IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Only 3 full weeks left!!!

I must admit that I'm getting more edgey with each passing day. Not just because the time left feels pretty scary...but teams are starting to make moves and signings.

I know I shouldn't bother what others are doing, but it's really difficult not to twitch as they start making additions...most have made one or two decent improvements.

We'll be ok though lads.

That's where I'm at with it all as well, Newts.

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's where I'm at with it all as well, Newts.

Oh good! Always makes you feel better when you're not the only one.

I was expecting more exits too to be honest.

But, I suppose, Silva will be using the initial training camps to really run the rule over the squad. I suppose there was no other way. He needs to see the players in action, how they respond, where they are mentally, how they see themselves within the club.

I just hope we don't end up doing it all last minute, paying over the odds and missing out on our real targets. Been there too recently!!!

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Only 3 full weeks left!!!

I must admit that I'm getting more edgey with each passing day. Not just because the time left feels pretty scary...but teams are starting to make moves and signings.

I know I shouldn't bother what others are doing, but it's really difficult not to twitch as they start making additions...most have made one or two decent improvements.

We'll be ok though lads.

But this happens season after season, so I’m not worried in the slightest 

Just now, Newty82 said:

I know....

I know we'll make signings. That's not a doubt, it's just....well, I've already said!!!

If anyone else is making moves, I don’t really care either. Every year we look around us and get frustrated by other clubs signing players the media said we were in for, and every season (spurs aside in the last 5 years) the other teams have been equal or below us for the most part. 

I’m just trusting the new DoF, manager and the short time they’ve had to assess as reason enough to not worry. We’ll get who we want, I’m sure of it. 

I think the fact that we are struggling to offload some of the fringe players suggests how badly we have recruited in the last 2 years.

High fees, high wages abd players who havent performed. Hopefully as teams get more desperate and the reality for some players set in (that they will spend the season on the bench at best), they will be able to be moved on.

Fellaini was an even later buy. 

I think they k ow that if they let it known who our targets are early... then Spurs usually nick em.

If we wait until the last minute, it doesn’t give room for any others to steal in... or makes it more difficult.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Lb, cb, striker.

We are over stocked in midfield. 

Over stocked with average players though. We need a starting centre mid more desperately than a cover LB or ST. CB would be next on the list as we are stocked with average (and aging) players there too.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Over stocked with average players though. We need a starting centre mid more desperately than a cover LB or ST. CB would be next on the list as we are stocked with average (and aging) players there too.

Gana, Davies, Schneiderlin, Siggy, Benji are good players.

Besic, is good cover

Dowell is very promising 

Wingers we have Walcott, Vlasic, Lookman.

We have no European games so don't need a massive squad.

22 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Gana, Davies, Schneiderlin, Siggy, Benji are good players.

Besic, is good cover

Dowell is very promising 

Wingers we have Walcott, Vlasic, Lookman.

We have no European games so don't need a massive squad.

We desperately need a rounded central midfielder. Not one of the players you mentioned can attack as well as they defend (or the other way round). Gana, Shneiderlin and Benji will all detract from our attacking play, Siggy doesnt convince me as a central midfielder because its not his position, and Davies and Besic havent shown the level of quality we need yet. We might have lots of players but if we want to play attacking or counter attacking football with quick transitions we will be hamstrung before a ball is kicked. 

I dont disagree with our wingers or potential 10's but our central midfield players are limited, they are also weak, and we need a well rounded physical prescence to control and dictate the game from the middle of the park. 

We can limp through without an established second left back (not necessarily for a long term absence), we can get away with Niasse, Walcott and DCL dovetailing in the absence of Cenk, but if we dont get a proper footballer in that midfield I think we will struggle to compete with the top 6 or 7. 

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

. We can limp through without an established second left back (not necessarily for a long term absence), 

We should be signing an established first left-back first like. We do that then we've got a second left-back sorted in Baines.

The only signings we should be looking to make this summer are first choice players, that then relegates the current starters to be back-ups. Quality. Quality. Quality.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We should be signing an established first left-back first like. We do that then we've got a second left-back sorted in Baines.

The only signings we should be looking to make this summer are first choice players, that then relegates the current starters to be back-ups. Quality. Quality. Quality.

I agree completely. 

I meant that if we have to rely on Robinson behind Baines we can get away with it more than not having a proper CM. 

I agree that a starting LB should be one of the positions we strengthen unless Robinson is expected to be good enough to be starting before the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, jofanon said:

Desperate for a proper CM

Our current batch are too limited or just not good enough 

Strong spine and all that

Suggested that the other day but a lot seemed to disagree. We are crying out for a physical presence. We should be spending this richarlison money on doucoure if he would come.