Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Summer Transfer Window

Remove 2018 from the title and this thread lives on.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/soccer-transfers/3/post/3712862/aaron-ramsey-plus-anthony-martial-and-adrien-rabiot-lead-top-free-agents-in-the-summer

notable free agents this summer.  I would take Diaz, martial, alderwiereld, dembele, rabiot, and rice.  Interesting to see baines on the list.

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Remove 2018 from the title and this thread lives on.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/soccer-transfers/3/post/3712862/aaron-ramsey-plus-anthony-martial-and-adrien-rabiot-lead-top-free-agents-in-the-summer

notable free agents this summer.  I would take Diaz, martial, alderwiereld, dembele, rabiot, and rice.  Interesting to see baines on the list.

Finally worked out how to change the titles again :lol: 

(Depending on ins and perm outs) Hoping that we loan out a few for playing time, targeting the lower prem and Bundesliga.  Huddersfield and Southampton (with Hasenhuttl going there) are 2 that come to mind with (or soon to) the right style. 

Dowell and Beni (injured?) need to be playing.  I'd also consider Davies, if McCarthy is fit and we don't sell any other CM's, and DCL, if Charlie stays up top and both Cenk & Niasse remain.  Maybe even Holgate, if we think we've got enough cover.  

We need a striker. If Moshiri is serious I think the summer we will need our Robinho. Not so much an expensive flop, but a player to make the world take notice. That player needs to be a striker though. We need to have someone taking chances on a very regular basis. 

After that it’s just looking for the next player to replace with more quality. 

16 hours ago, StevO said:

We need a striker. If Moshiri is serious I think the summer we will need our Robinho. Not so much an expensive flop, but a player to make the world take notice. That player needs to be a striker though. We need to have someone taking chances on a very regular basis. 

After that it’s just looking for the next player to replace with more quality. 

Timo Werner would be the kind of signing that I think would do that, I said in the January thread he's the type we should be aiming for in summer 

57 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Timo Werner would be the kind of signing that I think would do that, I said in the January thread he's the type we should be aiming for in summer 

As good as he is, I don’t think he would be the kind of statement that would make everyone look. Wouldn’t happen, but a name like Diego Costa (though he would be an amazing signing). 

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

As good as he is, I don’t think he would be the kind of statement that would make everyone look. Wouldn’t happen, but a name like Diego Costa (though he would be an amazing signing). 

agreed.  i want want someone better than werner.  

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Balotelli is on a free. Worth a one year deal. He's class when he's arsed, playing in France might have helped humble him. 

Fuck no

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed.  i want want someone better than werner.  

Not many better that are feasible imo he's also very highly regarded 

I get what you and Steve mean though I just can't think of many 

27 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Not many better that are feasible imo he's also very highly regarded 

I get what you and Steve mean though I just can't think of many 

No I cant think of many either. There almost needs to be Giroud / Morata situation but with guys that score goals.

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

Only problem with Mertens is he'll be 32 in May. I'm not one to normally worry about age, but that's big risk. His output has dropped slightly since 2016-17 season.

I had to check I didn't realise he's that old he only looks young 😆 scrap that one then 

Immobile or Icardi would be what I'd love to say but I know we've zero chance of either 

Werner or Lozano for me or like Bailey said take a punt on a player not quite firing for another side but has the ability and may do well elsewhere

19 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I had to check I didn't realise he's that old he on only looks young 😆 scrap that one then 

Immobile or Icardi would be what I'd love to say but I know we've zero chance of either 

Werner or Lozano for me or like Bailey said take a punt on a player not quite firing for another side but has the ability and may do well elsewhere

Immobile or Icardi yeah now we are talking.  a couple sleeper picks would be Maxi Gomez from Celta Vigo, Santi Mina from Valencia.  I'd take Rashford from United as well.

I still think Onyekuru will be class if he's ever allowed to play for us. Not to say it wouldn't be nice to have another striker, but if he gets his work permit, but I think we'll find ourselves in a pretty good position next season if we're able to retain Gomes and sign a replacement for Coleman.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

I still think Onyekuru will be class if he's ever allowed to play for us. Not to say it wouldn't be nice to have another striker, but if he gets his work permit, but I think we'll find ourselves in a pretty good position next season if we're able to retain Gomes and sign a replacement for Coleman.

Slipped my mind tbh he does look a talented lad 

Everton were watching Argentinean Sala play the other night valued at around 25million it's a big gamble for that sort of money that they come good, we haven't been very successful with the last crop for around that sort of fee namely Niasse Sandro and Tosun, wouldn't we be better off going for proven strikers in the top flight of football than taking gambles on the lower end, after all we've already wasted three seasons of improvement on strikers that haven't made the grade.