IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, MC11 said:

Would be great to get Doucoure, Allan and James in. The quality that adds to the midfield is tenfold. If we can sell Davies and Sigurdsson then that would be good business complete. 

I still think we need a striker though. 

Read that Watford would want someone on loan in return for doucoure. Maybe Davis but I’d like to see him around this season. He’s never played in a settled, well balanced team and I really think that’s hurting him and his development.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Read that Watford would want someone on loan in return for doucoure. Maybe Davis but I’d like to see him around this season. He’s never played in a settled, well balanced team and I really think that’s hurting him and his development.

He still won’t be if we sort ourselves out because he’ll be on the bench. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thankfully Aaron Mooy has gone to China so I don't have to read about some of you suggesting him as a good signing! :lol: 

Would have done a better job last year than any of our midfielders for a fraction of the cost of gylfi. Good on him though, get a nice payout.

So if our CM position is sorted by Allan / James / Doucoure signings (really going to get all 3?). What's next? - I think we still need an attacking RW and  LB for cover as a minimum.  Based on this - we still need to shift a load of players out too

I would say that we are weaker than other similar teams at CB, RW and then cover at left back. Right back will be up in the air a bit but we can address that in January if Kenny doesn't step up. 

GK is certainly up for debate as well but again I wouldnt address that straight away this summer unless an opportunity arose.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

RB is fine for a season. LB could be a worry but only if Digne really gets done over. CB I think we’re fine, same with the forwards. If we can get Allan, James and a RW I’ll consider this window resounding success 

same for me.  Allan and James sound like a go, just need that RW now.  I don't think we will see it though.  I think this is the lineup we will see

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Digne

Walcott Gomes Allan James

Richarlison DCL

We'll see Bernard/Gordon/Walcott as the RW tandem seeing action.  James will be the main LW in Carlo's formation and maybe bernard will see some time there.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

RB is fine for a season. LB could be a worry but only if Digne really gets done over. CB I think we’re fine, same with the forwards. If we can get Allan, James and a RW I’ll consider this window resounding success 

Young kid we signed looks promising and delph can surely cover LB. keeps him out of CM aswell, hopefully.

6 hours ago, Cisk said:

So if our CM position is sorted by Allan / James / Doucoure signings (really going to get all 3?). What's next? - I think we still need an attacking RW and  LB for cover as a minimum.  Based on this - we still need to shift a load of players out too

I think we are going to need to see some out goings before Doucoure comes in.

30 minutes ago, Btay said:

delph can surely cover LB. keeps him out of CM aswell, hopefully.

Stop, just stop it. 

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't get where people think we will play a 433 from.  carlo's system is the 442.  it's what we used most of the time.  with richy and DCL up top it suits our strengths.  

I don't think we're getting doucoure, just a smoke screen to push napoli with allan.  with gbamin healthy it's not needed anyways.

We used 442 because it suited the players we had. With different players we could very well play a different system. Plus, Carlo isn’t adverse to changing systems during games. Gbamin healthy? He’s not healthy now and hasn’t been healthy for more than a year now. We can’t count on him as of this moment. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop, just stop it. 

We used 442 because it suited the players we had. With different players we could very well play a different system. Plus, Carlo isn’t adverse to changing systems during games. Gbamin healthy? He’s not healthy now and hasn’t been healthy for more than a year now. We can’t count on him as of this moment. 

i get that, i just think James massive wages, the fee, and Allan's fee and wages will be the whole kitty, we still have some serious deadwood that isn't likely to be offloaded.  just those 2 players and i'd still think this was a 9/10 window, both are huge players and fill large needs for us.

I can see DCL losing his starting spot if he doesn’t start finding the net early in the season. Rodriguez could end up playing up front with Richarlison. 
Also if Doucoure does land Gomes could quite easily see himself sat on the bench in favour of a Doucoure Allan central pairing. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I can see DCL losing his starting spot if he doesn’t start finding the net early in the season. Rodriguez could end up playing up front with Richarlison. 
Also if Doucoure does land Gomes could quite easily see himself sat on the bench in favour of a Doucoure Allan central pairing. 

No chance.  James is tiny and sleight, he also isn’t a forward.  He’s midfielder.  No more round pegs square holes, moyes isn’t our manager anymore

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop, just stop it. 

I really dont see the issue in delph covering LB for this season "IF" the young kid cant quite step up yet.