IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Barca will just up his price if anything, and hopefully we are his chosen destination. However if a couple of CL teams come sniffing (Spurs) then it's probably game over.

I’m not convinced he’ll go elsewhere, I think he’s genuinely settled here judging on his actions off the pitch and he knows he’s loved here. Whether that’s enough to keep him happy is another thing 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m not convinced he’ll go elsewhere, I think he’s genuinely settled here judging on his actions off the pitch and he knows he’s loved here. Whether that’s enough to keep him happy is another thing 

Throw CL football at him and his head might turn. I Hope not though 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Throw CL football at him and his head might turn. I Hope not though 

like Brands said though some players just want to play, like Digne, that's why Everton was attractive to him, he could play the game he loves every week.  Could be the same for Gomes, also the Portuguese speakers here could be beneficial.

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

like Brands said though some players just want to play, like Digne, that's why Everton was attractive to him, he could play the game he loves every week.  Could be the same for Gomes, also the Portuguese speakers here could be beneficial.

Fingers crossed mate

Any players u would have from the relegated teams? There’s a lad at Huddersfield who they signed from charlton in January that looks decent. From Fulham sessegnon but not sure If we are desperate for left sided players. Mitrovic is strong but maybe hasn’t the mobility brands has spoken about that he likes. Burnley or Cardiff? I’d take any of their keepers from Burnley 

58 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Any players u would have from the relegated teams? There’s a lad at Huddersfield who they signed from charlton in January that looks decent. From Fulham sessegnon but not sure If we are desperate for left sided players. Mitrovic is strong but maybe hasn’t the mobility brands has spoken about that he likes. Burnley or Cardiff? I’d take any of their keepers from Burnley 

Heaton is knocking on now at 30 so that's a maybe,  Pope yes, Hart most defiantly not!

Billings had a good start to the season but seems to have tailed off, Mooy possibly Huddersfields best player, not sure if he's right for us though.

Mitrovic at the right price, no more than £20m, no one else impresses me enough to consider.

7 hours ago, Makis said:

So would he play instead of Digne at LB or instead of Bernard/Richarlison as LW?

He's been playing on the wing for most of the season. Walcott off and Sessesgnon rotating with Bernard on the left and Richarlison/Lookman on the right?

I wouldn’t like him at left back anyway, from what I’ve seen he would be more useful at left wing. So far none of our wingers have played the same position each week, so having four of them would be fine. No one has to play second fiddle. The very nature of wingers often sees them in and out of form, there aren’t many who are consistent for a full season. 

Sort of off-topic but perhaps Walsh wasn't that bad?

Good

Gana, Lookman, DCL, Pickford, Keane, Gylfi, Vlasic, Rooney

Indifferent

Stek, Valencia, Mangala, Martina, Walcott, Tosun

Bad

Williams, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassen

I said Vlasic good because we're going to sell him for more than we bought him for. Walcott and Tosun indifferent because we can probably get back a decent chunk of the transfer fees in transfers and they have played well enough to justify the difference. And i really don't like Walcott. 

2 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Sort of off-topic but perhaps Walsh wasn't that bad?

Good

Gana, Lookman, DCL, Pickford, Keane, Gylfi, Vlasic, Rooney

Indifferent

Stek, Valencia, Mangala, Martina, Walcott, Tosun

Bad

Williams, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassen

I said Vlasic good because we're going to sell him for more than we bought him for. Walcott and Tosun indifferent because we can probably get back a decent chunk of the transfer fees in transfers and they have played well enough to justify the difference. And i really don't like Walcott. 

yeah i think walsh will end up with a net positive although i think rooney was indifferent for me.  Walsh's issue was the high wages which isn'tt factored into this.  You're missing sandro as a bad.  Martinez was a net loss (i calculated this a while back i'm too lazy to look).  Moyes was a net positive.

He couldn't build a squad or a team. This is first priority. You also left out Martina. Sigurdsson was way too expensive for what he produces and we'll make a loss on him when he moves on.

Using Transfermarkt values he spent 289 million euros on 16 players. So far we have recouped 13.5m (from Klaassen). Brands will do an extremely good job if he gets 100 million for Gana, Lookman, Vlasic, Walcott, Tosun and Schneiderlin. 30, 20, 15, 10, 10 and 10 = 95m maybe?

190 million for DCL, Pickford, Keane and Gylfi is an awful lot of money. You can optimistically increase the price of the outgoing players but you'd still not get anywhere near a sum that would make that quartet worth the outlay. I don't think I'm that far off. Gana is 30, Lookman has promise but not much more (even in Germany he was mostly a sub) and Vlasic has interest from Russia, they are not going to pay much more than that. And we should really also count the wages.

And I'm not even sure if Walsh bought DCL. Was he bought by the first team or reserves?