Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Summer Transfer Window 2018

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd still like to see some players sold or put out on loan.  mccarthy, vlasic, martina, pennington, besic, galloway, browning.  also decide if dowell is going on loan or staying and getting time.

You really have it In for McCarthy, don’t you? The guy is injured because he’s one of the few from last season who really gave his all and made a difference  IMO, you don’t reward that by pushing out  

43 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

You really have it In for McCarthy, don’t you? The guy is injured because he’s one of the few from last season who really gave his all and made a difference  IMO, you don’t reward that by pushing out  

He plays 5 matches a year, get rid and save the wages for someone who can actually show up.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He plays 5 matches a year, get rid and save the wages for someone who can actually show up.

It’s not just about on the pitch, he’s part of the team and everyone will be watching him trying to get fit. His mentality is a positive thing to have around and I’ve no doubt we’ll see him back at his best soon enough. 

On 10/08/2018 at 11:10, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Richarlison, Digne, Bernard, Mina
OUT: Joel, C Grant, Funes Mori, Rooney, Klaassen
LOAN IN: A Gomes, Zouma
LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic
YOUTH: J Virginia
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny Stek Dowell Connolly

updated to add zouma and out vlasic

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Coco is off to stoke apparently 

Coco the clown of to join Crusty the clown (williams).... side show Bob is well gone too.  Happy days. 

LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic, Martina
CONTRACT EXT: Beni Pennington Foulds Lavery Mampala Ouzounidis Kiersey Bramall Hilton Denny Stek Dowell Connolly

added martina

LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic, Martina

What happens to: Bolasie, Besic, Sandro, Niasse, Lookman, Galloway, Browning, Pennington

1 minute ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

What happens to: Bolasie, Besic, Sandro, Niasse, Lookman, Galloway, Browning, Pennington

The latter three need to leave for their own good, permanently too. Niasse is still a good option off the bench, and I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a loan move on the cards for the other 3, if not negotiations for permanent moves in January 

LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic, Martina, Besic, J Williams

Still in question: Bolasie (likely headed to Villa), Lookman, Sandro, Niasse, Galloway, Browning, Pennington

looks more impressive everyday.  with a look to next summer here's who's available on a free that's of decent quality and age

anthony martial, adrian rabiot, aaron ramsey, yacine brahimi .  

i would love martial or rabiot here.

I’m really excited about Henry at galatasary. If he can come to us next year, with him and lookman that’s a scary forward line. Get another striker better quality than niasse to give cenk competition and we may be in business 

On 23/08/2018 at 15:34, AlbanyNYToffee said:

LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic, Martina, Besic, J Williams, Bolasie, Pennington, Sandro

Still in question: Galloway, Browning

updated this.  look at the Loan out and out rows, just wow

LOAN OUT: Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Williams, Mirallas, Robinson, Connolly, Vlasic, Martina, Besic, J Williams, Bolasie, Pennington, Sandro

Can't believe Galloway and Browning are still around. 

This season has started off well so don't want to get too far ahead but looking to next May the following appear to be out of contract: Baines, Jags, Williams 

On 31/08/2018 at 19:03, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Can't believe Galloway and Browning are still around. 

This season has started off well so don't want to get too far ahead but looking to next May the following appear to be out of contract: Baines, Jags, Williams 

Apart from Baines they should both be released. Baines deserves one more season (as back up) for me.

9 hours ago, Paddock said:

Apart from Baines they should both be released. Baines deserves one more season (as back up) for me.

Jags was by far our best defender last year. We can’t replace him with a back up player that would even be as good as him let alone better. Why not just give Jags another year to keep some consistency in the squad and still a good standard?

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Jags was by far our best defender last year. We can’t replace him with a back up player that would even be as good as him let alone better. Why not just give Jags another year to keep some consistency in the squad and still a good standard?

Next season he’ll be 37 wont he?

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

So? If he’s still playing well he’ll at least be a good stand-in if needed. Not to mention the off field benefits of having him around. 

10 hours ago, Paddock said:

Read the following, if it's true he'll be hanging his boots up at the end of this season 

I will say this bloke's been pretty much spot in over the transfer window 

https://mobile.twitter.com/charles_stevo

22 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I don’t care how old he is. Why does that matter if he’s still a positive influence and good enough. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I don’t care how old he is. Why does that matter if he’s still a positive influence and good enough. 

I don’t want a 37 year old defender as back up- his legs have already gone. Buy a replacement and move him out.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So? If he’s still playing well he’ll at least be a good stand-in if needed. Not to mention the off field benefits of having him around. 

See above post. If we want to push into top 6 having a 37 year old full back who’s legs are on the way out is not for me. Buy a replacement and let him go.

Just now, Paddock said:

Will they be next year? 37 is old for any player to play premier league football.

Wish I was 37; Ryan Giggs and Teddy Sheringham played until they were 40 in much more physically demanding positions, age is just a number if you look after yourself properly.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Will they be next year? 37 is old for any player to play premier league football.

This question/statement has been asked/applied for years yet he’s still performed. 

I hope he’ll be phased out over this season but I’d still want to keep him around next season if he’s fit enough, and the way he’s looked after himself and conducted himself over the years makes me think he’s got another season in him 

23 hours ago, Paddock said:

I don’t want a 37 year old defender as back up- his legs have already gone. Buy a replacement and move him out.

But there is risk with every signing. What happens if we let him go and bring in a dud? What if Mina is rubbish and we need to move him on too?

there is a lot to be said for having a steady guy in the side. 

21 hours ago, Matt said:

This question/statement has been asked/applied for years yet he’s still performed. 

I hope he’ll be phased out over this season but I’d still want to keep him around next season if he’s fit enough, and the way he’s looked after himself and conducted himself over the years makes me think he’s got another season in him 

This is true, he gets written off season after season and almost always ends up our best defender. 

We will just have to see how he gets on. It might be that time does catch up with him by the end of the season or he could end up being our best defender again. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

But there is risk with every signing. What happens if we let him go and bring in a dud? What if Mina is rubbish and we need to move him on too?

there is a lot to be said for having a steady guy in the side. 

So we buy an already proven younger CB. Jagielka has been a great servant I’d hate to see him being treated like Reid was at the end, imo opinion that’ll happen (already is in some sections of fans) should he play another season with us after this one.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

So we buy an already proven younger CB. Jagielka has been a great servant I’d hate to see him being treated like Reid was at the end, imo opinion that’ll happen (already is in some sections of fans) should he play another season with us after this one.

Like Keane? 😉

I think most people would use a bit of common sense and bit a replacement first. 

If we do get someone who can fit in, then Jags should be fazed out. But the important thing is to have that replacement implemented into the team first.

One of my favourite players over the years and an absolute steal for what he's given over the years 

I do think his time is nearing an end sadly and I do think he'll be replaced/fazed out in the near future but I'd love him to be kept around the club when the time comes