Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

Recommended Posts

From my understanding it is a "naming option". If it is what I think then effectively this is the minimum we can expect. Should a better offer come in for the naming rights then we take that but if not then USM will do it for £30m.

It's just Usmanov ensuring we get a good deal. Any future deals will have to be better than this now.

Edit.

I've been told that Spurs are still unable to find a sponsor for their stadium and are asking for £20m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

From my understanding it is a "naming option". If it is what I think then effectively this is the minimum we can expect. Should a better offer come in for the naming rights then we take that but if not then USM will do it for £30m.

It's just Usmanov ensuring we get a good deal. Any future deals will have to be better than this now.

Edit.

I've been told that Spurs are still unable to find a sponsor for their stadium and are asking for £20m

Is that per year? It must be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

😂😂😂 Usmanov has paid £30million just for the naming contract rights...then he'll pay stupid money for the actual naming rights. No coincidence this is announced at the same time as we reveal accounts with a £118mill loss.

Clever bastards these lot.

Absolutely and this is why he isn't buying shares in the club else it would be a conflict of interests. Usmanov has no stake in the club at all, he just sponsors things at his own discretion. It's really crafty but perfectly above board.

Possibly once the club is in a better financial position, thanks to his incredibly generous sponsorships he may choose to purchase shares in the club. I would assume this is his plan as he won't be pumping money into the club for no good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s obvious they are worried about “plucky little Everton” upsetting the apple cart. A spanking new stadium on a world heritage waterfront just won’t do. Especially as London becomes less and less desirable a place to live. Mesut Ozil being chased around by machete wielding thugs comes to mind.

Liverpool, unlike most major cities, still retains it’s core identity and hasn’t fully succumbed to the commercialism and internationalism that make most modern cities cold and uninspiring.

In ten years time Everton and the whole city of Liverpool could look very different. Expansion of the docks, redevelopment of brownfield sites etc could mean an inevitable shift in the centre of gravity in the whole country that I think many in the South are a bit concerned about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Standard business. 
We will let them in and be open, and they will find nothing wrong. Move on all.

If it was paying for the actual naming rights, I wouldn’t be worried. But £30m for first refusal is nuts and not at all standard (at least in the amount)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Matt said:

If it was paying for the actual naming rights, I wouldn’t be worried. But £30m for first refusal is nuts and not at all standard (at least in the amount)

The club seem confident that nothing is untoward though. I’m confident the layers have looked at it. 
Though I suppose this is Everton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The club seem confident that nothing is untoward though. I’m confident the layers have looked at it. 
Though I suppose this is Everton. 

Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve been told something only to be caught out though. Dunno, just to have the first say is just making me uncomfortable for the amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, London Blue said:

If you can have clubs paying money on having the first option to buy a player then you can do the same with naming rights.

That’s usually a clause in a sell on contract though, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 16:59, TallPaul1878 said:

It’s obvious they are worried about “plucky little Everton” upsetting the apple cart. A spanking new stadium on a world heritage waterfront just won’t do. Especially as London becomes less and less desirable a place to live. Mesut Ozil being chased around by machete wielding thugs comes to mind.

Liverpool, unlike most major cities, still retains it’s core identity and hasn’t fully succumbed to the commercialism and internationalism that make most modern cities cold and uninspiring.

In ten years time Everton and the whole city of Liverpool could look very different. Expansion of the docks, redevelopment of brownfield sites etc could mean an inevitable shift in the centre of gravity in the whole country that I think many in the South are a bit concerned about.

I was born in Newcastle made in Swindon, I would love to live up north but unfortunately my Mrs is a southern softy and having none of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was born in Newcastle made in Swindon, I would love to live up north but unfortunately my Mrs is a southern softy and having none of it. 

I'd happily move up there also; have never owned my own home and could've bought something decent up there outright with what my mum left me three years back, but with all the kids and grand-kids down here wife wasn't having it. No chance of getting anything remotely decent down here with what we had:(.

My own fault because I've made some very daft decisions in my life when I've been in a financial position to buy with ease; eg I could've bought our second rental in Devon in 1998 for £20k, it's now valued on "Zoopla" at more than £200k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I'd happily move up there also; have never owned my own home and could've bought something decent up there outright with what my mum left me three years back, but with all the kids and grand-kids down here wife wasn't having it. No chance of getting anything remotely decent down here with what we had:(.

My own fault because I've made some very daft decisions in my life when I've been in a financial position to buy with ease; eg I could've bought our second rental in Devon in 1998 for £20k, it's now valued on "Zoopla" at more than £200k.

seems strange mike, i thought you lived in a very rural area, wouldn't the home values in Devon be cheap because it's so far removed from the bigger cities which yield the higher property rates?  that's how it work in america, the further out of the city the cheaper it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

seems strange mike, i thought you lived in a very rural area, wouldn't the home values in Devon be cheap because it's so far removed from the bigger cities which yield the higher property rates?  that's how it work in america, the further out of the city the cheaper it is.

Huge amount of holiday "second homers" down here Mark, and where we are is prime commuter belt for Exeter and Taunton, plus Plymouth and even Bristol if you go a bit further afield. Not London prices obviously but out of our reach. When my mother-in-law goes (and I hope that's many years in the future) we'll certainly be able to afford something very nice; she actually said to me very recently that she'd happily advance us part of our inheritance to buy somewhere but wife won't have it, I understand her reasoning/emotion because she doesn't want to be seen to be "after the cash" while her mum's still alive so it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

seems strange mike, i thought you lived in a very rural area, wouldn't the home values in Devon be cheap because it's so far removed from the bigger cities which yield the higher property rates?  that's how it work in america, the further out of the city the cheaper it is.

You’ve got load of space over there Mark, we’re running out of land here! 
I’m sure there will be some anomalies in the states too. Places like the Hamptons must surely be very expensive but out of the city?

I live away from my parents, the village they live in my house would be a couple of hundred grand more, and that’s in the north. Up here in Lancashire we can pick up a bargain. But then my family in Florida could buy a small mansion for the cost of my house. They all live in huge bungalows for probably the cost of my windows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'd happily move up there also; have never owned my own home and could've bought something decent up there outright with what my mum left me three years back, but with all the kids and grand-kids down here wife wasn't having it. No chance of getting anything remotely decent down here with what we had:(.

My own fault because I've made some very daft decisions in my life when I've been in a financial position to buy with ease; eg I could've bought our second rental in Devon in 1998 for £20k, it's now valued on "Zoopla" at more than £200k.

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

Nobody likes a big head 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Huge amount of holiday "second homers" down here Mark, and where we are is prime commuter belt for Exeter and Taunton, plus Plymouth and even Bristol if you go a bit further afield. Not London prices obviously but out of our reach. When my mother-in-law goes (and I hope that's many years in the future) we'll certainly be able to afford something very nice; she actually said to me very recently that she'd happily advance us part of our inheritance to buy somewhere but wife won't have it, I understand her reasoning/emotion because she doesn't want to be seen to be "after the cash" while her mum's still alive so it is what it is.

very interesting mike, i forget that even the south of england is weather wise more attractive than the north or london for that matter.  

1 hour ago, StevO said:

You’ve got load of space over there Mark, we’re running out of land here! 
I’m sure there will be some anomalies in the states too. Places like the Hamptons must surely be very expensive but out of the city?

I live away from my parents, the village they live in my house would be a couple of hundred grand more, and that’s in the north. Up here in Lancashire we can pick up a bargain. But then my family in Florida could buy a small mansion for the cost of my house. They all live in huge bungalows for probably the cost of my windows. 

yes and yes, i just meant i knew he lived in devon and i thought it was not a popular place, when he said the vacation homes, now it makes sense. good weather and the "quaint countryside" are nice marketing, we have areas like that in the states as well, so once he mentioned that it immediately made sense.

 

yeah the suburbs can be pricey if you wanna live in the rich ones (i'm sure just like england).  but if you move out past the suburbs into the country land is plentiful and cheap because no one wants to drive 1 hour or more, one direction to work.  that would be 2 hours a day in your car.  the cities are so spread out it's a thing.  i work with a lady who lives 90 minute drive away, but where she lives there's no good jobs so she has to make the drive.

 

yes depending on where you live you can get "McMansions" as they are called for cheap.  new construction has a bad reputation over here though, very cheaply made and stuff having issues within a decade or so.  i live in a 100+ year old home that i was able to buy.  it's a working class neighborhood (i am working class as well) so i was able to afford it (with a little help from my parents thankfully), but no one wants the old homes.  americans love brand new bigger and better.  worked to my advantage.  the old ones they were built the right way with top notch materials my home inspector told me, he said i made a wise choice and shouldn't have any issues with the structure.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

holy shit 900k?  palfy is a millionaire!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

I'm made up for you Palf, really I am.

GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, London Blue said:

When we knew we were having a baby we knew we had to move out of our 1 and a 1/2 bed flat in Islington, which I loved as it was so practical and in a great location. Our landlord is a real gent, we had lived there for 11 years and never had a rent increase, but to buy that flat would cost over £600,000, impossible for 2 public sector workers.

Moving to Essex 40 miles from London we could afford a 3 bed new build house with "help to buy". House prices are crazy in the UK.

As a trained economist I could bore you to tears with the reasons why (as I have done to my wife, family and friends since we started house hunting!!) but I will save you that.

Used help to buy twice, my families life would be very different without it. 
 

mark, I drive an hour and a half to work, and it’s only 24 miles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m on my mums couch so fuck all of you rich bastards 😩😂😂😂

I bet you’re getting fed properly though aren’t you mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, StevO said:

Used help to buy twice, my families life would be very different without it. 
 

mark, I drive an hour and a half to work, and it’s only 24 miles. 

Its a great scheme, glad it helped you. Commute for me is 1/5 hours not to bad.

The one thing I discovered when buying a house is its all about making a compromises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its a great scheme, glad it helped you. Commute for me is 1/5 hours not to bad.

The one thing I discovered when buying a house is its all about making a compromises.

We did a lot of compromise with the first one, the second one we moved in with my parents for nine months, saved loads of cash, and went a bit crazy! The sales woman must have made a killing on selling additional options. 
 

A couple of my mates have used help to buy since we have, where I live it’s all new builds and there are loads of people who have used it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

WOW, isn't there good public transit over there you can take?

I’m not a morning person, if I had to deal with the public of a morning there would be trouble. I could get to work in 45 minutes on the train, but my job comes with a nice car. I work for a car manufacturer so I have to have my car in work every day, so public transport isn’t really an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not a morning person, if I had to deal with the public of a morning there would be trouble. I could get to work in 45 minutes on the train, but my job comes with a nice car. I work for a car manufacturer so I have to have my car in work every day, so public transport isn’t really an option. 

okay i understand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, StevO said:

The sales woman must have made a killing on selling additional options

I’ve only ever bought one new build to live in and even turf in the rear garden was an extra, without wishing to sound a tight fucker I didn’t buy a single extra, besides not having the money I decided that if I had opted for this and that it would have to go onto the mortgage, and I wasn’t prepared to pay for my lawn or downlighting in the kitchen for 25 years on a mortgage, in the long run it would have been cheaper to carpet the rear garden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...