IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

I'm still ok with it all so far.

Must admit that maybe a feeling of being more curious has started to creep in. The realisation that we only have 4 weeks until the window shuts. There's going to be some mad frantic business going on in the PL over the coming weeks.

looking at current squad here's what we have for lineup

gk - pickford, stek

lb - baines, robinson

rb - coleman, kenny, martina

lcb - keane, williams, galloway

rcb - holgate, jags, pennington

cm - schneiderlin, gueye, besic, mccarthy, beni

acm - gylfi, davies, klassen, dowell

lw - lookman, bolasie, mirallas

rw - walcott, vlasic

f - tosun, niasse, dcl, sandro

i don't expect browning or tarashaj to stick around.  it's not the greatest lineup in the world but we have every position filled.  after doing this i can actually see what brands is talking about in regards to squad size and needing to get rid of more.  let's hope some more are moved out the door before the window closes so we can bring a couple in.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

I'm still ok with it all so far.

Must admit that maybe a feeling of being more curious has started to creep in. The realisation that we only have 4 weeks until the window shuts. There's going to be some mad frantic business going on in the PL over the coming weeks.

Yeh I am starting to get a little more... erm... yeh curious. Its not at the stage of concern but at the same time I am surprised that we don't have one of the key positions sorted such as LB where Robinson doesn't appear to be training with the first team.

When you go through the squad and consider how many players I would trust for the next season (based on last season's performance) then its not a very big number, however we do have a few kids that can improve and a few players that have a point to prove based on what happened last year. The biggest concern for me is the age in the back 4 and that all round, dictating central midfielder. I think we can get through the season in the rest of the positions.

Nice breakdown Mark. I'd expect Martina to be 2nd choice LB, not that we should feel great about it.

At this stage, and knowing we will play 4-3-3, I still think we absolutely need a left back, center mid and winger. Backup keeper and center back would be nice. 

Get the F*** Out: Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas

Out if replacement found: Stek, Galloway, Bolasie

On 10/07/2018 at 09:37, plaidharper said:

Looks like Kenedy is going back to Newcastle on loan without option to buy.  Could have done a shift here for a year. 

Still waiting on that LB. Anyone know if Robinson is with the first team or is he with the youth squad in Spain?

Think I spotted him in one of these photos of first team training so maybe he will be the backup if no one is signed?

https://twitter.com/EFCSnapped/status/1017420208858943488/photo/1

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Think I spotted him in one of these photos of first team training so maybe he will be the backup if no one is signed?

https://twitter.com/EFCSnapped/status/1017420208858943488/photo/1

Looks like him behind Baines? 

In the next image, has anyone got an idea who the black guy is in the orange bib with what looks like a pony tail/dreads? 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

possibly beni, he did have very long hair last year (it went up) that could have been put into braids.

I thought he was on the right of the picture based on the shape of his face? It could be though, or it could be something behind the player that looks like his hair? 

When Williams goes we need two centre backs. Either Mina or a other and I’d have the young lad at charlton. Left back is a must. Tierney/ max or that Brazilian lad would do for me. We need a a midfielder or two dependant on besic, Morgan, McCarthy going. Loftus-Cheek would do for me, then it’s a winger and striker. Lozano or ziyech for the winger then a fast striker. 

Pickford 

coleman         Holgate     Mina         Max

Loftus-Cheek    Gilfi      Gana 

Walcott/Lozano                 Lookman

Tosun 

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:59, Bailey said:

When I read through the list of U23s with the senior squad I dont remember seeing his name. 

I have seen pictures of Connolly, Dowell, Beni and Pennington but not Robinson.

he's posted on his instagram that he is in Austria with the team

53 minutes ago, aaron said:

he's posted on his instagram that he is in Austria with the team

Good to hear! I re-read an article about the U23s moved into the senior camp and he wasnt mentioned for some reason. It might be becuase he was on loan however they still mentioned Dowell? Strange one.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

So at what point do we worry about no players coming in..

2 hours ago, jofanon said:

Less than one month left...

Only 3 full weeks left!!!

I must admit that I'm getting more edgey with each passing day. Not just because the time left feels pretty scary...but teams are starting to make moves and signings.

I know I shouldn't bother what others are doing, but it's really difficult not to twitch as they start making additions...most have made one or two decent improvements.

We'll be ok though lads.