IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

7 hours ago, rubecula said:

ominous that the club are still working on the design, not even an artists impression has been displayed yet.

Definitely ominous that the club, and designers, don't want to rush the design of a stadium we should be in for another 100+ years... Fuckinghell, Rubes, I thought people were supposed to mellow with age, not get more ridiculous :lol: 

Planning permission takes forever, buying the land is only the start of it.

The architects / Designers have to put forward the final drawings before the planners even set a meeting to discuss.  The  yes, no, or maybe we might have another discussion with some minor adjustments,  could take years yet.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Definitely ominous that the club, and designers, don't want to rush the design of a stadium we should be in for another 100+ years... Fuckinghell, Rubes, I thought people were supposed to mellow with age, not get more ridiculous :lol: 

TWAT  :lol:

Many of us would like to know what we are getting though  the Kirkby idea had artist impressions fairly quickly and the Kings Dock was almost instantaneous,  I was saying that nothing like that has happened because it will/may possibly/could be a fucking eyesore and they don't want anyone commenting on it.

38 minutes ago, rubecula said:

TWAT  :lol:

Many of us would like to know what we are getting though  the Kirkby idea had artist impressions fairly quickly and the Kings Dock was almost instantaneous,  I was saying that nothing like that has happened because it will/may possibly/could be a fucking eyesore and they don't want anyone commenting on it.

Both of them had artists impressions early and look what the fuck happened to those! Kirkby was a fucking shed and KD was a pipedream that was never going to happen really.

Yeah, I think I'm happy to wait based on the examples you gave.

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Both of them had artists impressions early and look what the fuck happened to those! Kirkby was a fucking shed and KD was a pipedream that was never going to happen really.

Yeah, I think I'm happy to wait based on the examples you gave.

fair point well made mate,  but  I just want an idea what we will be getting.

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Meis hasbeen talking a lot, so you should have an idea of what we're getting. 

A pitch with some seating is all I can get from that.    Will it be all concrete?  Glass fronted? what shape?  how big? Which way round? what will it look like from the river?  Access? shopping? Will it be traditional or modern?

21 minutes ago, rubecula said:

A pitch with some seating is all I can get from that.    Will it be all concrete?  Glass fronted? what shape?  how big? Which way round? what will it look like from the river?  Access? shopping? Will it be traditional or modern?

As you can see from the questions you're asking that there is a lot to be decided about it. Therefore it's going to take time until the design is released. 

4 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I couldn't make head nor tail of it to be frank.

Basically it will look as if it's been part of the docks, but really modern at the same time with steep seating and close to the pitch. The tweet I think was more about how the seating could look, whereas I'm hoping the design is more like the Lucas Oil stadium

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Basically it will look as if it's been part of the docks, but really modern at the same time with steep seating and close to the pitch. The tweet I think was more about how the seating could look, whereas I'm hoping the design is more like the Lucas Oil stadium

I hope it's nothing like that eyesore. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It looks like a fucking factory from the outside and inside is shite. If it's anything like that then the Grand Old Lady will still look better. 

It's supposed to, the outside at least, so it fits in with its surroundings. Agree that the inside is a mess, but I'm saying it's the principle of the external design rather than the actual design that I'm hoping for 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It's supposed to, the outside at least, so it fits in with its surroundings. Agree that the inside is a mess, but I'm saying it's the principle of the external design rather than the actual design that I'm hoping for 

You really do hate change, don't you? :lol:

It still looks terrible, inside and out. If Meis really wants to be remembered for something quality then he'll steer clear of that shite.

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You really do hate change, don't you? :lol:

It still looks terrible, inside and out. If Meis really wants to be remembered for something quality then he'll steer clear of that shite.

Not really. Well, yeah, ok, a lot of the time. But in this case, it's the fact I hate "modern" looking shitboxes like the Echo area slap-bang in the middle of a traditional and beautiful river scape. I want something to blend in but look unique at the same time, and from what he's said, I'm hopeful that will be the case. 

I'm not saying I want a copy of that stadium, but something that incorporates the features (like materials, aesthetics that fit the surrounding area, etc.) 

Matt, that comes with the planning consent, if it doesn't fit with the surroundings it wont get consent.  In Peterborough i wanted to have an extension on my Bungalow spent over a thousand quid to get some architects plans.  After i had advised  them how i would like it to be, some beautiful drawings came back and i give him the nod to apply  for consent.

After 4 months it came back with a "Does not conform with the surrounding Properties"  I would have had to have exactly the same look as all the other properties on the estate.i didn't want to be the same as everybody else so i put it on the back burner.

Its not easy to get planning permission if the project doesn't fit in.

Should be easy enough, if the area is completely flattened for construction there should be nothing there to make any comparisons, If the stadium is built first then all the other properties that come later in the area's re-developement  scheme will have to fall in line with the stadium.  Thats all dependent on them getting planning permission to go ahead with the Stadium in the first place.

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Matt, that comes with the planning consent, if it doesn't fit with the surroundings it wont get consent.  In Peterborough i wanted to have an extension on my Bungalow spent over a thousand quid to get some architects plans.  After i had advised  them how i would like it to be, some beautiful drawings came back and i give him the nod to apply  for consent.

After 4 months it came back with a "Does not conform with the surrounding Properties"  I would have had to have exactly the same look as all the other properties on the estate.i didn't want to be the same as everybody else so i put it on the back burner.

Its not easy to get planning permission if the project doesn't fit in.

Oh I know that's the idea, but when you see the Echo Arena you have to wonder. I don't see them razing the ground (isn't the clocktower listed?) so hoping the surrounding warehouses remain an influence the design a bit.