IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree. One of our subs is always for a wide man and therefore if we get one injury we are short.

😂 Bolasie or Mirallas?! Neither were good enough for the crap leagues they played in last season, let alone back in the PL.

I don't see us playing 442 any time soon.

It’s meant to be more of a 424 to be honest but it’s hard to map out on a phone :lol: 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bolasie or Mirallas are good enough to be fourth choice. Sigurdssen and Kean can play their too, DCL filled in for us there as well. With Bernard not being on it might be worth trying Sigurdssen with Digne, would get him on the ball more. Try DCL and Kean up top together. 

Pete what are you on about? Bolasie and Mirallas are not worth a space on the bench. You say you want players playing in the proper positions and have complained about Marco doing the opposite then you throw in gilfi as a suitable back up and kean? If we want to be a serious club we need to get rid of all the crap and get players to improve our squad. I don’t want to be sat at a game which is tight hoping mirrallas is coming on to win us the game 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Niasse can’t have long left on his contract. Mirrallas has looked pretty sharp in pre season. Probably because he wants a move. 

He looked sharp at RB but anonymous when he has played wide.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Truth is due to the contracts last year we might be stuck with niasse and mirallas.  Might as well try and get them to be useful on the bench.

I'd rather they weren't taking spots from players who do have a future at the club.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bolasie or Mirallas?! Neither were good enough for the crap leagues they played in last season, let alone back in the PL.

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete what are you on about? Bolasie and Mirallas are not worth a space on the bench. You say you want players playing in the proper positions and have complained about Marco doing the opposite then you throw in gilfi as a suitable back up and kean? If we want to be a serious club we need to get rid of all the crap and get players to improve our squad. I don’t want to be sat at a game which is tight hoping mirrallas is coming on to win us the game 

Lookman our 4th choice last season got 600 minutes. I'd rather have Bolasie or Mirallas come on as an impact sub than Lookman. 

End of window team?

Pickford

Coleman Keane  Zouma  Digne

Gbamin

Gomes       Doucoure

Richarlison    Kean       Bernard

Would be pretty sweet!

Sig isn't a winger. Kean isn't a winger. DCL isn't a winger. Please repeat until that has sunk in, this is Koeman tactics of trying to put square pegs in round holes. For us to progress we have to sign a winger who goes straight into the team, they would replace Bernard for me, as good as he is, there is no room for sentiment when you want to compete. Zaha would go straight into the team for me.

However right now I would say a CB and RB are the main priority over a winger, at present moment do you all know who is our senior back up right back? Cuco fucking Martina.

As for Bolasie and Mirallas, I wouldn't even play them in the U23's. Shitehawks.

34 minutes ago, aaron said:

Sig isn't a winger. Kean isn't a winger. DCL isn't a winger. Please repeat until that has sunk in, this is Koeman tactics of trying to put square pegs in round holes. For us to progress we have to sign a winger who goes straight into the team, they would replace Bernard for me, as good as he is, there is no room for sentiment when you want to compete. Zaha would go straight into the team for me.

However right now I would say a CB and RB are the main priority over a winger, at present moment do you all know who is our senior back up right back? Cuco fucking Martina.

As for Bolasie and Mirallas, I wouldn't even play them in the U23's. Shitehawks.

Why would you want to break up the Digne/Bernard partnership which flourished last season? What does Zaha have that makes him a better replacement?!

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why would you want to break up the Digne/Bernard partnership which flourished last season? What does Zaha have that makes him a better replacement?!

10 goals and 5 assists mate, countless vital passes that have led to chances. I love Bernard, I do, but in this game these days there is no room for sentiment. What's to say Zaha and Digne don't do a better job? Going by that question if the best left winger in the history of football was available for us to sign would you not want to do it? We want to compete and upgrading is how we do this.

40 minutes ago, Peter H said:

So most of you would have an 18 year old in his first season up front in your preferred starting 11? Some of you with DCL next to him?  My guess is that Kean won't be  the answer we are looking for this season. Would be unfair to place that much faith in him. 

He’s 19 tbf

23 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ledly King played upfront on many occasions, did that make him a striker? You play your players in their best positions and not shoehorn them in, Koeman did that and look what happened there.

There’s shoehorning and then there’s adapting to an injury crisis though. 

24 minutes ago, aaron said:

10 goals and 5 assists mate, countless vital passes that have led to chances. I love Bernard, I do, but in this game these days there is no room for sentiment. What's to say Zaha and Digne don't do a better job? Going by that question if the best left winger in the history of football was available for us to sign would you not want to do it? We want to compete and upgrading is how we do this.

I’ve mentioned before that his stats look impressive because he’s the big fish in a small pond. I’ve not watched him every week but whenever I’ve seen him play he looks bang average, bar maybe a trick / moment of magic in a game, but is too theatrical and lightweight considering his build (as has also been mentioned somewhere, we already have enough of that with Richarlison). 

He might work well with Digne, but we know for sure Bernard and Digne work well, so why risk an expensive gamble? I’d also bet that Bernard’s workrate and tracking is way better than Zaha. Bernard’s play is all about the link up, ala Pienaar, who’s stats were never really great but who was essential to our attack. 

If the best left winger (which Zaha will never be) ever came in, you’d try and incorporate him of course. But since Zaha isn’t that, the scenario is moot. 

2 hours ago, aaron said:

I'd hope Holgate is the back up RB. Agree with everything else you have said though.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Zaha is more productive. This big fish small pond stuff is rubbish. If he can produce those numbers for Palace he can do it for us. He doesn't get any special treatment at Palace.

I think if Zaha came he would be our best wide man albeit it would be close with Richarlison.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd hope Holgate is the back up RB. Agree with everything else you have said though.

Zaha is more productive. This big fish small pond stuff is rubbish. If he can produce those numbers for Palace he can do it for us. He doesn't get any special treatment at Palace.

I think if Zaha came he would be our best wide man albeit it would be close with Richarlison.

I pray that's the case if we don't sign a RB this window. I don't think I could cope with another match of Martina!

In regards to Zaha, that is exactly what I think, Bernard brings a good link up play but he contributed 1 goal. if you want to do all competitions then its 2 goals all season, this is a poor return, Walcott scored more. This needs to improve this season and I hope it does for him, but Zaha would be an upgrade in terms of attacking football. No doubts about it for me.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It’s a bit like Hafs point about Lukaku; everything goes through him so of course he looks better than he is for the team. Andy Johnson got buckets of goals at Palace, and a fair few in his first season with us, but as soon as he wasn’t the focal point, his productivity (stats wise at least) dropped dramatically. 

I'd like to see Zaha(or some other winger) come in and have Bernard challenging Siggy for the spot behind the striker some. We don't have good cover for Siggy.

I appreciate the relationship between Bernard and Digne, but I don't think that would suffer too much as long as we brought in another tricky and clever winger. Remains to be seen.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

It’s a bit like Hafs point about Lukaku; everything goes through him so of course he looks better than he is for the team. Andy Johnson got buckets of goals at Palace, and a fair few in his first season with us, but as soon as he wasn’t the focal point, his productivity (stats wise at least) dropped dramatically. 

I don't agree. If everything went through him you would just mark him out of the game and if that's the case then his stats are even more impressive.

18 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I'd like to see Zaha(or some other winger) come in and have Bernard challenging Siggy for the spot behind the striker some. We don't have good cover for Siggy.

I appreciate the relationship between Bernard and Digne, but I don't think that would suffer too much as long as we brought in another tricky and clever winger. Remains to be seen.

Maybe the lack of cover for Siggy is intentional so he can phase out the number 10 and play a midfield 3.

Signing Gbamin and Delph, and submitting an offer for Doucoure must mean we are looking to play a 3 in midfield eventually? 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Just reading sky sports and they’re saying palace still want mccarthy. They’ve had one bid rejected but they are trying to put a structure in place for the fee!! They want £65 mill upfront off us but they want to structure £8 mill? 

It will be they want more of the £65m upfront, not all of it.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Maybe the lack of cover for Siggy is intentional so he can phase out the number 10 and play a midfield 3.

Signing Gbamin and Delph, and submitting an offer for Doucoure must mean we are looking to play a 3 in midfield eventually? 

That's a good point. We'll still need some creativity that tends to sit further up than Gomes in a midfield three, but I understand the rationale.