IGNORED

Should Allardyce be sacked now?

Should Allardyce be sacked now?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should Allardyce be sacked now?

I did advocate him coming here on a six month contract more as a belt and braces option to make sure we survived any threat of relegation, all though I never really thought we were in danger but the consensus seemed to be we were so rather than take the risk he was a good choice to keep us up.

That's job done for him time to move him on, if we were playing decent football we wouldn't be having this conversation but we are playing the most negative football I can remember witnessing in all the years I have followed this club, and it won't change this is brand Allardyce the Geordie's fucking hated him for it and protested until he was sacked. 

Hopefully the board can see and hear what we see and hear and they do the right thing and get rid soon, other wise I can see a lot disgruntled supporters feeling the only way forward is to protest against Allardyce and the board.

I think that people are also have short memories over Martinez. His final season was dire, terrible defending, useless in the final third, and the team obviously had had enough of him. He had to go, and the atmosphere on here than was pretty toxic to him then. Revisionism does seem to suggest he was slightly harshly treated, but he couldn't of stayed realistically. Without Lukakus goals Martinez would have been in the real shit, as was Koeman in the end... I wonder if much of the revisionism is because things have got worse since. To answer the question... If we can get the manager we are targetting now and get a head start for next season fine, but this season has been so dire that I would worry our 4th manager of the season would be tarnished by it - what if they too started badly? Surely wait for close season to palate cleanse and start again? In any case Sam has to go - it's clear he's given up any enthusiasm or passion he had for the job, maybe even football.

100% Yes, he is making our team look like fools, sets them up wrong, make poor substitutions, then blames the players for any bad result.

we drew yesterday against Swansea, we were meant to be a team pushing for a top 4-5 finish this season, he was pleased with a "tough point", which simply isn'tt good enough, and the big issue is that he will always be this way, as others have said, Newcastle fans hated him. Hammers fans hated him also.

After Martinez was sacked, Unsy brought in some of the youngsters against Norwich and we got a good result, we finished off our season with a feeling of optimism, we need to do the same, in advance of bringing in whoever the board have lined up.

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

People have short memories. We were going nowhere with unsworth. We would have stayed up yes but probably just about securing it around now. People would have been screaming for his head. I hate sam but he’s secured safety. Big deal, let’s move on and try and forget this whole episode 

What about remembering we put in our best performance of the season under Unsworth? 

Anyway, the point for me is not that whether we should have kept Unsworth, or Martinez for that matter. Allardyce was the wrong appointment, in any circumstance. 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

100% Yes, he is making our team look like fools, sets them up wrong, make poor substitutions, then blames the players for any bad result.

we drew yesterday against Swansea, we were meant to be a team pushing for a top 4-5 finish this season, he was pleased with a "tough point", which simply isn'ttt good enough, and the big issue is that he will always be this way, as others have said, Newcastle fans hated him. Hammers fans hated him also.

After Martinez was sacked, Unsy brought in some of the youngsters against Norwich and we got a good result, we finished off our season with a feeling of optimism, we need to do the same, in advance of bringing in whoever the board have lined up.

Not defending him by any means but it was tough as they were simply miles better than us in all aspects of the game and tbh, they deserved to win

The longer this runs on the worst it will be.

Get him out the club now.  His interviews aren't even subtle wind ups. He has form for this - west ham.  

To me the side issue is that some of the players need to either go or will be permanently disenfranchised and need some serious rebuilding. 

Its a fuckin mess. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The longer this runs on the worst it will be.

Get him out the club now.  His interviews aren't even subtle wind ups. He has form for this - west ham.  

To me the side issue is that some of the players need to either go or will be permanently disenfranchised and need some serious rebuilding. 

Its a fuckin mess. 

I agree Haf, and for you that was putting it politely:lol:

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Someone just pointed out to me that Lookman will leave if any offer comes in.... I couldn’t think of a single reason for him to stay. It makes Barkley look a genius!

Just when you think things can't get any worse, that's why he has to go now because every hour he stays the more damage he does. 

It's nothing to do with how many games are left he's a cancer in this club that needs to be cut out before anymore of our better players want out.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Just when you think things can't get any worse, that's why he has to go now because every hour he stays the more damage he does. 

It's nothing to do with how many games are left he's a cancer in this club that needs to be cut out before anymore of our better players want out.

Said it when he was hired, and I still believe it now - even if he goes in the summer we'll still be feeling the damage of his reign far into the future. If he’s here any longer than that then we are well and truly fucked. 

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:47, MikeO said:

Fair enough, I think we're all singing from the same hymn-sheet in this thread anyway (Rubes aside, but that just proves the rest of us are right:P). 

just playing devil's advocate Mike  not trying to wind anyone up but needed to point out possible flaws in the argument.

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Pretty pointless sacking him now but I would like the new manager to be named by 14 May

I disagree. There's a reason why several clubs he managed were relegated the following year. He creates crises in confidence and morale that take months if not years to recover from. It was wrong to hire him in the first place, and every day he remains is a day too long.

I'm surprising myself and voting NO.

It's painful, really painful, and I really want him gone. I want him gone as soon as the final ball is kicked this season.

I say no because we only have a few games to go. Just checked, it is 4 left. Damn. I don't feel it would shine the club in a good light to sack him now. I fear it would make us look reckless and unattractive to future prospects, both managers and players. Out in the footballing world, it would raise more questions and give us the wrong sort of attention.

Keeping him hopefully allows the board more time to plan and strike as soon as possible after the final game. If they have their heads on, they'll have his final cheque ready and already be in deep negotiations with new options.

I would also feel a bit for Unsy. He would yet again be given the job for a few games but with no real hope of getting the job permanently. Yet, as is human nature, he would want the job and would be left disappointed. I don't want us to mess with Unsy or use him as a convenience of ours. I like the man. And he loves the club. But you can only fuck with someone's loyalty so much before you damage the relationship.

We are nearly there lads and lasses, let' just hold hands and get over the finish line.

Alladyce was here one window and addressed two problems. One pace, Walcott, two a striker, Tosun. Given his track record and expect him to fix the defence given a proper window. This shambles is thanks to Koeman and Walsh. Would anyone swap their midfield for ours in the league? Or their 2 centre halves? 

I want a manager that’s giving it the big one on the touch line and celebrating when we score. Not being a cunt like Klopp or O’Neil used to do. I want it to mean something, not just someone not arsed and happy is he getting big wages. Fonseca looks the type. I’m not sure if silva is a fraud/flash in the pan. Only one way of knowing I guess. I just know I’d be a lot happier knowing with a few games to go we could have a new manager not dreading the summer 

50 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Whose midfield and centre halves are we talking about? 

Any team in the league. 

Mentioned first game of the season that Stoke dominated our midfield with Allen and Fletcher and we've been no better except for when Davies plays and McCarthy's cameo. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Alladyce was here one window and addressed two problems. One pace, Walcott, two a striker, Tosun. Given his track record and expect him to fix the defence given a proper window. This shambles is thanks to Koeman and Walsh. Would anyone swap their midfield for ours in the league? Or their 2 centre halves? 

Whilst we might have the players in, we haven't addressed the real problem of bringing them into the game. Its pointless bringing in finishers if you cant give them any chances to feed off so IMO the wrong problems were addressed.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst we might have the players in, we haven't addressed the real problem of bringing them into the game. Its pointless bringing in finishers if you cant give them any chances to feed off so IMO the wrong problems were addressed.

Pace was an absolute must. With Walcott we at least have someone to get you on your feet. We're desperate for a cm but who would sell in January? 

He brought a CB (Mangala) in as well but he got injured. I don't see what else they could've done considering the January market. Walsh and Koeman fucked up big in the summer.