Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

53 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I like that idea of the underprivileged and free seats to kids as well. 
But I’ll be going corporate I love prawn sandwiches 🥪 😀

City give loads to schools. Good way to get the kids at an early age. Plus would give those 'reds' a head start in going to more Everton matches than they ever will Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

City give loads to schools. Good way to get the kids at an early age. Plus would give those 'reds' a head start in going to more Everton matches than they ever will Liverpool. 

That’s because City have no fans! 😂

cant moan, my mate is a teacher and I’ve had a few free tickets for our games at City. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s because City have no fans! 😂

cant moan, my mate is a teacher and I’ve had a few free tickets for our games at City. 

Feel sorry for a few of them (although I still take the mick). Used to live near main road and loads stopped going as the new stadium was ballache to get to as you have to go into the city centre and then back out again. 

Hopefully you got to see a few of the Moyes ones. Fingers crossed Ancelotti can get our record there back on track. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Feel sorry for a few of them (although I still take the mick). Used to live near main road and loads stopped going as the new stadium was ballache to get to as you have to go into the city centre and then back out again. 

Hopefully you got to see a few of the Moyes ones. Fingers crossed Ancelotti can get our record there back on track. 

He only started getting them when Roberto was in charge. Got one for the rollercoaster league cup game though. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With 5k being corporate seats I think anything less than 55k is shit tbh. Real small time thinking in my opinion. 

But it brings the money in. Frankly a smaller capacity that’s full is still much better than a larger capacity that’s kinda full

Original plans had us for 60,000. I don't see any reason for that number to have gone down in the last two decades. 

Upping the corporate alone takes would take us to 45,000. Then add an extra 1000 for the away fans and we're barely making much room for more Evertonians. The current stadium is littered with obstructed views, without checking the numbers it's easily half the ground, and we sell out nearly every league match. Surely that shows there's a heck more demand. 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

But it brings the money in. Frankly a smaller capacity that’s full is still much better than a larger capacity that’s kinda full

this all day.  with safe standing it will get to 58 or 60, and i'm sure it has room to grow.  

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

Like Steve says, just allocate the tickets front to back. You won't notice if any seats go empty. 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

this all day.  with safe standing it will get to 58 or 60, and i'm sure it has room to grow.  

You need 60,000 if you want to be considered for the world cup knock out stages. Would be a shame if England got the world cup then our stadium missed out as it doesn't meet the requirements. 

Just now, pete0 said:

You need 60,000 if you want to be considered for the world cup knock out stages. Would be a shame if England got the world cup then our stadium missed out as it doesn't meet the requirements. 

we could get a Europa League Final which would be nice.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m not complaining about how many corporate seats there are, that wasn’t my point at all by mentioning them. Already covered the second part. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Original plans had us for 60,000. I don't see any reason for that number to have gone down in the last two decades. 

Upping the corporate alone takes would take us to 45,000. Then add an extra 1000 for the away fans and we're barely making much room for more Evertonians. The current stadium is littered with obstructed views, without checking the numbers it's easily half the ground, and we sell out nearly every league match. Surely that shows there's a heck more demand. 

They used to say there were 4,000 obstructed view seats at Goodison, but they only consider them obstructed if your view of one of the goals is blocked. If the penalty spot is blocked that’s not obstructed, madness!!

I wonder if the north stand (hate that name) could be expanded in the future? It’s smaller than the other stands, but would have to encroach into the water works. 

On stand names, I’m hopeful that naming the Park End after Sir Philip Carter and Gwladys Street after Howard Kendall is a way to carry them over to BMD. 

Could we possibly name three sides after the Holy Trinity? Would there be too many complaints? I doubt it. Would be a nice touch to go with the statue. 

Could we have an Everton Giants Stand? Each year it carries the name of a different Everton Giant, in order of them being inducted. It would open with Jack Sharp.

I could live with the Regent Road Stand and River Mersey Stand, as long as there is some sort of name to them. Not the Bill Kenwright CBE Stand thanks. 

Im having a quiet afternoon in work. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I wonder if the north stand (hate that name) could be expanded in the future? It’s smaller than the other stands, but would have to encroach into the water works. 

On stand names, I’m hopeful that naming the Park End after Sir Philip Carter and Gwladys Street after Howard Kendall is a way to carry them over to BMD. 

Could we possibly name three sides after the Holy Trinity? Would there be too many complaints? I doubt it. Would be a nice touch to go with the statue. 

Could we have an Everton Giants Stand? Each year it carries the name of a different Everton Giant, in order of them being inducted. It would open with Jack Sharp.

I could live with the Regent Road Stand and River Mersey Stand, as long as there is some sort of name to them. Not the Bill Kenwright CBE Stand thanks. 

Im having a quiet afternoon in work. 

Listen if they get the bloody thing built they can call it the Clive Thomas Stadium for all I care. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but you get my drift.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Listen if they get the bloody thing built they can call it the Clive Thomas Stadium for all I care. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but you get my drift.

Don’t ruin it Mike 😂

4 hours ago, StevO said:

They used to say there were 4,000 obstructed view seats at Goodison, but they only consider them obstructed if your view of one of the goals is blocked. If the penalty spot is blocked that’s not obstructed, madness!!

It feels like I must have sat in every one of those seats on my trips up to the Grand Old Lady 😂

Not a fan of this idea myself but we could go down the commercial route and name one after beatles. Most tours for them would then add the stadium to the tour and increase our none match day monies. Plus more exposure from the tourist taking selfies and what not. 

Just the sacrifice of one stand and add a memorial or statue. 

We should call one stand the people’s stand which would in compass the family enclosure, the disabled enclosure and a section for the EITC to use as they wish, to give individuals and families who are struggling in general with all types of issues a day out to remember. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

We should call one stand the people’s stand which would in compass the family enclosure, the disabled enclosure and a section for the EITC to use as they wish, to give individuals and families who are struggling in general with all types of issues a day out to remember. 

I like the idea, but the new stadium will have disabled seating in (I think) eight different sections. I think each stand had one section and then each corner too. 
There should definitely be a load of seats for EITC to each for each match though. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I like the idea, but the new stadium will have disabled seating in (I think) eight different sections. I think each stand had one section and then each corner too. 
There should definitely be a load of seats for EITC to each for each match though. 

Your right with the disabled seating, and it does make sense that they have a lot more choices of were they want to watch the game from. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Your right with the disabled seating, and it does make sense that they have a lot more choices of were they want to watch the game from. 

It really does, they have done a great job improving it at Goodison in the last couple of years. 
Looking at the new stadium plans there are lifts and escalators all over the place, it’ll be so much more accessible for many people.

On 21/02/2020 at 16:43, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not complaining about how many corporate seats there are, that wasn’t my point at all by mentioning them. Already covered the second part. 

Fair enough 

I’ve been spending hours each day looking at the files. 

Too excited! I honestly think I could find my way to get he upper south stand from anywhere in that stadium. 

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i love it, 200m naming rights.  more like usmanov and moshiri are partners on it

But not officially which continues to worry me. We’re using loopholes and they tend to get punished eventually 

2 hours ago, Makis said:

It's not that much. 10+ years means less than 20 million per year. Spurs are looking for 40 million p/a.

Maybe that’s why nobody has taken them up on it! 

22 hours ago, barryj said:

Maybe that’s why nobody has taken them up on it! 

Point was, if Spurs value their naming rights at that level, Everton getting less than half shouldn't cause any issues.

On 17/03/2020 at 03:38, Matt said:

But not officially which continues to worry me. We’re using loopholes and they tend to get punished eventually 

What’s the difference though to what other clubs are doing? Because He isn’t an official sponsor we can’t sell naming rights to him? 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

What’s the difference though to what other clubs are doing? Because He isn’t an official sponsor we can’t sell naming rights to him? 

It’s not that, it just all seems underhand and it makes me uncomfortable 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s not that, it just all seems underhand and it makes me uncomfortable 

The reality is that unless there is proof that he "owns" the club then he is free to sponsor us.

For years it was clear that Phillip Green was running and fleecing our club via a proxy... I didn't see the protecting us then with our "operating costs" seemingly leaving us without money to spend 

Usmanov has got the best financial brains on his payroll.  Man City will hopefully fight UEFA and get some sanity on FFP... Martin Samuel wrote a great piece on why it's geared to protect the established commercial clubs from getting caught by clubs with rich owners. 

On 17/03/2020 at 20:56, Makis said:

It's not that much. 10+ years means less than 20 million per year. Spurs are looking for 40 million p/a.

It’s the third highest deal in the Prem behind United (26.75m) and City (21.9m)

Not a chance Spurs are going to get anywhere near £40m

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Love that idea. I’m pretty sure that second statue is Howard Kendall. I’ve already made my thoughts clear that the home end should be named after him (a link to the current Gwladys Street stand too) and it would be fitting to walk past a statue of him as you approach the stand from the fan plaza.