Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve only ever bought one new build to live in and even turf in the rear garden was an extra, without wishing to sound a tight fucker I didn’t buy a single extra, besides not having the money I decided that if I had opted for this and that it would have to go onto the mortgage, and I wasn’t prepared to pay for my lawn or downlighting in the kitchen for 25 years on a mortgage, in the long run it would have been cheaper to carpet the rear garden. 

We couldn’t add any extras onto the mortgage, no banks will let that go anymore. Ended up saving £12,000 to use on all that stuff, made life much easier than when we moved into a house with concrete floors.

We were offered turf for free, but I turned it down because I wanted to landscape and use artificial turf. Two years later I’m still working on it 😂

For every freebie taken from the builder we had to give the bank more deposit, about 35% of the value of the free stuff I think. They gave us an equivalent of around £6,000 free, so last minute I’m asking my parents for £2,000 to keep the bank happy. It was worth it though. 
 

Bill Kenwright probably tried to get destination Kirkby on help to buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, StevO said:

We couldn’t add any extras onto the mortgage, no banks will let that go anymore. Ended up saving £12,000 to use on all that stuff, made life much easier than when we moved into a house with concrete floors.

We were offered turf for free, but I turned it down because I wanted to landscape and use artificial turf. Two years later I’m still working on it 😂

For every freebie taken from the builder we had to give the bank more deposit, about 35% of the value of the free stuff I think. They gave us an equivalent of around £6,000 free, so last minute I’m asking my parents for £2,000 to keep the bank happy. It was worth it though. 
 

Bill Kenwright probably tried to get destination Kirkby on help to buy!

Pleased for you mate you are obviously very happy with the way things have paned out, and you can’t ask for more than that👌.

 I wonder if Bill tried the bank of mum and dad when he was looking at Kirkby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thanks 😊 mate and I you , but why am I anticipating a famous Shukester sucker punch 🥊 maybe heading my way 🤪

Was just wandering if you could spot me about 30k for a deposit 😉
 

You know, the kids are going hungry and stuff.

Well I need the cash for tickets haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, London Blue said:

When we knew we were having a baby we knew we had to move out of our 1 and a 1/2 bed flat in Islington, which I loved as it was so practical and in a great location. Our landlord is a real gent, we had lived there for 11 years and never had a rent increase, but to buy that flat would cost over £600,000, impossible for 2 public sector workers.

Moving to Essex 40 miles from London we could afford a 3 bed new build house with "help to buy". House prices are crazy in the UK.

As a trained economist I could bore you to tears with the reasons why (as I have done to my wife, family and friends since we started house hunting!!) but I will save you that.

I’m originally from Essex. Loved it there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

seems strange mike, i thought you lived in a very rural area, wouldn't the home values in Devon be cheap because it's so far removed from the bigger cities which yield the higher property rates?  that's how it work in america, the further out of the city the cheaper it is.

Interesting area down this way, said to be the "fourth most expensive place in the world to buy property, behind London, Manhattan and Tokyo."

https://www.rlf.co.uk/expensive-plot-land-britain/

Apparently the Redknapps, jr and snr, both live there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sandbanks,+Poole/@50.686143,-1.9534586,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4873a0cd3c35f8fb:0xbe75e400ab3f7408!8m2!3d50.6878939!4d-1.9408637

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Pleased for you mate you are obviously very happy with the way things have paned out, and you can’t ask for more than that👌.

 I wonder if Bill tried the bank of mum and dad when he was looking at Kirkby

Happy that I got the house I wanted, not happy that my garden is still a building site and I’ll still be working on it when BMD is open! 
 

Bill tried the bank of Tesco instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Interesting area down this way, said to be the "fourth most expensive place in the world to buy property, behind London, Manhattan and Tokyo."

https://www.rlf.co.uk/expensive-plot-land-britain/

Apparently the Redknapps, jr and snr, both live there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sandbanks,+Poole/@50.686143,-1.9534586,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4873a0cd3c35f8fb:0xbe75e400ab3f7408!8m2!3d50.6878939!4d-1.9408637

You live in Sandbanks Mike? I knew you were fancy, but didn’t realise you were that fancy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryj said:

I’m originally from Essex. Loved it there! 

 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Southend supporter then 😉

Born in Middlesex; had no idea until I just looked it up that Tottenham was actually in Middx when I was born.....I've been supporting the wrong team for more than fifty years and I already have a new stadium😂

José Mourinho:COYBs[1]:

:majoroverreactionalert:

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevO said:

You live in Sandbanks Mike? I knew you were fancy, but didn’t realise you were that fancy!!

Had a holiday there once as a kid, that's as close as I've been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2020 at 21:08, Palfy said:

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

Fuckin hell Palf, drop that one in gently. Pure animal.

By the way, I've always loved you. And if you want, as I've done for my Dad - to keep it away from the nasty female side of the family- I'll more than happily look after your will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Fuckin hell Palf, drop that one in gently. Pure animal.

By the way, I've always loved you. And if you want, as I've done for my Dad - to keep it away from the nasty female side of the family- I'll more than happily look after your will.

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2020 at 00:39, Newty82 said:

Fuckin hell Palf, drop that one in gently. Pure animal.

By the way, I've always loved you. And if you want, as I've done for my Dad - to keep it away from the nasty female side of the family- I'll more than happily look after your will.

I’d be happy just having a fish in his lake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m slowly saving for a goldfish bowl. Maybe in a few years I can afford a goldfish to go in it.

 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Keep your sexual preferences to yourself, Barry.

I've had to deal with worse 😳😱🚔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys and gals (yes tis I  the  amazingly chipper rubes.  lol lol

 

21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Brilliant idea  that  It makes me proud to be a blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I hope they don’t stick another white block building there and actually try and incorporate the surroundings. The Ibis hotels I’ve driven past for work are simply awful looking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt said:

I hope they don’t stick another white block building there and actually try and incorporate the surroundings. The Ibis hotels I’ve driven past for work are simply awful looking

Well you can tell by the image it's going to be fine building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Well you can tell by the image it's going to be fine building.

The image won’t load for me so I’ll take your word on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to put the pic up for you Matt, says I'm only allowed maximum total size 0.02mb.  I've tried putting smaller pics on but it won't have it.  Does anybody else have the same problem. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Was going to put the pic up for you Matt, says I'm only allowed maximum total size 0.02mb.  I've tried putting smaller pics on but it won't have it.  Does anybody else have the same problem. ?

The image limit has always been a problem. I found an alternative source, looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill said:

Was going to put the pic up for you Matt, says I'm only allowed maximum total size 0.02mb.  I've tried putting smaller pics on but it won't have it.  Does anybody else have the same problem. ?

Same here. I just upload to a hosting site and then copy and paste the link. 

https://imgbb.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Your not near any water now are you? 🤣

Out earlier and saw a huge presence of the fire and rescue services on the Exe near us, probably 20/30 guys and 5/6  boats; water level had gone down a bit since yesterday but still pretty crazy. I really hope they were just doing some training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Out earlier and saw a huge presence of the fire and rescue services on the Exe near us, probably 20/30 guys and 5/6  boats; water level had gone down a bit since yesterday but still pretty crazy. I really hope they were just doing some training.

Probably training in case it bursts its banks. It happens so infrequently and staff change so probably familiarisation exercise to get people used to protocol and procedures. Lets hope anyway 🤞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Never gonna happen.... wont believe it till there is a spade in the ground blah blah blah...... lol

Half the red nose tourists won't be able to do a ferry trip without seeing our big shiny and 3rd new build stadium on the skyline whilst they remember they are sticking extensions on our first stadium destroying the local community. 

Anyone who recalls their first match will always remember seeing the stadium and then the pitch for first time......  as a kid that is the clincher. We will have one of the top 4 stadiums in the country.... us, spurs, arsenal, old Trafford. After that it will be villa then maybe city.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Never gonna happen.... wont believe it till there is a spade in the ground blah blah blah...... lol

Strangely, I've not been concerned at any point that this wouldn't happen. It's been an odd feeling to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Strangely, I've not been concerned at any point that this wouldn't happen. It's been an odd feeling to say the least!

Me neither.... probably because it doesn't depend on kenwright.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s got to be an old image hasn’t it? The car park has moved. 

No idea Ste, just saw it on twitter this morning; might well have been a re-tweet of out of date stuff. Don't judge me:shakingfist:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I still think the capacity is piss poor. That’s the only problem I have. 

If they were going with 52,000 and ended up with 52,888 they could at least get that to 53,000 as a minimum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With 5k being corporate seats I think anything less than 55k is shit tbh. Real small time thinking in my opinion. 

Let’s hope there are more plans for expansion in the future. You’ve got to hope it can be 60k one day to compete with Spurs, Arsenal, City and Liverpool. 

Im sure at GP we’ve got 2k corporate seats, with 4k away seats, leaving 34k for home fans (not to mention another 4k restricted views). 

BMD should have 5k corporate and 5k away fans, leaving 43k for home fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With 5k being corporate seats I think anything less than 55k is shit tbh. Real small time thinking in my opinion. 

I read that the costs go ridiculous above 55k .... diminishing returns etc. 

I agree though... I think 60k feels about right. If we sold 53k tickets and had 7k spare then use them for EITC, give them to the underpriveledged  - get a full stadium every game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

Let’s hope there are more plans for expansion in the future. You’ve got to hope it can be 60k one day to compete with Spurs, Arsenal, City and Liverpool. 

Im sure at GP we’ve got 2k corporate seats, with 4k away seats, leaving 34k for home fans (not to mention another 4k restricted views). 

BMD should have 5k corporate and 5k away fans, leaving 43k for home fans. 

 

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I read that the costs go ridiculous above 55k .... diminishing returns etc. 

I agree though... I think 60k feels about right. If we sold 53k tickets and had 7k spare then use them for EITC, give them to the underpriveledged  - get a full stadium every game 

When you consider the huge waiting list we've got on season tickets now I reckon we'd comfortably have a packed stadium. Not saying we'd sell out every week but the empty seats would be so minuscule that it wouldn't do damage to the atmosphere, and then for the games when it was a sellout it'd be red hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I read that the costs go ridiculous above 55k .... diminishing returns etc. 

I agree though... I think 60k feels about right. If we sold 53k tickets and had 7k spare then use them for EITC, give them to the underpriveledged  - get a full stadium every game 

I like that idea of the underprivileged and free seats to kids as well. 
But I’ll be going corporate I love prawn sandwiches 🥪 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

When you consider the huge waiting list we've got on season tickets

Tell me about it Shukes and I have been on it about 3 years, I swear someone in there looks at my post code, and goes fuck that southern twat and keeps sticking me to the back😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

 

When you consider the huge waiting list we've got on season tickets now I reckon we'd comfortably have a packed stadium. Not saying we'd sell out every week but the empty seats would be so minuscule that it wouldn't do damage to the atmosphere, and then for the games when it was a sellout it'd be red hot.

The only games I think we’d struggle to fill would be cup games. I’ve never been a fan of the auto cup scheme, but if they gave you the chance to add cup games upfront for a fixed fee I think people would take the chance. 
maybe £15 gets you league cup games, £20 gets your FA cup games. You might win, you might lose, depending on the draw but if you’ve got the ticket you’re more likely to turn up. 

If we were in Europe I’d happily pay an extra £100 up front on my season ticket to cover group games and domestic cup, then just buy extra tickets for later stages in Europe. 

Lots of ways to try something different to get the place full. 
 

Ive said before, all season tickets need to be compacted as close to the front as possible. If we are having 80% season tickets then the 20% need to all be at the back of the stand. Not to punish Or reward people or anything like that, but trying to get extra tickets for family at the moment is a nightmare. There will be three empty seats in one section, but not together. If empty seats were all on the same row it would be easier for families who don’t have season tickets to go the match together. 
I also think if someone gives up a season ticket and they are left with one empty seat, then they should shuffle people along to close the gap. Or offer it to people who surround that seat to recommend a friend. Keeping friends and family together will only be good for the atmosphere. 
 

I always get a bit carried away when talking about the stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...