IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Ecstatic with the all but done incomings. Just a reminder these folks are still collecting an Everton paycheck. I understand it's not easy but Brands needs to offload these, and quickly. Wouldn't mind seeing Besic stay until Gbamin is fit. 

Gylfi Delph Tosun Beni Besic Sandro Bolasie Connolly Pennington

Besic is a train wreck imo. He played two horrific passes in that preseason game that resulted in opportunities for the opponent and just seems like his head isn’t there. I’m no fan of Delph and his wages but I think he’s a better temporary cover for Gbamin. Medium term he needs to go. 

Besic, Tosun, Sandro def need to go. I’m on the fence about Gylfi as he’s not without ability despite the physical decline and he seems to be a good leader. That said, diminishing returns so I wouldn’t mind an exit if we got a decent offer. I may prefer Bolassie to Theo but we haven’t seen enough of the former lately to say for certain. One of those two should be sold. 

I don't have a particular problem with Delph (yet) - Not sure I can make to much of an assessment of his Everton career to date, was a new player in our squad last season, we had three managers and he was injured a lot last season, so never had a consistent run in the team to settle really.

A bit early for me to dismiss him as a flop. However, as we look like we are getting Allan and Doucoure in I would not lose any sleep if we move him on to save wages. However, he has covered left back a fair bit for city, so given Baines retirement (which was a real shame for us) he might yet prove a valuable player for us, that is until we have a bona fida deputy left back. Don't believe he's a shit player as there is no way he would have had some much playing time at City over the past 5 years given the squad they have. I wouldn't go giving him away. 

I don't yet count Delph in the same deadwood category as Gylfi*, Bolassie, Tosan, Besic and Sandro -  

*Gylfi is not a bad player, but I just don't think he has ever really fitted in to our teams, and is never going to now. Maybe he will turn in to a super sub - but his days as a starter are now numbered.  

Do we give Kenny a chance at RB this season? Can Delph and the new kid cover LB? How many new signings will affect the balance of the current squad? I think I'm happy with just these 3 we are getting and let Delph cover with Kenny and Coleman rotating at RB. Id be livid if we brought in a RB and Kenny left to develop into a really good player. 

41 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Do we give Kenny a chance at RB this season? Can Delph and the new kid cover LB? How many new signings will affect the balance of the current squad? I think I'm happy with just these 3 we are getting and let Delph cover with Kenny and Coleman rotating at RB. Id be livid if we brought in a RB and Kenny left to develop into a really good player. 

Coleman and Kenny are fine at right back for a season to see how Kenny progresses. 

We can’t go into the new season with just Digne at left back. The new kid hasn’t played proper top flight football yet, he can’t be expected to come in already. I’d have no issue if we picked up an older left back on a short term contract just to offer cover for Digne for now. 

If Delph is to get in the team it needs to be in midfield if he can get to a good level, but not in defence. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Let’s take out Delph being wank, how is he going to cover for anyone when he can’t stay fit? The whole point of cover is that they’re there to step in when there’s an injury or suspension, not sat in the physio room. 

Don’t know what your problem with Delph is Mark. 

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Imagine if Rodríguez and Doucoure come to complete their medical today and the reason the club didnt announce Allan last night after his medical was because they're saving the reveal for all 3 players.

I think I'd urinate all over myself in excitement. 

I think it’d be silly to announce all three at once. Get as much exposure as possible and do them one by one. 

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think it’d be silly to announce all three at once. Get as much exposure as possible and do them one by one. 

Good point.  James Rodriguez on his own is gonna be published to 400m on his social media..... 6th most followed athlete on the planet

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Imagine if Rodríguez and Doucoure come to complete their medical today and the reason the club didnt announce Allan last night after his medical was because they're saving the reveal for all 3 players.

I think I'd urinate all over myself in excitement. 

Is there any chance the delay could be tied to kit numbers? I will be buying a James shirt the second it becomes available and I imagine thousands more will be joining me - as long as i know the number is correct. Trying to sort Gylfi out quickly so James can have the 10? 

13 hours ago, StevO said:

Coleman and Kenny are fine at right back for a season to see how Kenny progresses. 

We can’t go into the new season with just Digne at left back. The new kid hasn’t played proper top flight football yet, he can’t be expected to come in already. I’d have no issue if we picked up an older left back on a short term contract just to offer cover for Digne for now. 

If Delph is to get in the team it needs to be in midfield if he can get to a good level, but not in defence. 

This!

If Delph is going to play any part of this season, then it will surely be to cover Allan. Albeit this assumes he can stay fit for long enough to be able to do so.

19 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Is there any chance the delay could be tied to kit numbers? I will be buying a James shirt the second it becomes available and I imagine thousands more will be joining me - as long as i know the number is correct. Trying to sort Gylfi out quickly so James can have the 10? 

He’s only having the medical today, so I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon. 

I agree that James needs to be 10, even if it means pissing off Gylfi. The worlds attention will be on the sale, as he’s Colombia’s 10 it would tie in nicely if he was ours too. And it’s just a lot cooler too. Obviously. 

45 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

There isn’t a delay. Allan has had his medical yesterday, James is today and Doucoure is in the next day or two. Nothing is ever announced before a medical.

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

He’s only having the medical today, so I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon. 

I agree that James needs to be 10, even if it means pissing off Gylfi. The worlds attention will be on the sale, as he’s Colombia’s 10 it would tie in nicely if he was ours too. And it’s just a lot cooler too. Obviously. 

I believe he was 11 at Bayern. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

There would be no need to shift Gylfi before giving him the number 10 anyway.

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

He was, but he wasn’t the main man there. 
Him coming here is a statement. It should be treated as such. 

I wonder how that conversation goes if Siggy stays. In the NFL when players join a new team they will often pay a teammate for their preferred jersey number. Of course they don’t have the history associated with certain numbers and the expectations that come with it.

3 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I wonder how that conversation goes if Siggy stays. In the NFL when players join a new team they will often pay a teammate for their preferred jersey number. Of course they don’t have the history associated with certain numbers and the expectations that come with it.

If Gylfi isn’t part of the first team plans then he probably already knows it, so being asked to give up the shirt number shouldn’t be a major issue for him. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

If Gylfi isn’t part of the first team plans then he probably already knows it, so being asked to give up the shirt number shouldn’t be a major issue for him. 

It’s a bit humiliating for a player with some stature in the game. He’s a professional and I’d expect him to do it (in fact the smart thing would be to offer it) but even so it’s gotta sting.

5 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

It’s a bit humiliating for a player with some stature in the game. He’s a professional and I’d expect him to do it (in fact the smart thing would be to offer it) but even so it’s gotta sting.

Might be the push he could need to sign for another club if he’s got offers. 

11 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He is a professional, one of the reasons I don’t want rid of him. Therefore he’ll recognise the importance for the club and won’t argue. Wasn’t he 18 beforehand? Doesn’t matter, he’ll be professional in any case. 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

He is a professional, one of the reasons I don’t want rid of him. Therefore he’ll recognise the importance for the club and won’t argue. Wasn’t he 18 beforehand? Doesn’t matter, he’ll be professional in any case. 

exactly, he will either leave for more playing time, or happily accept his 120k a week and be a role player for us.  injuries and suspensions happen, and we have a manager who hopefully will take the cups serious.  i would like gylfi to stay as well.