but I remember my granddad taking me and my brother to watch baseball at Goodison. It didn't catch on and the highlight on the day was a guy, a few rows in front of us, being hit on the head with the baseball. This would be about 1947'ish. Any other odd sports taken place at Goodison?

Edited by johnh

The above post was obviously in jest, but I remember my granddad taking me and my brother to watch baseball at Goodison. It didn't catch on and the highlight on the day was a guy, a few rows in front of us, being hit on the head with the baseball. This would be about 1947'ish. Any other odd sports taken place at Goodison?

A Spaniard tried to introduce his native sport tiki taka.

Stonebridge Cross has a new development in store.

Stoford Developments and Gallan Group have announced that the 1.2m sq ft redevelopment of a key employment site at Stonebridge Cross in Liverpool. The announcement comes after Everton FC’s decision to build its new stadium at an alternative site, Bramley Moore Dock.

http://www.shdlogistics.com/news/site-earmarked-for-everton-fcs-new-stadium-to-be-developed-for-warehouse