IGNORED

Should Allardyce be sacked now?

Should Allardyce be sacked now?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should Allardyce be sacked now?

4 minutes ago, Haiku said:

That would be really disrespectful.

- Hey thanks for saving us, Sam, now get the fuck out you twat! 

Depends whether you think he saved us. Personally, I think he made things worse. 

Should never have even been in contention for the job in the first place.

The amount of crap we’ll endure in his press statements once he’s gone will be infuriating tooo

I said no because,

a/  We are becoming a sacking club.  not a good reputation to have and not an easy one to get rid of.

b/  How in hell can we sack a manager this close to the end of the season?

c/  Who would come here who we could guarantee will be better?

If we are to cancel his contract, sack him or whatever you want to call it,  it would in my opinion be better to wait for a while, at least until he can go without causing disruptions ie the end of the season.  Besides he may leave himself with a bit of gentle persuasion.

43 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I said no because,

a/  We are becoming a sacking club.  not a good reputation to have and not an easy one to get rid of.

b/  How in hell can we sack a manager this close to the end of the season?

c/  Who would come here who we could guarantee will be better?

If we are to cancel his contract, sack him or whatever you want to call it,  it would in my opinion be better to wait for a while, at least until he can go without causing disruptions ie the end of the season.  Besides he may leave himself with a bit of gentle persuasion.

Sadly on the amount of money he is on the only 'gentle persuasion' he would accept is a truly grotesque pay off - basically the only language he talks. It sickens me that we will have to waste millions to get rid of him but anything rather than have him in charge next year. 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

His comments after this match are the final nail. He has no idea of what this club is about. Please get him out 

This is the acid test for the board for me. They sacked Martinez for finishing 11th. We're in very real danger of finishing below fucking Newcastle, but Allardyce talks about 1-1 at Swansea as 'a big point'. They can't have it both ways - if Martinez wasn't good enough, this certainly isn'ttt, and they cannot hide behind the excuse that we were in the bottom 3 when Koeman was sacked, because from where we were going into Christmas, we should have pushed on and finished 7th. All you hear from Allardyce is excuse after excuse after excuse. He has failed to live up to the ambitions of this football club, end of. 

Definitely should go 

This side had/has enough quality to avoid the drop and although we flirted with the thought of relegation momentarily I never thought we would actually be fighting to stay up 

He's a toxic self righteous bellend that hasn't improved us in anyway shape or form, I've never been as disinterested in our side as I am now as shite as that sounds but I just can't stand the cunt and how he has us playing 

Yes, and not only because of how shit the football currently is, but for this other (more important in my opinion) reason: it is a statistical fact that teams generally play worse when they know their manager is not going to be around much longer. Yes, there are a few exceptions to this, but they involved beloved and inspirational coaches, not Sam fucking Howeveryouspellit. And Sam's contract would be up anyway at the end of next season (and no fucking way the board will give him another one, because there'd be a genuine mutiny). I can't see any logical reason whatsoever to keep him around for another dreary, mid-table-at-best season, giving him money to buy players he won't be around to coach 9 months later, and putting the players in a situation where they're learning to play a system (sic) which, the season after, will be overthrown yet again for someone else's. 

If we were where we are now but with a younger manager with a longer contract, then I'd say don't sack him. But that's not the case. He was brought in to avoid relegation. It was lunacy to give him an 18 month contract, when other clubs (West Ham for example) took the sensible approach of giving contracts just to the end of the season. He would have signed a 6 month contract no problem, it's not like he was inundated with offers from elite Premier League clubs. Now the club has put itself in a position of needing to buy him out. But whatever, just buy him out. There is absolutely no sense in subjecting everyone to another season of outdated, uninspiring dross, only to then have to make the decision to replace him at the end of it. Just do it now. 

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Yes, and not only because of how shit the football currently is, but for this other (more important in my opinion) reason: it is a statistical fact that teams generally play worse when they know their manager is not going to be around much longer. Yes, there are a few exceptions to this, but they involved beloved and inspirational coaches, not Sam fucking Howeveryouspellit. And Sam's contract would be up anyway at the end of next season (and no fucking way the board will give him another one, because there'd be a genuine mutiny). I can't see any logical reason whatsoever to keep him around for another dreary, mid-table-at-best season, giving him money to buy players he won't be around to coach 9 months later, and putting the players in a situation where they're learning to play a system (sic) which, the season after, will be overthrown yet again for someone else's. 

If we were where we are now but with a younger manager with a longer contract, then I'd say don't sack him. But that's not the case. He was brought in to avoid relegation. It was lunacy to give him an 18 month contract, when other clubs (West Ham for example) took the sensible approach of giving contracts just to the end of the season. He would have signed a 6 month contract no problem, it's not like he was inundated with offers from elite Premier League clubs. Now the club has put itself in a position of needing to buy him out. But whatever, just buy him out. There is absolutely no sense in subjecting everyone to another season of outdated, uninspiring dross, only to then have to make the decision to replace him at the end of it. Just do it now. 

He wouldn’t sign a 6 month contract. That’s why he’s on the longer contract. 

^^ Fair enough, didn't know that. But then that only pisses me off even more. 63-year-old footballing dinosaur Sam fucking Allardyce, fresh off his England scandal, turning his nose up at any kind of chance to manage a team of Everton's stature. What, was he afraid that he'd have to actually do a good job in those 6 months to earn a possible extension, rather than just being handed an 18 month salary?

2 hours ago, nogs said:

This is the acid test for the board for me. They sacked Martinez for finishing 11th. We're in very real danger of finishing below fucking Newcastle, but Allardyce talks about 1-1 at Swansea as 'a big point'. They can't have it both ways - if Martinez wasn't good enough, this certainly isn'tttt, and they cannot hide behind the excuse that we were in the bottom 3 when Koeman was sacked, because from where we were going into Christmas, we should have pushed on and finished 7th. All you hear from Allardyce is excuse after excuse after excuse. He has failed to live up to the ambitions of this football club, end of. 

I think Martinez was sacked more due to the fact Moshiri wanted to show he was the new boss, much like Koeman did with the squad. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think Martinez was sacked more due to the fact Moshiri wanted to show he was the new boss, much like Koeman did with the squad. 

I agree, Martinez should never have been sacked yes things could have been better on the defensive side, but at least we could play decent football string passes together score goals and teams respected and feared us.

Moshiri had sown the seeds to sack him before he took over that was is first mistake on day one with more to follow, I always said and still believe that he should have been given more time with a bit of money at his disposal.

People have short memories. We were going nowhere with unsworth. We would have stayed up yes but probably just about securing it around now. People would have been screaming for his head. I hate sam but he’s secured safety. Big deal, let’s move on and try and forget this whole episode 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

You're not the only one.

I’m another.

said before, it was the easiest job in world football. Come in, we dont get relegated, and you get credit. Simple.

When he came in, we were just as likely to get seventh than bottom six, now we’re ten points behind Burnley.... let that sink in... ten points behind Burnley!

Sam has managed to fuck up the easiest job he has ever had!